Little Things I Do Every day!!

Hey friends!!
 Happy Valentine's Day!!
Do you have anything special planned for this day of LOVE??
My kids woke up to some goodies on the table this morning- I LOVE setting them out a couple  fun things + a Valentine's card (FYI: Dollar Tree has the BEST Valentine's cards). 
I am going to church with my mom today- which will be so lovely! We are going to have a simple and festive Valentine's dinner tonight: heart shaped pasta with butter and parmesan + heart shaped grilled cheese :) It's going to be a great day!

I hope whatever you have planned today- you can make others feel loved- and I hope YOU feel loved too!!

Ok- let's get to today's blog post!
I thought it would be fun to link up with Erica and Shay today for their "Let's Look" series!!

My daily mission is to make the mundane magical. I feel like I live a very "regular" life as a mom and a wife- and while it probably doesn't seem very exciting from an outside perspective- I really do LOVE every day. I have a lot of little things I do that make me feel excited. 
I look forward to my daily routines!
Here's a look at some of the "little" things I do every day to just make things feel extra special!

I enjoy my morning coffee in our "reading room"- we call it that because that is where we have the kids' bookshelf:) I love my comfy chair that I sit in and the blanket I use every morning. 
When Aaron is home, we have our coffee together in our reading room. 
I LOVE starting my day this way!

I move my body every day. Most days, I run and/or power walk + a strength class. Every Sunday, Aaron and I go on a 3.5 mile walk after our church. It is our Sunday "thing" and I look forward to it all week :) I consider moving my body everyday a BIG "little" thing. Daily movement is absolutely essential for me. It centers me, energizes me and genuinely makes me feel GOOD.
I always wait to have my second cup of coffee after my workout. It's a little "reward!"
After my workout, I go downstairs, make a cup of coffee and bring it up to my bathroom for when I get out of the shower. This is such a little thing- but it makes me so happy!
I have the most MINIMAL skincare routine. I don't even know if you could call a routine. HA!
But I do it every day and it brings me so much joy! I LOVE the Acure brightening facial scrub (you can find it HERE). I use that when I am in the shower. When I get out of the shower, I use the Acure brightening glowing serum (you can find it HERE). I use Beautycounter's Mighty Plump Ceramide Water Cream for my daily moisturizer- it's SO good!! (you can find it HERE)
Doing this simple routine is delightful and I love the way all these products make my face feel!
I do A LOT of driving throughout the day. With lots of time spent in the car, I am always listening to a podcast or music. I LOVE listening to music. I have a "favorites" playlist on Pandora and I am constantly adding new songs to it. I listen to music really loud and it makes me really happy!
I pack my kids' lunches every day- I like to pack them for the next day right when we get home from school. I write them each a note every single day. It's a commitment I made to myself a couple years ago and I love it. I don't know if they always read them- but it makes me feel good to know that every time they open up their lunch box- they see a little note from me :)

I eat dessert every night. This is a very important "little thing I do" everyday! HA!
My favorite dessert is a chocolate protein shake- with a few fun toppings. The only protein powder I use (Active Stacks) is currently on backorder right now- so I have had to find an alternative treat. On a whim, I ordered some Skinny Dipped Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and they are SO GOOD. I have been having one after dinner every night and they are the perfect little dessert!!!
If your curious about more of my daily routine, you can check out my blog post from Monday- I shared what a "Day in the Life" looks like for me! You can check it out HERE!

LOVE this quote. This is my focus EVERY DAY!
I hope you have the BEST day!!! 
Thank you for hosting the link-up Shay and Erica!

Comments

  1. What are some of your favorite podcasts? Do you ever share your playlists?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts