What's Up Wednesday!

 Happy Wednesday!!!
How is it the LAST Wednesday of September??? 
So excited to be linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday!

 
What we're eating this week...As always- our menu for the week is all about SIMPLE and EASY meals!Here's what our family will be eating this week!

MONDAY: chicken sausage, scrambled eggs and mini hashbrowns
TUESDAY: chicken parm sandwiches and green beans
WEDNESDAY: Cheese tortellini, mini meatballs and broccoli
THURSDAY: sausage, egg noodles with alfredo and broccoli
FRIDAY: Confirmation Party for my daughter and nephew- the main dish is meatball subs!
SATURDAY: Pizza
SUNDAY: Burgers and fries 
 
 What I'm reminiscing about...Our recent trip to Secrets Maroma Resort in Playa Del Carmen!
We had the most AMAZING time. I wrote a whole blog post about it- you can read about it HERE!
AAAHHH. To be back on that beach right now!! :)
What I am loving....this might sound a little silly...but I am loving the routine that I have. I love waking up early, drinking a cup of coffee and reading my devotions. I love exercising after I drop my kids off at school. I really love making a protein shake every night for dessert (it tastes like a frosty from Wendy's) and chilling out once the kitchen is cleaned and closed for the night. I am a creature of habit and I am really loving the rhythms I have created for myself!

What we've been up to...volleyball X 2, wrestling, dance club, piano...all the things! I actually don't feel like our kiddos are involved in that much compared to other kids- but it still feels FULL. I am extremely protective of our time and really try to make sure that while we are pretty busy during the week- our weekends have a lot of margin in them.

What I'm dreading...I am not really dreading anything...but if I HAD to pick something- it would be that it's getting darker earlier and earlier :(

What I'm working on...finishing up my yearly continuing education courses (for speech language pathology), writing blog posts (YAY!) and starting to think about and loosely plan out what I would like to get the kids for Christmas.

What I am watching/reading...Our favorite 'Chicago' shows won't be coming back until JANUARY. So bummed about this!!  We just finished watching Ted Lasso for the 2nd time..and we are strongly considering watching it again. It's just THAT GOOD!!
What I am listening to...I listen to all sorts of random music on Pandora! My favorite podcast for the past few months has been The Carpool with Kelly and Liz. I look forward to when they release a new episode! Listening to them feels like you are just hanging out with a couple of girlfriends!
What I'm wearing...Well...now that it's a little cooler- I have rotated some jeans into my normal tank/t-shirt + jean shorts rotation :) My wardrobe is pretty minimal and I wear the same things over and over again!
 
This is pretty much my fall uniform: my favorite t-shirt from target + jeans.
What I'm doing this weekend...We are celebrating my oldest daughter and nephew receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation! Thursday is the Confirmation Mass and we are having a small party at my brother and SIL's house on Friday. The rest of the weekend we don't have any set plans- which is just the way I like it! :)

What I'm looking forward to next month...Spending a long weekend at our house down by North Topsail Beach! With the kids' school schedules, it is hard to find a good time to go down there! We are looking forward to going on some boat rides and looking for shells at the beach!

What else is new...nothing! We are in a steady work and school flow...and it's quite nice that things are relatively boring right now! :)

Hope you have the most WONDERFUL Wednesday!!

Comments

  1. Can you share your protein shake recipe please and thank you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came here to ask the same….please share recipe

      Delete

    2. Yes! I will share in a post next week!

      Delete
  2. I also love having a routine, and am looking forward to getting back into one next week. Our summer seemed busy with moving and the kids then moving to college. And then a few trips this month! I'm looking forward to just having some time at home with a regular routine. Blessings for the Confirmation Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a routine too and so far this year I think we all have a good one in place! That trip did look just incredible and I can see why you're reminiscing about it already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Routines are the best :) And it was SO incredible!! Take me back! HA!

      Delete
  4. So great to see you back to blogging! I love a good routine, too. Back-to-school and fall are the perfect time for that! What brand of jeans do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I like J.Crew jeans..but I have to be honest and say I have yet to find a pair of jeans that I just feel AMAZING in. I have heard good things about Madewell jeans- I am thinking of trying them out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts