Tuesday Talk: Time for a Change...

Hello friends!!!

Happy Tuesday!!

How was weekend? Is your week off to a great start?? I sure hope so!

For the 7 of you who read of my blog, I am sure you have noticed it has been "quiet" around these parts :)

For quite some time now, I have been feeling a shift in how I want to spend my (very) little free time...and blogging has become lower and lower on the totem pole of priorities for me.
It's not that I don't want to blog or don't have tons of things I want to share with all of you- but when it comes down to it- and I have some time to write a post...I want to do other things more! Do you know what I mean? 
I want to start reading books again, maybe watch a TV show, sit and talk with my husband, paint my nails...heck- a lot of the time, I just want to sit and do nothing. HA!

There is also some big-ish changes happening in our house...I am going back to work (very part-time)- and all FIVE of the kids will be going to school!!

When I started this blog over 2 1/2 years ago, my purpose was to create an outlet to share a little bit about my journey as a mom and wife. My blog has NEVER been a money making platform- I did that on purpose- because I always wanted to be posting because I truly WANTED to.
There has been a shift in me WANTING to post and I am listening to my heart and things that God is nudging me to do and I have decided to stop blogging.

This blogging community has been nothing short of amazing and I have sincerely enjoyed every bit of it!! Your comments and emails have brightened my days so many times and it has meant SO much to me to know that many of you enjoy hearing about my latest Walmart purchases ;)

While I am going to no longer be blogging, I do want to become a little more "present" on my Instagram account and share more things over there! Kind of like mini-blogging :)
I can't tell you how many times I have been walking around Aldi or Walmart and thought to myself- I should post this fun find on Instagram!! HA!

So- if you don't follow me on Instagram- you can find me at: @podiatrywife08
Will you please do me a huge favor and DM me when you request to follow me?
Just tell me that you read my blog :) I am SUPER weird about having random people who truly have no connection to me following me on Instagram ;)

It is bittersweet for me to be done with this season of life...but I am SO grateful for the time I had with this little blog and for all of the support and encouragement that was shared with me.

THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!!
Now...just a few things to remember for the Tuesday Talk link-up: 

Please follow your hosts in some way- we would love to connect with you!
- Visit the other links and leave some comment love.
- By linking up to this link party, you give us permission to feature an image on our blog and social media. Proper credit and links will be given!
- Remember to link back using the button or text link.
- Optional: On social media #TuesTalk as you share your post
Hosted By:
Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Crystal at Hall Around Texas | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram 
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram



Comments

  1. While I'm sad you won't be blogging anymore, I completely get it! I've gone through so many seasons of blogging and it's fun to see the change. I mostly love that it has always been about "scrap booking" our lives and nothing more. 😉 I'll hop on over to instagram and add you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to lose a favorite blog, but happy you're doing what's best for you! I requested to follow you on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I will miss reading your blog! I don't read many blogs anymore at all & yours was one I would always check in on because I love your realness, plus you're an early bird like me. ;) lol! In all seriousness, I will miss this space of yours, but am already following you on IG, so I can't wait to see what lies ahead for you. Where will you be working?! That's so exciting! When do you start?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning! I requested to follow you on instagram, but can't figure out how to dm you. I would really like to follow you on instagram. My instagram name is meganthoennes. Good luck in you new adventure of going back to work part time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad!!! Your blog is one of my favorites!! Best of luck with your new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I requested you on Instagram- I'm AmandaLDeans. I'll miss your blog'. Wish the best to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sad you'll no longer be blogging but excited for all the amazing changes happening in your life right now! Best of luck in your new job. I've sent you a request on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I love your blog! Like the others, I am sad you are done blogging but wish you the best! Your realistic ideas and advice are awesome. You inspire me to be a smart shopper and an intentional mom. =) I requested to follow you on instagram, but I am not sure how to DM either? I am ambermeulebroeck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your friendship and encouragement these last couple of years for me has been nothing short of greatly appreciated! I'll miss reading your posts here, but thankful we'll still be connected through IG. I've said it a million times, but I'm so thankful for this "community" and the support it lends to each other. You are making the best decision for you and that's admirable!! Lots of love friend! (p.s....you MUST do a home tour on IG stories soon!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will so miss your blog - love hearing about your Walmart & Aldi purchases. I just sent you a request on Instagram not sure how to send a DM but I look forward to your posts on Instagram. Good luck with the new routine in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will miss your blog too. Best of luck in your new adventures. I requested to follow you on instagram too but can't figure out how to send a DM. I'm sweetdeesmom9813.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will miss you, but I will connect on Instagram!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will sure miss your blog, but I wish you the best! I can't wait to follow along with Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will miss youe blog. I requested to follow you on Instagram but I don't think it lets you DM you without being your friend so my user name is QueenofEverything83

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is one of my favorite but I understand where you are coming from. I already follow you on insta so I will continue to check that out. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck on your next adventure! I sure will miss reading your blog. It was my favorite since it always felt like you were very real and that we had so much in common. My mornings won't be the same without "checking in" on your updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will really miss seeing you blogging! Your positivity and sense of humor was always a bright spot in my day! Good luck on this new season in your life and with all the kiddos going to school, that's a huge undertaking and change! I'm not on instagram unfortunately but wish you and yours all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm very sad you will no longer be blogging. Yours was one of the few blogs I followed and really loved reading all of your posts. I don't do Instagram so I won't be able to follow you anymore - bummer!!! Good luck in your new job and whatever comes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have signed up for Instagram and I am @janeflaherty8957. Thanks.

      Delete
  19. I will really miss your blog, but look forward to you being more active on IG...hint, hint!! :) I can't wait to see how you all settle into your new home and all the deals you find! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will definitely miss reading your blog & all about your Walmart purchases! I hope to still see them on IG!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will miss you on here but I have to say, I'll be stalking you like crazy on your IG. Especially so I can see your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so sad and will miss reading your blog. Blessings on this new chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will miss you so much! But excited for your new chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have loved following your blog & will miss it. I have requested to follow, but it is not letting me DM you (not sure why I am kydon1). Wishing you the best as you start this new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sad to hear you won't be blogging anymore:(
    I really looked forward to reading. So many blogs are all about making money these days and have lost that genuine appeal. While I will miss the updates of your beautiful family, Walmart finds, recipes etc... I totally understand your decision to stop. Life is so busy, especially with so many little ones. I look forward to folk you on istagram!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww, it has been such fun to read your blog. I haven't gotten into Instagram... maybe someday. I wish you all the best with your new life changes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sad to read this, but excited for you and all of your new adventures. Congrats on doing what is best for you right now. I have always thought you were super mom with your crew of five. I know everything isn't always sunshine and roses, but your real life glimpse of life was refreshing. I've loved your blog for years and loved getting to know you. Can't wait to see what you're up to on instagram. You know I love your Wal-Mart/Aldi great deals :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've had so much fun reading your blog and I'm going to miss it. I just sent you a request on instagram. Best wishes on your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I requested to follow you but I did't have the opportunity to DM you. I miss your blog posts already.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  30. You need to do what feels right for you, but yiu will be missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Will miss this little glimpse of your world but you KNOW I love me some IG. It's so quick and easy, too. You do you, girlfriend. Congrats on the job :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I requested you on IG, I am tstegall18. Good luck going back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi! Sent a request on IG - kjglmommy :) I will definitely miss your blog but would love to follow your life :).

    ReplyDelete
  34. I will miss you, but follow on Instagram.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Best Wishes on your new job and settling in your new home. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi,
    I sent you a request on Instagram; I'm secj3g. I have enjoyed your blog so much but sure do understand the need to step back.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yes, I completely understand your thinking and reasoning as well. Best of luck in your new endeavors! I've taken some big breaks in the past, and while necessary, I do have to admit that I truly enjoy going back through my blog to read about my babies when they were small...our oldest turns eighteen on Sunday. What in the world! I know that I would never remember even half of our happenings (I use my blog as a family journal) if I hadn't written about them, so I'm grateful to have captured those moments.

    I will definitely look for you on Instagram. Praying this next chapter for you is a very blessed one. Lots of love to you, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really enjoyed your blog but completely understand it - I would never be able to dedicate the time in a day to do it myself. My instagram is krisalt and I sent a request to follow you. Best of luck in your new job and in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sad to see you go, I have enjoyed reading your blog and all of your wonderful tips.
    Blessing to you and your family in this new chapter of life.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sent a request to follow you on Instagram but not good at that so don't know if I will be able to follow, Hope Sooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I sent you an IG request..I'm hanhailmom. I've enjoyed reading your blog a lot. I've especially liked the Aldi tips and the Weekly WalMart Finds. Happy your move is behind you and you're getting all settled.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sent you a request to follow you on instagram, Nicole Humphreys. Loved your blog, respect your decision, looking forward to keeping up with you on IG.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just saw this! I will send you a request on Instagram! I have enjoyed following along with your family through your blog and hope we can remain connected on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm so sad to see you go, but wish Blessings to you and your family! I will request to follow you on Instagram.
    From Texas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts