Life Lately!

Hey friends!!!

Happy Wednesday!!!

How are you???

We're doing great! We've been having lots of fun over the past few days and I am currently listening to Christmas music as I type this post- so LIFE.IS.GOOD. 

Here's what we've been up to since I posted last week! :)

We had an awesome Halloween! It was really low key- but honestly- that was SO perfect. We carved pumpkins once the kids got home from school, had mummy dogs for dinner and then the kids got dressed up and they went trick or treating with Aaron in our little neighborhood.
Even with only going to 16 houses, the kids got WAY too much candy....and we definitely had a fun little tasting party once they got home!
I recently made the most DELICIOUS triple chocolate chip cookies!! Aaron needed a special treat to bring his medical assistants and I thought these would be perfect. The recipe is from Pioneer Woman- who can do no wrong in my opinion! These cookies were SO easy to make and were CRAZY yummy. Definitely think I will be adding these to my Christmas baking list- and maybe add some Christmas M&M's to them to make them extra festive?!? 
You can find the recipe HERE!
 So when my mom came to visit us a little over a month ago- she brought me down an amazing piece of furniture...
Just a little back story: My brother flew to my mom's hometown. He rented a Uhaul truck and loaded up our HUGE family dining room table (for his house) and he was also able to fit this cabinet I have been wanting!

I don't know if it might be called something else- but in the Midwest- this is called a hoosier cabinet! 
 This is the bottom portion of it!
Aaron was so awesome and found a woman who re-finishes furniture and had it re-painted for me!!
Here's the "AFTER" picture!! The lighting is a little off because I took it once the sun had already gone down (#istronglydislikethetimechange)...but it is a bright white and then she distressed it in certain areas. I LOVE IT!
I have it in my office and I was able to move all of my craft bins, my sewing machine and our printer inside of it!
It makes me so happy to have a piece of furniture that I grew up with, in my childhood home, now in MY home!
My wonderful friend Michaela came to visit us!!
Michaela and I have been friends for 13 years and it was so fun to show her around our cute little town!
We picked her up this past Saturday and flew back to Chicago yesterday. We had a ton of fun and I am just so thankful she took the time and made the effort to come see us!
How great is this list?!?
I have to say- I really try to do all of these things every day....and when I do- WOW. 
What a difference it makes!!

It's so easy to lose sight of what's important and let priorities fall to the wayside....I am going to print out this list and keep it in my planner as an extra reminder of how to make the most of my day. I feel like I need some EXTRA reminders as the holiday season approaches as lightening speed and it can become SO saturated with things that don't matter!
I sure hope this finds ya'll having a great week!!!

Have the BEST day!

Linking up with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay today!


Comments

  1. I love that list of daily reminders. This time of year can definitely feel like it's flying by. The cabinet is so beautiful, both before and with the bright new coat of paint. How special to have a family memory in your home. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the cabinet looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cabinet is beautiful! That list of reminders is great and so timely; this is the one time of year that my stress level is typically through the roof. I don't know what I always put so much pressure on myself to try and make our holidays perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I love that list of daily reminders! I also love your Hoosier cabinet. It's so pretty and looks like it belongs in your house now. That's awesome that your brother could deliver it to you. What a fun family heirloom. I've always called them Hoosier cabinets, but I'm not sure if that's because I am a Hoosier or if that's a common term for them. haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts