Tuesday Talk!

Hi friends!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

Checking in after a little break last week to celebrate Thanksgiving with my side of the family in Illinois!!

It was a really good visit. LOTS of cousins! There are 9 total on my side of the family! Sticky hands. So much laughter and happy squeals. WAY too much food. 
Quality time spent with all of my siblings and their spouses...it was the first time we had all been together in 10 years! CRAZY!

It was a wonderful time and definitely left us feeling SO thankful!!
We made the 16 hour trip home on Saturday, arrived home around 10 pm and as soon as we got the kids cleaned up and in bed- Aaron and I collapsed into our bed! HA!

We went to church Sunday morning and then spent the rest of the day getting organized to jump right back into "regular" life. 
And now here we are....the "in-between" week...just a few days left of November...and then all of the holiday goodness officially RAMPS up.

I don't know about you...but I am feeling a mixture of excitement for all of the special holiday activities coming up in December...but also experiencing a need to slow.it.all.down.
You know?? Am I alone in this?

I LOVE the smells of Christmas. The twinkling lights. The JOY and excitement the kiddos have over Santa. Advent is one of my most favorite Liturgical seasons in our Church.

BUT. I refuse to feel frantic. Or like I don't have enough festive activities planned for our family. I will NOT ignore our budget just because something is 40% off! And free shipping! And an extra 10% off if I buy it in the next 10 hours!

YES. This is exactly how I feel!!!

So here's to savoring the last few days of November...we are celebrating a birthday in our house later this week and everyone is SO excited!

Feeling grateful for RIGHT NOW. For hot coffee. The twinkle in my husband's eyes when he smiles at me. The way my daughters LOVE to spray on my perfume. My boys' soft chubby cheeks and the way they squeal when I try to kiss them.

What are you grateful for today???

Hope you have the BEST day!
And see you back here to tomorrow to tell you about my new FAVORITE top 
(from Walmart, of course) that's under $15 and is SO SO cute!

And I know I am a day late...but I am linking up with JohannahHeather and Lindsay!

Comments

  1. Oh this is so good! I am feeling 100% like you. We stepped back majorly this year and I am so excited for all the open-ness in our schedule and time together that we will now have, instead of feeling pressured and stressed to go from one event to the next. Also, saying "no" to name draws and the like is saving our budget as well. I want to fully enjoy this season with my family! I love this post Justine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I know I have to remind myself that things don't need to be "perfect" to make beautiful memories! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I am having to remind myself daily to slow down and enjoy the little moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good reminder!! Hoping to put together a sweet Christmas wish list of things we want to do this month that won't make us nuts. Simple things like hot chocolate at home, decorating together, driving to look at the lights, baking cookies for friends, etc. We're definitely hoping to do fun things, but I hate the feeling of pressure to BUY, SHOP and CONSUME in the month of December.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts