Hello Monday!

Hey friends!! Happy Monday!!

How was your weekend?? Our's was good!! And kind of nutty.

Aaron tackled a huge project of re-doing our master closet- which meant- our house was a total disaster for 2 days- because we had to take everything out of our closet AND he was totally tied up doing all things related to Project Makeover The Closet- which meant it was the kiddos and me (kind of) on our own. 

You all know how well that works out- right??
Both parents are home- but one of them is totally unavailable- but the kids know that parent is around- so all they want to do is find and "help" that parent?? HA!!
Please tell me you've had a similar experience!!

Anyway- I will be the first one to say I had a couple moments where I acted like a complete brat because I truly can't handle when things are in disarray. I would NOT be able to live in a home and remodel it at the same time. HA! Definitely threw a couple mini-temper tantrums related to crazy kids + unavailable husband (who was WORKING SO HARD) + a house that looked like a natural disaster occurred inside of it. 

Thankfully, I had a good, long chat with Jesus- and my kids and husband are very forgiving. We ended up having a fun weekend- and I am SO grateful for that!

Saturday- Charlotte, Cora and I whipped up a batch of cookies for a fun afternoon snack. We LOVE this simple 5 ingredient (gluten free!!) peanut butter cookie recipe:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (use dairy free- and then your cookies are dairy free AND gluten free!)
Mix the first 4 ingredients together- then add in your chocolate chips! Bake them at 350 degrees for about 9-10 minutes. Let them "rest" on the hot cookie sheet for another 1-2 minutes and then cool on a baking rack. Our cookies were still pretty gooey after I let them cool for a bit- which made them DELICIOUS- but if you want your cookie to stay in one piece- just pop them in the fridge for about 30 minutes, so they can firm up a bit!

They are SO good!!

Saturday evening- Aaron and I snuck out for our monthly date night! And when I say "snuck out" that's literally what we did. Marshall FREAKS out when we leave (but is always fine after a couple of minutes)- so while his back was turned to us, watching a show- we totally just left without really saying goodbye. HA! Anything to avoid a meltdown!

We went to our favorite restaurant here in Greenville (there is also a location in Cary- a suburb of Raleigh), Totopos! We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful evening. Then we headed to the mall to smell some new cologne options for Aaron. We were specifically wanting to smell YVes St. Laurent- L'Homme and Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Both of these colognes have RIDICULOUS awesome ratings, so we were pretty pumped up that they were going to smell amazing. UM. NO. I don't know if it's Aaron's body chemistry or if we just are in the very small minority- but we didn't like either one of them! 

You have to tell me- what cologne does your husband wear?? Aaron wears Acqua Di Gio Profumo (it comes in a black bottle) and it smells soooo good on him. We are always on the lookout for other awesome smelling colognes- so give me your suggestions!!

Date night selfie in the dark parking lot of the mall for the win! HA!
Sunday we went to church and then the rest of the day was spent with Aaron working on our closet and the kiddos and I trying to stay out of his way. I took the four big kids to the pool while Marshall took a nap. When we got home- I decided that I was not going to let Aaron work like a dog inside the house while the kids and I just chilled- so we started breaking down all the boxes from our closet system. We ordered it all from Home Depot and there were SO.MANY.BOXES. We got them all broken down, filled at least 10 trash bags with all the packing stuff that came inside the boxes and took 2 trips to our local trash/recycling center! The kids were AWESOME and it really felt SO good to just work HARD and accomplish a big job together!!

All loaded up in the van!! Five kids, 10 bags of trash and probably over hundred broken down boxes in the way back of the van! HA!
 Once we got back from dropping off all the trash and cardboard, we had dinner and then surprised the kids after they had taken their showers, with a trip to Baskin Robbins to celebrate National Ice Cream Day! Aaron and I both downloaded the Baskin Robbins App and we were able to get buy one cone, get one free coupons- so we got two ice cream cones free! YAY!
I definitely wouldn't say this was one of our more relaxing weekends...but we got a lot done and I am just SO thankful for my husband. He worked himself into the ground and got our whole entire closet system completely installed. We moved all of our things back into the closet last night and both collapsed into bed around 1:00 am. I can't wait to show you the before and after- it's a pretty amazing difference!!

Hope you have the BEST day and a wonderful week!!

Linking up with HeatherJohannah and Lindsey today!!

Comments

  1. Shew busy, tiring weekend but very productive!! That's how ours was too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, so glad I found your blog from the link-up! You sound like someone I could relate to! We are working on projects around our house to, one happened this weekend as well. Although it was outside with the yard. Same thing though, the kids were right there wanting to help Dad. We have projects we want to do inside to, down the road, but I can't live in disarray either, so not sure how that will go for me. And, I love that you and your hubby are doing monthly date nights. Joe and I set a goal to do those this year and it's been great. Loved reading your post; happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to bath and body and smell their bourbon cologne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the exact same way... can't handle living in chaos :) Glad you made the most of it and it all worked out just fine. Cannot wait to see how your closet turned out. So happy for you. No help in the cologne department. I'm super picky for perfume and kevin doesn't wear cologne. I'm always inspired to see all the fun things you do with your five. Anytime I'm being whiny about taking my kids out I remind myself that if you can do fun stuff with 5, surely I can handle getting out with 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't live in chaos either! With my whole dishwasher issue! i have felt out of sorts for 2.5months!! I'm so over it but hopefully, the issue will be resolved in the next 2 weeks!
    I'm pretty sure Aaron is a SAINT!! ;)
    The kids eating thier ice cream in PJs is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the closet! Home projects are never fun "during" but the "after" is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts