Monday Musings!

Hi friends! Happy Monday!!

How was your weekend??
Was it busy? Full of activities? Or did you get a chance to slow down and have some time to just chill out??

Our weekend was a good one! Aaron was working/on call this weekend- so it was just me and the kiddos for most of Saturday. We went and grabbed some donuts and headed to a really nice park that has a big playscape and a beautiful nature trail. We did one lap around the trail and then the kiddos ate their donuts and played. We had a ton of fun! Then it was time for us to head to Aldi AKA one of my favorite places EVER ;)
We are going on vacation soon and I needed to get us stock up on staples and snacks for our beach house!

This is the current view of my dining room...I am just piling everything up so I can keep track of what I have bought!

We plan to eat at our beach house while we're on vacation about 90% of the time. It is just a really easy way to save A LOT of money (I know I am stating the obvious here! HA!). 
We have budgeted for a couple meals out and of course, for treats and trips to the ice cream shop- but our plan is to keep the eating out to a minimum! Eating out with our kids, while it continues to get easier, is still not the most fun activity. Parents of toddlers- you hear me, right?!? HA! There are very few things that frustrate me more than going out to eat...not being able to enjoy my meal because of my 'spirited kiddos'...and then..having to pay $70 for our bill. UGH. What a waste of money!
So- for this season of life...eating "at home" on vacation is the way to go for us!
Speaking of eating out...Aaron and I had our monthly date night on Saturday and guess where we went??? CHIPOTLE. HA!
We had all intentions of going out to one of our favorite restaurants and then by the time he got home from the hospital...he was exhausted. I was super spent too...just even the thought of putting on makeup sounded tiring. HA! We both decided we just wanted to do something EASY. 
Our little date at Chipotle ended up working out great because we had several errands we needed to get done and by having a quicker meal- we were able to get to all the places we needed to go. And our burrito bowls were DELICIOUS! And we got to eat outside- which is always our favorite!
Simple, easy date night for the WIN!
Last week, I posted a little Insta-story about changing sheets....I was curious how often everyone changes their sheets!! I KNOW. I am inquiring about earth-shattering topics. HA!

I am in the every other week camp. Ideally I would change them every week...but it usually takes me 2 days to get all 6 of our beds changed. I don't typically have the time to get them  done all at once..so I have to spread it out over two afternoons while Marshall is napping and James is having quiet time. 

Most people replied they change their sheets every other week too! What about you??
Do you change them every other week?? Or are you an every week "changer?" When I first met Aaron he didn't feel like he needed to change his sheets regularly- because he said since he takes a shower every night before going to bed...his sheets never got dirty- because he was always sleeping on them clean. HA! Such a bachelor!! He also just kept his clean clothes in the dryer instead of putting them away. When he wanted to wear something- he would just fluff them in the dryer and then they were ready to go. I took over doing his laundry shortly after finding out those fun facts. HA!

I changed our master bedroom sheets last Thursday but little Marshall crawled into our bed yesterday and had a very wet diaper which happened to get on our sheets. 
Aaron- being a typical dude said, "It's fine. It will dry." HA! SO GROSS.
I promptly stripped our bed and threw our sheets in the wash. I also decided to wash our comforter since it had been a couple months since I had washed it last. 
Sidenote- I am SO SO thankful for a washer that is big enough to wash comforters!! We purposely bought a HUGE washer when we moved into our house and I am very grateful I can shove so much into it! HA!

After I got our bed made...all I could think about was climbing into and taking a nice long nap. THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! HA! But really- is there is anything better than fresh clean sheets?? And the slight smell of bleach? I love having white bedding...it's nice to be able to get it extra clean with a good dose of bleach!
That's all the randomness I have for you today!
I have dentist appointment this morning..so the kiddos are getting dropped off at daycare. This mama is NOT trying to pretend like her kids will sit nicely while my teeth are being cleaned. HA! Depending on the weather we will either hit the pool or go to the library!

What are you up to today?? 
I hope you have the BEST day!

Linking up with JohannahHeather and Lindsay today!


Comments

  1. I love chipotle! Not a bad date night schoice:). And we typically change our sheets every 1-2 weeks. I'm with you... nothing like freshly cleaned sheets & a made bed! Happy Monday!
    Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super yummy!! Fresh sheets for the WIN! It's the little things! Have a wonderful day Cassidy!!

      Delete
  2. Chipotle burrito bowls are the best!!! Which washer do you have? I am in the market for a new one now that we have added two kiddos to the mix. Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK hold on to your flip flops - I have never ate at Chipotle LOL! I'm so darn finicky over Mexican food. My bestie pleads me to try it - I shall maybe even this summer. I change sheets 2x a month. And sister, I couldn't imagine having that many littles!!! Prayers and peace to you but I bet you run a very well oiled machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chipotle sounds like the best date night! We both love it there!!
    And I usually change by sheets every other week as well. I remember growing up, every single Saturday my mother would wash all the sheets and hang them on the line outside. As a kid I hated the feeling of "rough" sheets in the summer and couldn't wait until winter when she would put them in the dyer to dry! ha =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chipotle sounds like an easy and fun date night. Yes to white sheets and the amazing feeling of clean sheets. Aaron sounds just like Michael when I met him. Who know when he changed his sheets, and his clean clothes were stored in a pile on the love seat in the living room! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just started renting houses with full kitchens for eating in while on vacation and while I like the money saving option too I actually found that I just felt better eating in more too. All that take out and eating out after a week or so starts making me feel sick and we realized last trip that that didn't happen at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your return to blogging! I washed everyones sheets this weekend and prayed that no one had an accident :) I wash our sheets more than the kids, partly because our bedroom is next to the laundry room and partly because I have to move 300 stuffed animals, blankets and toys to get to their beds (anyone else?!). Either way, no one in our house goes more than 2 weeks without their sheets washed. I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with clean sheets and blankets and the clean smell. I am laughing about Aaron just keeping clothes in the dryer. That makes me smile...my husband was that bachelor as well. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm usually an every other week bed changer. My kids shower almost every night (even little boys get so stinky!), so I like to think that since they're clean when they go to bed I can go longer with the sheets! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shoot for every week, but usually fail and am on the every other week schedule. When we upgraded to a King size bed we were a little short on $... new baby, new mattress, new bed, new mattress cover (why are those so pricey)... anyway, we just bought one set of sheets. We spent many nights in our smaller guest bed after baby had a leaky diaper/spit up/ mega-puked etc. on our ONE and ONLY king set! We finally said enough is enough and now have so many sets it's hard to find storage space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I change the girls' sheets weekly for the most part and ours every other week. I will AMEN all day long to eating at home with toddlers vs going out. I try not to let it bother me, but eating out stresses this mama out most times! I would love to see you do more Aldi haul posts on Instastories! LOVE shopping there. We don't have a Chipotle anywhere close, but we do have Blue Coast Burrito which is ahhhhmazing and I think is relatively the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love stocking up on groceries before a trip! It makes me so happy to know we will have what we love and I won't have to go to the store for every single thing. We always pack food for breakfast and lunches. I need to get on a better sheet washing schedule. I wash them regularly, but it's super inconsistent. Love your white bedding!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts