Tuesday Talk!

Hey friends!!

Happy Tuesday!!

How are you doing so far this week??
Are you loving Daylight Savings Time as much as we are?!?

We love to go for walks after dinner...and it is always such a TREAT when it's that time of the year when it's light enough for us to get outside after we eat!!
Also- I FIRMLY believe our bedtime routine goes SO MUCH SMOOTHER when my kiddos get a little extra time outside to run around. During the winter months..my boys are NUTSO after their shower. They get SO ramped up and I am so ready for them to wind DOWN. 
They don't typically get my memo that it's time to chill once they're in their jammies. HA!

So YES to some extra jumping on the trampoline, riding bikes and running around in the front yard!

I have two fun Walmart finds to share with ya'll today!!

First- is this "square neck top" by Time and Tru. It comes in several different colors and patterns- I picked it up in the chambray material and it is SO cute!! I cannot wait to wear it with white jeans and when it is warmer out- with a fun pair of colored chino shorts!
I got my regular size small and it is the perfect mix of a tad bit flowy, a little longer in the back- but tailored enough that you don't look like you are wearing a maternity shirt. HA!
I have to tell you- I am perplexed by the reviews...they are not great and I don't know why?!? I really think it's a SUPER cute shirt!
You can find it HERE online! It's under $14!
The other fun "find" is this ADORABLE Easter egg pillow!
Would you believe me if I told you I dragged Marshall to 4 different stores last week, looking for a couple fun Easter pillows for my couch?!? Well..I did and poor thing was such a trooper. HA!
After not finding anything I liked...EVERYTHING had a creepy bunny on it!! Why??
I did a quick on Walmart.com and found this sweet pillow! I got two of them to put on my couch and I can't wait for them to get delivered!
You can find the pillow HERE!
 Update on this pillow! When I purchased them last week- one pillow was $13- which I thought was very reasonable. Most pillows I saw at TJ Maxx and Marshalls were between $16.99 and $19.99.
Well- I just went to check to make sure the link included works- and the price has gone up and now the pillow is $26!! What in the world?!
So yeah. Not so affordable anymore! UGH!
Maybe the price will go down again? 

Speaking of Easter decor...do ya'll decorate your house for Easter?

I do a little bit of decorating...but not a ton..which is kind of how I approach most holidays. I like things to be a little festive...but not over done- because I just really can't handle the clutter.

I always like to make our reading nook area fun for each holiday...so this is what I did for Easter!

I've had this Easter banner forever and I just LOVE it!
Just wanted to share about this little egg...I made this in girl scouts when I was in sixth grade!! I had the most amazing troop leader and we always did the coolest projects. We made the egg by soaking string in paper mache liquid and then we wrapped it around a balloon. Once it was dried, my leader cut the opening and put the lace trim around it. 
My mom always set this egg out (and she put the cute bunny in it) every Easter and a few years ago- she gave it to me. It's just one of those simple little things that bring me so much joy to set out every Easter! And my kids think it's so neat too :)

Okay- really quick- as I need to get myself ready for the gym and get my kids out the door for school- here's what's on our menu plan for the week!
I am not going to specify by day what we are having as it's Tuesday- but hopefully- if you're needing some inspiration in regards to meal planning- one of these meals might sound good to you!!
Chicken tenders, applesauce and green beans
Grown-ups: chicken tenders on a big salad

Taco Naan pizzas- I got this meal from Whitney's post last week- check it out HERE!

Open face meatloaf sandwiches, mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli
(this past Sunday, I made meatloaf for dinner and I made an extra one! I am going to take some french bread, cut it into slices, melt some provolone over the top of each slice and then put a slice of meatloaf on top of that! 

Meatballs in red sauce (making these in the crockpot), parmesan egg noodles and steamed green beans

Grilled cheese and potato corn chowder (our go-to meal every Friday during Lent!)

Chicken and veggie kabobs
Hot dogs for kids
(we were supposed to have this meal last Saturday- but ended up going to a friends' house for dinner...so we're having it this week!)

Cheeseburgers, homemade oven fries and grilled veggies (kids will have carrot sticks with ranch)

Okay! That's all I have for today!!
Hope you have the BEST day!!!



Linking up (one day late!) with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay!




Comments

  1. I agree - the extra time outside makes everyone a little more ready for bed. I made those eggs a few years ago with my boys, they are so cool! I love how she cut the hole in it and added the lace. I never thought to do that. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Easter pillow is so cute!! Glad you snagged it for a good deal. My kids also sleep so much better when they've had time to play outside after school. Makes bedtime go so much faster. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grans love the time change too so that they can be outside a while before bath and bedtime. Love that Easter pillow and what a great price. Love the top too, will have to look for it tomorrow when I go to WM. I do put out "touches" of Easter but not a lot. Been there, done that and I'm weary of it. :o))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts