Friday Favorites!

Hi friends!!

Happy Friday!!! How was your week??

I don't know about you- but I seriously feel like the month of July is flying by at WARP speed. The kids go back to school the second week of August and I just can't wrap my head around that!!!

I am going to avoid reality at all costs and just NOT pay attention to the school supplies set up in the stores. My daughters keep begging me to go school shopping and I just keep saying, "NOT YET!" HA!

Anyway...that's where I am with school starting so soon. HA!

So....
 now for some FAVORITES from this past week!

//ONE//
On Monday, I posted about all the fun adventures we've had the past couple of weeks. You can check that post out HERE! We went camping last weekend for James' 4th birthday and had an absolute BLAST. I feel like Aaron and I have never held back, per say, on traveling or going on adventures with the kids, even when they were little....BUT- we have definitely been saying "YES" to a lot more trips and activities as the kids have gotten an older. 
It is a REALLY fun season of life to be in!! 
Don't get me wrong- things are still CRAZY 98% of the time...but it's manageable. HA!
I LOVE exploring with these 5 kiddos- I feel like I am living out the dreams I had before I was married and had kids when we go to new places and experience new things together as a family!!
//TWO//
I know there has been a lot of hype about Amazon Prime Day and all the great items on sale- but I honestly didn't pay attention to most of it! HA! We really just don't NEED anything!
One recent Amazon purchase I did make this past week were these running shorts. I don't own anything by the brand Lululemon...but apparently these are VERY similar to a pair of running shorts they have! I actually won't wear them running (I like to wear workout capris when I run)- I got them more as an everyday pair of shorts to wear when I don't feel like wearing jean shorts or my J.Crew chino shorts. They are SO comfortable! They are under $25- which is still a little pricier than I would normally pay for a "workout" pair of shorts- but they are really good quality and I know I will get a ton of wear out of them!!  

//THREE//
Sunday, after we went to the pool- we hit up Sonic Happy hour and got slushies and diet limeades. Is there anything better than getting 7 drinks for less than $6??? HA!
I LOVE these sweet sisters SO much. There is a fair amount of drama always happening...but aside from that- they are my 3 little best friends and I am kind of obsessed with how sweet and fun they are!!!
 //FOUR//
I have been using a new shampoo and conditioner and I am LOVING it. It is by the OGX brand and I ordered mine off of Walmart.com (because anything that can get delivered to my doorstep versus me having to buy it in the store will always be my FAVORITE).
My hair has been feeling ROUGH between the chlorine from the pool and from the fact that I color my hair. I saw the word "miracle" and I am sucker for pretty packaging- so the rainbow colors in "coconut oil" sold me. HA! 
The good new is- I LOVE this shampoo and conditioner! It smells lovely- but is not overpowering. It makes my hair feel SO good. I really feel like the conditioner has "repaired" my hair- but it doesn't feel heavy at all. It is definitely worth giving a try if you are on the lookout for a new shampoo and conditioner!! I got mine HERE!


//FIVE//
I posted some before and after pictures of the closet makeover Aaron did this past weekend!! It is kind of amazing the space we gained and just how ORGANIZED and CLEAN our closet feels now!!! You can check the post out HERE! The girls are obsessed with it and have told me our closet is their new FAVORITE room in the house! HA!
The kids and I are headed out on a BIG road trip this weekend!
We are leaving early Sunday morning, along with my niece and nephew, to drive to Illinois! 
I rented a 15 passenger van to fit all of us (I KNOW. Kind of insane) and my brother is going to drive with me.
(Aaron can't take off work- so my brother is really being amazing. He is driving with us to Illinois, will fly back to Raleigh for the week to work and then fly back up to Illinois so he can drive us home. He's a ROCKSTAR!) 
We will be staying at my mom and dad's house and my sister and her 2 kiddos will also be there. So all NINE cousins will be together!!! It's a going to be a super fun time and everyone is SO excited!
Just FYI:
I am going to next week off of blogging so I can spend all of my time focused on my family.  We rarely are able to get all of the cousins together and I haven't seen my parents since November. I don't plan on opening up my computer or being by my phone much!!
So- I will see you back here the week after next!

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!
Also joining April, Christina and Natasha for their fun link-up!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!

Comments

  1. I hope y'all have a great trip! That will be so fun having everyone together and I know your parents are just so excited to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Owen! It will great to be all together for a few days!!

      Delete
  2. I just ordered some of that shampoo! My hair needs some help, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I hope it helps...I really feel like it has does wonders for my hair!

      Delete
  3. I need to try that shampoo and conditioner! I have the body wash and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the body wash too! I just haven't used it because I am finishing up the bottle I currently am using. I can't wait to try it!!

      Delete
  4. I love the closet re-do. I also saw that shampoo and conditioner and picked it up because of the packaging along, but absolutely love it. Have the best time on your trip! That will be so much fun with all the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are loving it too!!
      That is SO funny you picked up the shampoo/conditioner too- because of the rainbow packaging. HA!
      Thank you- we are looking forward to a great time together!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your family time and wishing you safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that closet makeover, oh my goodness. And I really need to look into those running shorts. I wear Lululemon and really love that style of shorts - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shorts are AWESOME! They are worth trying out since you can return them for free!! If you get them- let me know what you think!! :) And thanks for the closet compliment- we LOVE it too!! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh ... so exciting. I am in Illinois too! Where will your travels be taking you in the State? Are you guys going to be mainly in the Chicago area or are you going to be close to STL? Hope you do a recap of your time in IL?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the shampoo/conditioner recommendation! I can't wait to find it. It sounds amazing and my hair could use some new miracles this time of year. Your road trip sounds EPIC!! Text if you end up anywhere near me and I will drive to meet you and your 15 passenger van!! So glad your brother is coming with you and I'm sure your parents, sister and kids will be thrilled to have you there. Enjoy the week "off" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts