This and That!

Hi friends!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

How was your weekend???

For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you already know, that thankfully, our little town of Greenville was spared from Hurricane Florence. We experienced A LOT of rain, wind and in some areas flooding and trees feel down- but overall- nothing major happened. And we are SO GRATEFUL.

It's so hard though, knowing what so many people are dealing with on the coast and even in some towns just 45 minutes away from us. One of our most favorite little towns in North Carolina, a place called New Bern, is totally flooded and so much devastation has happened. We are just continuing to pray for everyone's safety and that hopefully things will slowly but surely return to normal. We are hoping that our church will be putting together a crew to help nearby towns with cleaning up and re-building and we will for sure be helping out with that!!

AMEN to this. 
Soooo...now we are back to school and work and fingers crossed...it will just be a normal, boring week :)

We are hopefully going to be making some good progress on our sunroom...we have been at a standstill for the past month because we need some work done- that can only be done by a certain company. They called Aaron yesterday and said they can come down (they are based out of Raleigh) and do the work we need done TODAY!

Once that work is done- basically we are having to re-route the exhaust for our fireplace- we can have the walls drywalled and mudded!! YAHOO!!

Then Aaron will paint, lay flooring down and then do the trim work. I am crossing my fingers we will be enjoying our morning coffee in our new sunroom in about one more month!!

I put up some fall decor this past weekend and I think I am going to put my fall wreath on my front door this week!! I have a few other things I put out to decorate our front little porch "area" to decorate for fall and even though its still in the high 80's here...I feel like it is just TIME.  Have you decorate for fall yet? Do you decorate for fall?

Last year I didn't. We had just been in our house for a couple of months and honestly it just sounded too tiring to pull out fall decorations after I had just gotten done unpacking and decorating our house after moving in. I felt "ready" to decorate for fall this weekend...so I just went with it! HA!  

We got our family pictures back from our photographer and they turned out SO SO good!!!
I am SO excited.  I did NOT like our family pictures at all last year...so to have had a good experience this year PLUS having lots of photos that I actually love makes me SO happy!!

Here's a screen shot of one of my FAVORITE photos she took!!
Well friends...I think that's all the random I have for now!!!

Just wanted to "chat" and fill you in on some of the randomness going on in our life....I wish we could all meet up for coffee and chat for hours! That would be my FAVORITE!

Hope ya'll have the BEST day!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad y'all were ok. When Harvey hit, it was so weird how affected areas could be just a mile away areas that were totally fine. If you get connected to a clean up crew, please let us know if we can help. I'd love to send you some Walmart gift cards to hand out to affected families. I can't wait to see the rest of your family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're doing okay and that you've got the ball rolling again on your sun room. I bet you guys will just live out there when it's done. Can't wait to see your family pictures!! I need to make some plans to have ours taken this Fall. I'm hoping for a boring, routine week at my house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so beautiful! can't wait to see your porch and the fall pretties.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts