Friday Favorites!!

Hi friends!!!

Happy Friday!!!
How was your week??

It's been a FULL and FUN week at our house!!

I am happy to be here sharing a few FAVORITES of mine from this past week!

 //ONE//
We got our new couch delivered last Friday!!
So- we have been looking for a couch for about a year now...but just couldn't pull the trigger!! It's such a big purchase and we kept on going back and forth about what exactly we wanted.  Well, during our search I just kept thinking of my friend April - who has an insanely comfy sectional in her upstairs TV/playroom. It's called the Norfolk Sectional from Haverty's
So we contacted the Haverty's in Raleigh and had a salesperson send us some photos of the couch in the color we liked. We knew how comfortable it was from sitting on April's sectional and just decided to go for it!!
Here's the funny part- we didn't even sit on this couch (except for when we sat on April's) or see the color we picked out in person. HA! The salesperson we were working with gave us an incredible deal which included free delivery (and we got the extended protection/warranty on the couch because FIVE KIDS). 
Needless to say, while I was pretty confident I was going to love it- I was slightly nervous when the delivery guys showed up with it....I just really didn't want to have to tell them I didn't like it and that they had to bring it back to the store. HA!

GOOD NEWS: WE LOVE IT. Like we're obsessed with it. All I want to do is snuggle up on it and do nothing. HA!
Here's a picture of it!! The lighting isn't great and it's definitely showing up much darker than it really is in person...but you get the idea! :)
 And I just have to give a HUGE shoutout to the delivery guys- they were AMAZING and so kind and patient. As soon as they left my house- I called Haverty's customer service and gave them a glowing review.

//TWO//
Our friendly little elf, Theo, showed back up at our house this past Saturday!
This is one of the kids' FAVORITE traditions and I love using it as an excuse to get everyone new matching Christmas jammies. At our house, we don't do much with the elf, except move him around to a different location everyday (which I have forgotten to do EVERY SINGLE NIGHT so far. HA!). He doesn't keep track of the kids' behavior or anything like that...it's just all about him being an extra little Christmas friend. While I love all the things festive and magical- the main focus in our house is to cultivate a season of joyful expectation for the coming of our Savior. Theo the elf, Santa and all the other stuff is just icing on the cake! :)
 //THREE//
I sent Aaron to Harris Teeter last week to see if they had any Califia Farms Mint Cocoa Almondmilk creamer...and he came home with the last two!!!! YAHOO!! One of my favorite things about the holidays is all the fun, yummy seasonal coffee creamers...and when I took dairy out of my diet- I really missed them!! Luckily there are SO many good dairy free options (it's crazy how much more there is now than just a short 3 years ago!) and I can get yummy seasonal coffee creamer!! If you are dairy free and you love coffee and yummy creamers as much as I do- definitely check your local grocery stores to see if they carry Califia Farms Almondmilk Creamers. They come in lots of different flavors and I have loved every single one I have tried so far!
//FOUR//
This past Monday was my birthday!! I wrote a post about my very normal, but fun and special day- you can check it out HERE! My sweet in-laws got me a gift card to treat myself to a few goodies and I happily purchased this festive, red plaid vest from Belk! I have had my eye on it since before Thanksgiving...but just couldn't justify buying it since it can really only be worn for a couple of months. Well- all I needed was for it to be 50% off, the last one in my size and I decided to go for it! I just love it and plan on wearing the heck out of it over the next couple of weeks!!! You can find it HERE on Belk's website!
//FIVE//
We have a FESTIVE weekend ahead of us!!
We're going to have our weekly pizza picnic tonight and watch Elf!
Tomorrow, we are doing our monthly volunteering shift at our local food bank and then we're crossing our fingers Santa is available for a visit :)
After we see Santa, we'll be headed to bring some goodies to a gentleman that was part of our church's Angel Tree program. And if we're still standing after church on Saturday evening, we're going to hit up our town's Christmas parade!
Sunday, the girls and I are headed to see the Nutcracker and we are SO excited!!!
We started this tradition last year and I am thrilled the girls wanted to make it an annual event for us! 


What do you have planned for the weekend?? Lots of fun "Christmas" things? Or pretty low key with lots of coffee and online shopping from the comfort of your couch?? 

I hope whatever you are up to- you feel the PEACE and STILLNESS that comes from this time of waiting while we prepare for the birth of our Savior. It seems pretty counter cultural to be STILL and QUIET in this season of DO MORE! SEE ALL THE LIGHTS! BUY AND DO ALL THE THINGS!!! But I am here to tell you- there is so much JOY to be found in saying NO so that you can be MORE present. 
(I am talking to myself right now ;)

Hope ya'll have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL Weekend!


Have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!

Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!




Comments

  1. Your couch! I love it! It certainly does look nice and comfy =) I hope you have the best weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to the Nutcracker this weekend too! Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that vest. Enjoy the Nutcracker. That couch is so pretty and it looks so nice and comfy and the perfect place to all pile on and watch some good Christmas movies. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your couch! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new couch! I immediately starting picturing it in our family room and wondering if it should be our next furniture purchase! lol Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your couch! I love your vest, as well! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new couch!! It's such a good size and it really does look so comfy. Yay for new furniture. Glad you loved it when it arrived. Girl, you've got the best vests! I always admire your North Face vests and now this plaid one is just perfect. So glad you treated yourself for your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts