Friday Favorites!

Hey friends!!!

It's FRIDAY!!

I know for several of you- it's your last weekend before school starts next week! CRAZY! We have one more FULL week of summer break and you can bet I am going to soak up every minute I don't have to have 5 kids and myself out the door by 7:30 am! HA!

We had a VERY low key week...the weather has been pretty yucky here in Eastern NC...and I just feel like we needed a breather after all the traveling we have been doing!

Here's some FAVORITES of mine from this past week!

//ONE//
I am SO behind on my kids' yearly photo books!!! 
I asked Aaron to sneak away for a couple hours this past Sunday afternoon to make some progress on Cora's and James' books (FROM LAST YEAR) and he was all for it!
I set up camp at a table by the window at Starbuck's and had the loveliest time working on getting Cora's book done. I LOOOOVVVEEE my kiddos so much it hurts- but it felt good to have a tiny bit of time away! 
 //TWO//
When I got home from Starbuck's, the girls informed me it felt like I had been gone for HOURS and they were STARVING. HA!
They have never taken an acting class in their lives...but they sure do have some major skills in being UBER dramatic!! HA!

Cora and I put together a fun little snack tray for everyone and she wanted to take a picture of it for my blog! :)
 I know I have mentioned this before- but my kids LOVE snack trays!!
I just piled up some wheat thins (Aldi brand), cut up some colby jack cheese (from Aldi! They have the BEST, most inexpensive cheese selection!) and then included some apple slices and baby carrots for good measure ;) 
It was rainy day when they had this snack tray- so we spread out a blanket in the living room and had a picnic. Just a super simple way to make snack time a little more fun!
 //THREE//
I don't know how- but Cora got it in her head that if she wrote Tinkerbell a letter, she would drop all the girls off pixie dust. She wrote her the cutest letter and both Celine and Cora drew these adorable pictures!
Tinkerbell didn't show up the first night, but on the 2nd night, after she stopped by the Walmart craft aisle (HA!), she dropped off fairy dust for each of the girls!!
It was SO cute to see their reactions in the morning once they saw she ACTUALLY came to the house. I just love having little girls! :)
//FOUR//
I picked up this fun "athleisure" top from Walmart last week and wanted to share it with you!
It is by Avia- and it is a 3/4 length sleeve light weight sweatshirt- with kind of a cowl neck/hoodie thing going on. It is SO cute- and you can find it in the active wear section of the women's clothing. It comes in this gray color, a light pink and black! It is a perfect transition piece heading into the fall! I have a tendency to get chilly when the air conditioning is on...so I have been wearing it at home! It is $14.96- and unfortunately, I have searched HIGH and LOW for this top on Walmart.com and just cannot find it!!
BUT- it you are in your local Walmart this weekend- look for this top- and GET IT. 
It's a good one!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend....any fun plans???
We don't have much going on...which is SO not normal for us! 
I know FOR SURE (because my girls have asked me about 100 times) we are going school supply shopping. The girls are so excited....which makes me excited :)
Even though I am not ready for school to start...school supplies are pretty darn FUN! :)

Happy Friday!!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!


Also joining April, Christina and Natasha for their fun link-up!
Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!

Comments

  1. I love that sweatshirt - I'm headed to Italy in late November & that looks like it would be perfect layered under a light jacket! Off to Wal-Mart I go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3/4 length sleeves! Great find. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you do your photo books? One for each kid per year? Do you do a family one? I'm trying to decide the best way to go for kid ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids love when I make snack trays like that too! I need to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, how cute is it that your littles wrote to Tinkerbell?! That is just so darling. And you're one crafty mama to get them some pixie dust, too! Have the best weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your snack trays! I've got to give Aldi Wheat Thins a try. My whole family loves regular Wheat Thins, but they are pricey. Thanks for the tip. I just pointed that top out to my sister! I haven't seen it in our stores, but I'd love to try it on. It looks so cute on you! Hope you had fun school supply shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts