Costco Haul!

Hey friends!! Happy Wednesday!!

How is your week going so far?? Our's is going well! 
Pretty uneventful- which I don't mind one bit!

Last Saturday, Aaron and I braved the weekend crowds and went to Costco to stock up on our "staples." We have been Costco members for a year now and I have found what I would call our "go-to" items. 

We still do the majority of grocery shopping at Aldi. Walmart would be the second place I shop the most. I have a few very specific items I get from Sprouts and that's the same for Trader Joe's. 

I do not find Costco to have competitive pricing when compared to Aldi prices. I have been shopping at Aldi for almost 20 years now- so I have their prices memorized. HA! 

I know a lot of people LOVE Costco. They get so much more than groceries when they go there. It's a total EXPERIENCE. HA!

That is NOT us. I make a list, we are SUPER focused and make it a goal to be done shopping within 30 minutes. HA! 

Here's a look at what we stocked up on for this month!!

Kirkland chicken breast chunks! These are better than the "Just Bare" brand in our opinion! And several dollars cheaper! We love these for our "at-home" Chick Fil A nights. I also love using them to make chicken wraps, parmesan chicken subs and they are amazing in a salad!
Kirkland beef patties. We have been getting the sirloin patties- but this time they had the grass fed beef patties so we decided to try them out! We have hamburgers every Sunday for dinner- so we get two bags of these beef patties to last us through the month!
Kirkland hot dogs! My husband and kids love these. They have no creepy "mechanically separated" ingredients in them and they come in a pack of three. We buy a couple packs of these to keep in our deep freezer for easy dinners!
I have been getting my kids' Kodiak granola bars from Walmart- so I was super excited to see this bigger box at Costco! 
My husband and I love this chicken sausage! We both eat it every morning for breakfast! 
I make a lot of homemade granola bars and cereal bars. Honey is one of the main ingredients I use- so I go through this big bottle pretty quickly! 
This was a random "fun" purchase. I LOVE these dark chocolate peanut butter cups when I need a little something sweet! I got my last pack of them off of Amazon- but this bag at Costco was several dollars cheaper!
I usually get my laundry detergent from Walmart. I decided to try out this laundry detergent and I really like it! I find the smell really pleasant. It's still cheaper for me to get my laundry detergent at Walmart- but it's good to know this one works well too!
I always get a couple boxes of these applesauce pouches. My boys get one of these in their lunches every day and they are a good quick snack to pack on the go!
These frozen chicken breasts are probably my favorite Costco item. In my opinion, they are superior to any other brand of frozen chicken breasts! I always get 3-4 bags of these. We eat A LOT of chicken and I like having our deep freezer stocked with these!
We decided to give this ground beef a try! I typically like to get a more lean ground beef- but I really liked that this ground beef was organic and the price was really good!
I bake A LOT- so this giant bag of chocolate chips does not last long! I got two bags to last us through the month.
Our Costco currently has this big box of Popcorners chips for $14!! That is a steal! My girls and I really like these- so I got two boxes!
A few things that we got that are not pictured:

Kirkland paper towels
Kirkland bath tissue
(2) granite umbrella bases- SUPER random! HA! We were really excited about these as we have been looking for sturdy bases for the umbrellas we put on our pool deck!

And there you have it! A pretty typical Costco haul for our family!!

Are you a Costco shopper? What are some of your favorite “go-to” items?

I have to be honest- I really have to pump myself up to go to Costco. 
EVERY time we go, I am BLOWN away by how many people are there. It’s just a very intense experience! Ha!
Also- I would rather pay $1.00 more a gallon for gas than sit in that Costco gas station line. HA!

Despite it not being our favorite place to go- we still spend a solid amount of money there- so there's that!! :) 

Hope you have the BEST day friends!!

 

Comments

  1. I am the crazy person that has both a costco and sam's membership. I agree that Costco can be a stressful place to shop because of the crowds. They are opening a new location in our area, and I hope that will help with the crowds. I also agree that Aldi and Walmart (and even our local grocery store HEB) often have better prices than Costco and Sam's. I tend to buy things that have the special price for the month. I also really like the clothes at Sam's. Thanks for posting all your Costco faves. I want to try the burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son will ONLY eat that organic ground beef that you purchased - hope you like it too! Since I don’t cook nightly anymore I rarely buy frozen chicken breasts but I will keep those in mind :)
    Andrea (Momfessionals) recently had a Costco post and suggested some chicken (not the brand you bought) and bread so I picked those two things up when we went in tonight. I wanted to purchase a couple of meals for a coworker whose wife is expecting #4 and he’s been working 60-hr weeks so I thought a couple meals might help (I was there once!). Like Tanya we have both Sam’s and Costco memberships and I honestly prefer Sam’s meat and produce but Costco is more convenient. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't currently have a Costco membership, but I loved this post. Maybe I just love to read about shopping!? Ours is just so crowded and I can't handle it. So I stick with Sams bc it's less crowded, they offer curbside pick up and scan and go. But I'll have to tag along with my mom to Costco to look for those PB cups. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts