HELLO Monday!!!

FRIENDS!!!

I am SO happy to be writing this post!!!
I finally have my computer back after 9 1/2 weeks of it being taken over by my daughters for remote learning!!
Several of you were SO kind to reach out and check on me since I have not been blogging for the past 2 1/2 months (basically since the pandemic started) and that made me feel SO loved :) I didn't take a "break" from blogging; it literally wasn't possible for me with 4 kiddos doing remote learning. Our school was absolutely AMAZING and did not miss a BEAT when it came to carrying out the kids' curriculum. And I am so thankful for that, but it also meant I had very little margin for much else...which is why I haven't posted!

ANYWAY...school is OUT for the summer and while I have to admit...it feels a bit anticlimactic...since things still feel very different...we are SO happy to have an open schedule and be on summer break!!!

I feel like SO much has happened over the past 9 weeks...and yet...I don't feel like I have a whole lot to share...because we've all been experiencing the same-ish things...and no matter what your story is- I think we can all collectively say that it's been interesting to say the least. HA! I personally have felt EVERY feeling possible and I think it will be quite awhile before we all truly "exhale" and feel comfortable with a "new normal."

With that being said...I hope it's okay with ya'll...I just kind of want to jump right back into things.
Just start chatting and picking up right where we left off....you know?!

Sooo..it's Monday and I always feel extra motivated on Monday. 
Especially with this being our first official week of summer break. I've got our summer schedule typed up and ready to go (my girls BEG me to do this! HA!) and we have a new set of responsibilities for everyone. 
My game plan for my girls is to give them "bigger" responsibilities- like doing their own laundry and making breakfast for their siblings. This feels slightly uncomfortable for me being the control freak I am...but I figured...the only way they can learn to do something is to DO IT. And my girls are old enough to learn how to do some "bigger" chores.

I am going to keep a pretty "normal" schedule for us and try to do something
"fun" every day...which is how I have always approached summer. "Fun" could mean a slushy from sonic, a picnic lunch in our backyard, surprising daddy at work with a donut...you get the idea. Nothing that is a big deal...but the way I look at it...especially with the ways things are right now..any time we get out of the house..it's a FUN adventure :)

Before I ramble anymore on how I am plan to "do" summer with my five crazy kiddos...I'd love to know...would it interest you if I shared our schedule and what I am having the kids take responsibility for this summer?? If so- I will for sure write a post about it- but I don't want to bore ya'll with the details if you could care less. HA!

Okay..and finally- since it's Monday..I thought I share a quick rundown of what's on the menu for dinner at our house this week!
MONDAY:
"At Home Chick-Fil-A Night"- chicken patty sandwiches, waffle fries and fruit salad
(I will have some Caulipower chicken tenders over a salad!)

TUESDAY:
Taco pillows (taco meat and shredded cheese in crescent rolls) with corn and applesauce; taco salads for my hubby and me

WEDNESDAY:
Cheesy ranch chicken rollups, steamed green beans and applesauce

THURSDAY:
Burgers, fries and carrot sticks

FRIDAY:
PIZZA (my one night off cooking AKA my FAVORITE night of the week)

SATURDAY:
Grilled sausage, mac 'n' cheese and steamed green beans

SUNDAY:
Grilled Turkey tenderloin, roasted broccoli and mashed potatoes

I hope you have the BEST day!!!

Linking up with Tanya, Lindsay, Heather and Johannah!





Comments

  1. I am so glad to be done with distance learning and I know your family is too!! Let summer begin!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how busy you were keeping up with four kids doing online learning! Summer definitely seems a little anticlimatic since we've all been home for months now. Glad you're back to blog world! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to hear what your schedule is, what chores your children are responsible for! Good to hear from you again 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'd love to share!! Thank you for your input!!!

      Delete
  4. My boys have take over most household chores at this point; it was a gradual thing and I had a hard time giving up control too but now I love it! And I like knowing that they have these skills under their belt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts