Friday Favorites!

Hey friends!!!

Happy Friday!!

How has your week been??
Our's has been good! Not too much to report! 
I will say...I don't know why...but it has felt like a long-ish week....like the days seem to be moving by quite slowly...but then again- it's Friday and it sure felt like it was Monday just a couple days ago! HA!

So...I've got some fun FAVORITES to share with you on this Friday!!

First- I wanted to share about something I did earlier in the week.
I am constantly in a state of purging and giving away stuff- I CANNOT handle clutter.
Like to the point that sometimes I get in trouble with Aaron because I throw away/giveaway things we actually need. HA!
Anyway- most of the items we no longer need, I donate to our church's St. Vincent DePaul Society- which helps members of our community who are in need. There is a food pantry and a "store" and it's open every Tuesday. I love donating things we no longer need or use to them because I know we are helping out our local community!
With that being said, I also feel a pull to help out in a global sense...there are just SO many worthy causes out there that need help in the way of money or donations.
ANYWAY- this is gettting wordy. HA!
We go through shoes pretty fast in our house...our kids are growing like WEEDS and Aaron and I run so much that we replace our running shoes frequently. I know that in many countries shoes are in HIGH need and wanted to see if we could donate our's somewhere!
After doing some research, I came across the non-profit organization, Soles4Souls and really liked their mission and what they are doing!! They make donating SO easy...I just grabbed a huge box from Aaron's practice, printed off a prepaid label- you can find that HERE on their website and dropped it off at UPS! 
Not only did it feel really good to know all our shoes are going to people who TRULY need them- but it generated some great conversations with my kiddos. I am constantly working on cultivating awareness of the needs of others with my kids and this was a great way for us to talk about how fortunate we are...how having shoes (A LOT of them for that matter) is so "normal" and how for so many- this is not the case.
Ok. I am done now :) Just wanted to share this great organization...if you are in the middle of a New Year purge- check them out if you have shoes to donate!

Moving on to some fun recent Walmart finds!!
I have been on the lookout for a more put together jammie set. I am such a hot mess when it comes to pajamas. HA! I wear my flannel Christmas pajama pants from Old Navy and hoodie pretty much every night until it warms up enough for me to wear a pair of shorts and t-shirt to bed. SO CLASSY. HA!

Currently- Walmart has some ADORABLE, comfy pajama tops and bottoms. 
While I was shopping at my local Walmart the other day, I picked up this top (find it HERE online) and these cute striped pajama "jogger" pants! The pants are unfortunately not online...but they are in the stores!! 
I got a small in the top and it is a nice relaxed, comfy fit. I tried both the small and medium pants on...the small totally fit fine...but I ended up keeping the mediums because I like my pajama bottoms to be a bit more relaxed! The top is $12.96 and the bottoms are $9.96! The top comes in a couple of colors and the pants come in several different patterns!

I also picked up this ADORABLE St. Patrick's Day shirt for two of my daughters!! I know March is still a bit far off- but I have found the super cute holiday clothes at Walmart goes FAST- so if I see something that is super cute- I snatch it up!
I got my youngest daughter these shiny turquoise leggings to go with her t-shirt. She is ALL about everything shiny and I just thought the turquoise color was such a fun compliment to the t-shirt!! These leggings are by the 365Kids from Garanimals line at Walmart...they have the CUTEST clothes and they are SO affordable!

I didn't really care for any of the Valentine's shirts Walmart has this year...but ended up finding some super cute options at Target!!
I picked up the pink "LOVE" t-shirts for my 2 youngest daughters and I got the sign language "love" t-shirts for my boys!
I don't know about any of you mamas with young boys- but I have the HARDEST time finding cute, holiday themed t-shirts for boys that don't have a ton of dumb sayings on them or a dinosaur or skateboard. HA! I was pretty happy to find these cute t-shirts for them at Target after I spent waaayyy too long searching on the internet for something cute!

On Wednesday, I celebrated my 5 Year Blogging Anniversary!!
I am doing a fun little giveaway as BIG "thank you" to all of you amazing women who take the time out of your day to read my blog! You can read the post HERE! And if you haven't entered the giveaway yet- make sure you do! 
Hands down- one of the most FAVORITE parts of my week as been reading all the amazing comments ya'll have left on my anniversary post. You are all SO kind and I am having such a great time finding out what kind of posts ya'll enjoy!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your encouragement and support!!

This was the verse of the day in one of my morning devotions earlier in the week and WOW. It really spoke to me. God isn't "suggesting" we trust him. He's not asking us either. He commands that we are STRONG and COURAGEOUS- because HE is with us wherever we go. 
How can you not feel completely encouraged and empowered knowing that?!
For us personally, we are currently walking through some uncertainties- and I am re-reading this verse over and over again when I start to feel anxious, worried or do what I like to call, "Mental gymnastics (basically obsessively thinking about stuff). 

"The Lord you God is with you wherever you go." 
AMEN.

Okay friends...that's all I have for today!!
We have a super fun weekend ahead of us and I can't wait to share all about it next week!!

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL week!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!
Linking up with TifBeckyDella,and Katie too!

Comments

  1. Praying that you will feel the Lord near you as you face any uncertainties. That particular verse was set to music in a song for our vbs many years ago. I still sing it whenever I hear the verse, and it's a great reminder for facing tough things. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome organization. I will have to look into that because my kids take really good care of their shoes and usually don't like them before they grow out of them now. Thank Goodness. However, Ella has been going to my closet for shoes lately. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pjs could use a Spring refresh! I'll have to check out my Walmart. I totally agree that it's hard to find holiday boy shirts that don't say things like Ladies Man or are just dumb! I think I found Fletcher's at Old Navy this year. It's a race track that says You make my heart race! Thinking of you as you face uncertainties ahead. That's always a challenge for me. And I think your mental gymnastics term is so accurate for tough situations. I tend to overthink through all the options, scenarios and try to plan it all out ahead of time. Doesn't always serve me well - ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts