Hello Monday!

Hey friends!! Happy Monday!!

How was your weekend???
Ready for the week to start?

We are actually have the day off because of Columbus Day so it's a nice break from not rushing out the door by 7:30 am like a chicken with my head cut off. HA!

We had a really GOOD weekend. Aaron and I went on a date Saturday night and we talked about just how thankful we felt to have a day where it felt like we had some MARGIN after having an especially full week last week. 

Saturday morning, we were up bright and early so Aaron could run a 5K with Ainsley's Angels, which a running group we are a part of here in Greenville. It was a great race and then afterwards, we dropped our boys off at a local daycare (it's a pay by the hour kind of place and we LOVE it!!!) and we surprised the girls by taking them out to breakfast!!!

We do almost everything together as a family...but the truth of the matter is- the boys require a lot of attention and time from Aaron and me. They are still very little, they are totally nuts and honestly- can just be A LOT sometimes. Aaron and I were talking earlier last week about how we felt like we needed to be more intentional about finding ways to spend time with "just" the girls- so we made plans to do a breakfast date with them!
We went to a cute little breakfast place and the girls each got a chocolate chip pancake and scrambled eggs. We talked about the most random stuff and it was just SO SO GOOD.
So very grateful for the special time we spent with our girls!
I have some sunroom updates!!!

We had to have our exhaust system from our fireplace re-routed- and that is done!
Last week, we had the walls drywalled and mudded- so that is another task we can mark off!

Now- all we (and when I say "we" you know I mean Aaron. HA! I have NOTHING to do with these projects except attempting to keep us on budget with this project!!) have left to do is paint, trim work around the windows and base of the floor (we are also doing crown moulding) and lay down the flooring!! On the outside- Aaron has 2 more sides of the room to put up siding- so that project is 1/3 of the way done.

Here's a picture of the room before Aaron started painting it on Saturday afternoon!
 Here's a picture of the flooring we picked out. It is not an EXACT match to the flooring we have inside our house...but it's pretty close. It's a really nice, heavy duty laminate wood floor and I think it's going to look SO good!!
We are using the ceiling paint we had leftover from the builder for the ceiling and for the walls, we picked out a color called, "Icicle" by Sherwin Williams (we got it from Lowe's). It is a very light, gray-ish blue color....I think it will look so nice against the bright, white trim and a crown moulding!!
So we are moving right along and making really good progress!!
It's so funny...this sunroom started out as a covered patio. HA! Then we were like...well...let's screen it in. Then we decided...let's make it a sunroom so we can use it (pretty much) year round. And now, when it's all said and done we will have another completely finished room added to our house. HA!

Last week, I posted about some meals we were having including meatball subs. I picked up these freshly made meatballs from the meat section at Aldi and it was the first time we had tried them and I wanted to report back and say that my family LOVED them!! I tried the tiniest bite of them (they have cheese in them so I can't have them because of my dairy intolerance) and the little bit I had was DELICIOUS!
These would be delicious with not only meatball subs, but in any kind of pasta dish and I even thought they would be yummy on a homemade pizza!! 
Definitely recommend trying them out if you have an Aldi and you see them in your meat section!! 
At my Aldi- the meatballs were $2.99 for a dozen of them. I bought two packages for my family and we had enough leftover for Aaron to have them in his lunch for two days!
And finally- wanted to make sure all of you who have a blog are planning on linking up with Tanya, Erin, Heather, Johannah, Erica and me on October 17th to share your favorite fall/comfort food/cold weather recipe!!

That's all I have for today!! We're off to do some adventuring with some friends and enjoy this day off from school!!

Hope you have the BEST day!

Linking up with Johannah, Heather and Lindsay today!!



Comments

  1. I can't tell you how happy I am you're back blogging. Your posts make my day always better. Love your sweet family.

    Mary D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary- that is such a kind thing to say and it totally brightened my day!!! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. I can’t wait to see your patio finished!
    Glad you and Aaron were able to have a date night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend. I am so excited to see the finished patio, and I am sure you are ready for the sunroom to be finished. How exciting. I love that you and Aaron were able to take just the girls to breakfast. I am sure their hearts were full. Happy Monday and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flooring you have picked out for sunroom...Do you have laminate flooring in your house and if so does it hold up well with kiddo's??

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to take the girls out without the boys! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special outing with your girls!! I'm sure they loved being out and about with you and Aaron. Congrats on all the sunroom progress. It's going to be such a nice space. Can't wait to see how you style it. I looked for those meatballs at my Aldi and couldn't find them. Booo!!! I think my crew would love them so I'm not giving up until I find them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts