Hello Monday!

Hey friends!! Happy Monday!!

I'm back!! YAY!!

We got back from our trip to Illinois super late this past Friday. I was so tired I barely remember anything other than taking a shower and collapsing into bed. The next morning Aaron and I were talking about how out of it I was and he was like, "you were OUT." HA!
That's what a combined 32 hours in the car, multiple 4:30 am wake-ups and spending time with NINE awesome kiddos will do to you!!!

Our week at my parents' house was filled with LOTS of noise, SO much dirt and sand (my mom is a "YES" grandma- and she has a sand box- AND she let them use the hose to make "pies.) and TONS of fun.
So grateful for the time these 9 cousins got to spend with each other!! It is rare they are all together and it was definitely precious to see them all enjoying each other so much!!
Here's the big daddy van we rented to drive up to Illinois. It was a beast! HA! My brother graciously drove the WHOLE way to Illinois. I got to drive the van around all week, taking the kids to the park and to do other activities. We jokingly started calling it my "daycare" van. HA!
We had a little snafu with the van and had to switch out to another 15 passenger van for the ride home. I would give Enterprise a B+ for how they worked with us to get our situation figured out. We ended up with a new van, I think it was a Ford Sprinter, and the kids REALLY loved that van because there were tons of windows and it felt more like a mini-bus.
My brother liked it because it drove smoother than the daycare van and we got home a little faster than we anticipated. Needless to say, I was so thankful we had a safe, uneventful road trip and I was SUPER grateful to see my FAVORITE Toyota Sienna when Aaron picked us up in Raleigh on Friday night. I was down with the daycare van for a week- but I missed my Sienna!!! HA!
And now it's Monday and all the girls can talk about is going school supply shopping!!! AHHH! I am just NOT ready to admit school starts in 3 weeks!! 
I love summer SO much and jumping into the fast paced schedule we have during the school year is just not something I am ready for yet! Anybody else feel me on that??

My goals for this week is to be "normal." We aren't traveling anywhere, we don't have much going on and I just want to keep a chill pace. 
I haven't been to the gym in over a week- so we will be going there every morning and I know the kids want to make a trip to the library. Other than that, our schedule is pretty wide open and that feels REALLY good! July has been JAM PACKED and I really like the idea of transitioning into August at a slower pace :)

What are you up to this week??

What's on the menu for dinner at your house?

Here's a super quick run-down of what we're having:

Monday: Grilled Chicken, tossed salad and green beans (kids will also have cheesy bread)
Tuesday: TACOS! (using lean ground beef)
Wednesday: Hot dogs on the grill and steamed green beans
Thursday: Taco salads (using shredded chicken seasoned with taco seasoning) + cheese quesadillas and applesauce
Friday: Pizza!!
Saturday: We're going to a pool party and dinner is being served! A NO cook night for me! YAY!
Sunday: Burgers and grilled veggies

It is GLOOMY and raining in our neck of the woods- and the rest of the week's forecast doesn't look much better. BLEH.
Here's to making it a great week regardless and doing everything I can to keep my kiddos and ME from going to stir crazy!! HA!
Hope you have the BEST day and a wonderful week!

Linking up with HeatherJohannah and Lindsey today!!

Comments

  1. I'm SO glad you guys all had fun in Illinois!! Aren't those vans insane to drive around! We had one a couple of weeks ago for a softball tournament we were in, and I drove it home and I felt like I was driving an insanely large bus! haha =)
    Have a great Monday friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had quite an adventure. Loving the picture of the day care van! We are having a southwest chicken skillet and chicken with green beans, both from the Skinnytaste website. Also having some meatball burgers from mix and match mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip!! Glad you were about to switch out the van that was giving you trouble. I'm sure your family loved getting to see you for a long visit. Those are hard to pull off! We're eating leftovers, grilling and trying to clean out our fridge/pantry. Nothing super exciting, but it feels good to start the school year with a fresh stock of food. Olive starts school NEXT WEEK! The weather will be questionable here, too, so we are planning to do as many fun things as possible before school begins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip! That van cracks me up!! We start back to school on WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts