Hello Monday!

Hey friends!!! 
Happy Monday!!!

I am linking up with Johannah, Heather and Lindsey today...How adorable is their new "Hello Monday" graphic for the fall??? 
I LOVE IT!
Sooo..how was your weekend??

Our's was pretty good. I feel like we did A LOT. But don't necessarily have a lot to show for it. HA!

Saturday, we spent the morning cleaning and Aaron worked on our sunroom addition. 
This is the second month in a row where the girls and I take a whole morning and knock out A TON of cleaning. They are given 2 jobs- one of their jobs is not paid, because they are a part of our family- and everyone has responsibilities and another job that is paid. For instance, Charlotte's unpaid job is to wipe down all the baseboards upstairs and downstairs. Her paid job is to wipe down every set of blinds in our house. She gets paid $1 per every set of blinds she does. Cora's unpaid job is wiping down the stairs and her paid job is wiping down all of the wood details/chair rail/baseboards in the dining room. There is DEFINITELY some moaning and groaning about not wanting to clean...but for the most part they are happy helpers and they LOVE earning a little money. I always make them do their unpaid job first- as that is their "responsibility." The paid job comes second because that is extra and my girls are smart and would totally do the paid job first and then duck out for the unpaid job. HA!

Here's a little list from our cleaning day in September...it's a lot to get done but having my little helpers makes it so much easier for me!!
So we worked hard all Saturday morning and then headed to Sam's Club for a fun lunch in the snack bar and then did a little shopping!
The girls got hot dogs and fruit punch...and were just so.darn.excited. 
Living the good life I tell you!
HA!
 The rest of our Saturday was spent grocery shopping, getting all the laundry done and then I was OUT by 9 pm on the couch. 

Sunday we had church in the morning and then we were home for the rest of the afternoon. 
Aaron graciously took the 4 big kids out for about 2 hours in the afternoon so I could finish up an evaluation I needed to do for work. I got everything done right as the kids were walking in the door and I was SO happy I had just enough time to finish!! They greeted me with a diet cherry limeade...which was SO yummy. 

The girls and I made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up a few things and I got a sugar cookie mix to make some cookies for our Sunday dessert. I LOVE Aldi's sugar cookie mix, but they don't carry it year round. This Great Value mix is $1.64 and I am happy to report it makes SUPER yummy cookies...approved by every member of my family.
And you know what I love about this mix??? It is SO easy and not messy at all- so it's the perfect baking project to have the kids help with. I am not one of those chill moms that is totally cool with flour and sugar flying everywhere...so this mix is perfect for me :)
All you need is a softened stick of butter, one egg and this mix. DONE AND DONE!
 Celine helped me make this batch of cookies...she rolled the dough balls and dipped them in the sprinkles. 11 minutes in the oven and they came out perfect! 
We ended our Sunday with hamburgers on the grill and sugar cookies in the front yard :)

And now it's Monday... and we're ready for a GREAT week!
Monday is one of my days off and I REALLY look forward to having the first day of the week off to go to the gym with Marshall and run any errands that need to be done!

I got my act together last night and planned out our menu...here's what our family is eating this week! 

Menu Plan

Monday: Teriyaki Chicken (made in the crockpot) over brown rice and broccoli
Tuesday: Shredded Chicken Tacos
Wednesday: Pigs in a Blanket + Green Beans + Applesauce
Thursday: Car Picnic (we are taking a little road trip!)
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Grilled cheese + applesauce + carrots/cucumbers 
Sunday: Hot dogs on the grill + tator tots + green beans

What's on your menu plan?? Trying out any new recipes?? Pretty simple and boring at our house...but simple and boring = easy! HA!

Hope you have the BEST day and a great week!!


Comments

  1. What a productive weekend! Sounds like you are ready for a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great helpers you have!! I love that you can divide and conquer together. One of my few complaints about Aldi is that several of my favorite products are seasonal. Maybe I should just stockpile them when they're in stores!?! haha Hope you had a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a Sam's, but we love going to Costco for lunch. My kids love their hot dogs. It's a cheap lunch. What a fun and productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, keep checking your Aldi! Ours finally has the sugar cookie mix last week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts