Becoming Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable

Hey friends!!

Happy Wednesday!
How are we already at the half way mark for this week?!?

How are you doing? 
I feel like this can be a weird time of year...like...the newness of the "new year" is wearing off a little bit, the weather is funky and for many parts of the country- it's SUPER COLD- and everything just seems to be in a bit of a holding pattern until we can get just a little bit closer to spring and warmer temperatures, and the possibility of being outside more and just overall, feeling a little bit more free...

I was doing a really hard run yesterday and the running coach (I use the Peloton digital app- it is AMAZING) talked about how we need to get comfortable doing uncomfortable things. He had us running for prolonged periods of time at a pretty high incline and it was VERY uncomfortable. But he kept on coaching us, encouraging us, that if we don't push our boundaries and FEEL uncomfortable, we will never experience growth in our fitness goals....

and WOW...it just got me thinking about life in general and how it is SO easy to stay comfortable. to do "just enough." If things get a little hard or a little uncomfortable or we feel even a little bit stretched....we have a tendency to pull back. or maybe even just QUIT.

And that can be such a stagnant, even defeating place to exist, especially if we allow ourselves to believe the lie that we made for comfort...when in fact- we are made for SO.MUCH.MORE.



I definitely think we have to be very careful to make sure we are discerning where and what we need to be made "uncomfortable" in and make sure that we have PURE intentions for wanting to push our current boundaries of what feels easy and comfortable.

Choosing to challenge yourself in a certain area of your life should have NOTHING to do with your self worth or the idea lie that you are a product of WHAT you DO.

It should totally come from a place of knowing how much you are LOVED by God and that he is calling you to something bigger and better...which might feel scary and most likely, pretty uncomfortable :)

I know for me...God is speaking a lot of love and truth into my life in regards to loving my children in a way that is not based on CONTROLLING them but loving them...even at the MOST difficult moments. He is asking me to silence myself in moments where I really want to insert myself and give my two cents. He is asking me to give Him every struggle that I try to battle through on my own.

That is VERY uncomfortable for me. But I am trusting and believing and pushing myself and while it's very scary, it's also exhilarating and just the thought of there being so much freedom found in no longer being STUCK is enough for me to push through the feelings of discomfort and the voices that tell me to just stay where I am.
Maybe you don't feel comfortable sharing in the comments..but maybe you would want to share with me via email...where do you need to be made uncomfortable? What have you been avoiding...because it just might be too hard if you actually let yourself believe you CAN DO IT?
I would love to pray for you and cheer you on if you need some extra encouragement!

Okay friends...definitely some deep thoughts for a Wednesday...but it was on my heart and I just went with it!
Seriously- I thought I was going to share about some t-shirts I got from Amazon and this post literally just wrote itself (which was totally led by the Holy Spirit)!!!

Hope you have the BEST day!
Linking up with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay today!



Comments

  1. How did you know I needed to hear this today? Great words of Wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts