What's Up Wednesday!

Hi friends!!! Happy Wednesday!

So...it is the last Wednesday of the month (how is that even possible?!?!)...which means it is time for a What's Up Wednesday Post!  I am excited to be joining MelShay and Sheaffer for their super fun link up party today!


What we're eating this week...As always- our menu for the week is all about SIMPLE and EASY meals.  I like to get as much prep work done for our dinners while my boys are sleeping and the girls are at school...that way when 5:00 pm rolls around- I am not having to make dinner...just assemble it all together! 
What I'm reminiscing about...
With Marshall just a couple months shy of turning ONE YEAR OLD (HOW?!?!?), I have been thinking a lot about being pregnant with him and how it seriously has been a DREAM having him become a part of our family. I cannot put into words how incredibly loved he is...he completes our family perfectly!!
What I am loving....I picked up Not Your Mother's She's a Tease Volumizing Hairspray when I was at Ulta about a month ago and finally used it for the first time a couple days ago. UM. I LOVE it! I have been a long time user of Tresemme's Extra Hold Hairspray...but I think I might be converting!! I am also loving Tresemme's Volumizing Dry Shampoo...I have tried A LOT of dry shampoos- and I really like this one the most out of all the ones I have tried!

What we've been up to...a couple weeks ago, the boys and I went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum with my friend and her adorable baby boy and had the BEST time! I had heard SO many amazing things about the Indy Children's Museum and I have to say- it totally lived up to all the hype! We have plans to go back when the girls are on spring break! This past weekend, we went to my parents' house for the weekend and we had so much fun playing outside! It's always SO great to go back "home!" The rest of our month has just been full with school, activities, keeping up with homework and projects and trying to keep the laundry pile at a manageable height! HA!

What I'm dreading...nothing really! 

What I'm working on...well...we picked out all of the selections for the house we are building a couple weeks ago and I am SO excited thinking about how everything is going to look!!
For the exterior of our home- we chose a dark blue siding, black shutters and white trim. There will also be a couple portions of the home that have stone on them! Aaron and I have always loved blue houses- so we just decided to go for it with our new house!!

Isn't this house BEAUTIFUL?? This is the color scheme our house will have. And if you look closely around the front door- there is some stone. That is similar to the stone we picked out! The exterior of our home is set up totally different from this- but this gives a good idea of what the blue siding/black shutters/white trim will look like!

This is not the best picture...but this is what our hardwood floors will look like! The name of the stain we picked out is called "countryside gray fog." I absolutely LOVE it!! 
The city of Greenville just did it's inspection on our lot and our builder should be breaking ground sometime this week or early next week! We are anxious for them to get started- as we are moving in 4 1/2 months and would REALLY like it if our house was ready when we got to Greenville! HA!

What I'm excited about...we're having some of our best friends over this Saturday to hang out and eat tacos, I am looking forward to trying out some new mascara I had Aaron pick me up at Walmart (I am a total dork- I KNOW :), spring being just around the corner- warmer temperatures just make me SO DARN HAPPY, and an upcoming trip we're taking to Chicago at the end of March!

What I am watching/reading...
Like almost everyone else I know- I am still loving "This is Us!"
Also- Aaron and I are big fans of Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Chicago Med. And we love watching Blue Bloods too!! 

What I am listening to...Brett Eldredge, Vacation Bible School CDs and podcasts! I love Jamie Ivey's Happy Hour!

What I'm wearing...leggings- love these from Nordstrom and these from Old Navy, a layering tank- my favorites are from Old Navy, a sweatshirt tunic and a vest- I have this one from Old Navy and this one- which I got on sale from Nordstrom about 3 years ago. 
Since the weather has been so freakishly warm this past week- I have been rocking my flip flops!! Also- LOVING my $20 army green utility vest from Sam's Club! It's the perfect layering piece for this crazy spring-like but still winter weather!
What I'm doing this weekend...I have my weekly Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday morning, the girls and I are going to a first birthday party for our friends' sweet baby boy, we have some friends coming over for tacos Saturday night and we have church on Sunday! I also need to get to the grocery store and make sure our refrigerator and pantry is stocked for next week!

What I'm looking forward to next month...the beginning of Lent, celebrating St. Patrick's Day (I got the girls' the CUTEST outfits to wear!!) and a family trip to Chicago!

What else is new...nothing! :) Life is FULL, somewhat chaotic and absolutely wonderful!

BONUS QUESTION: Beauty Must Have I Can't Live Without: My whole entire makeup bag! HA! I know that's not just one product- but I am a girl who doesn't feel complete without her face being "done." Mama NEEDS everything inside her makeup bag! 

Hope you all have the BEST day!!

Comments

  1. Oh My Gosh... I can't wait to see your house come together!!
    And how on earth is baby Marshall almost a year old.???
    The weather here in GA has been so warm. I have rocked the flip flops a few times too! and leggings are just a must!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO stinking excited Heather!! I am getting the WHITE kitchen I have always wanted!! :) LOVE my leggings and flip flop combo- I am going to be so sad if the temperatures get cold again!! Hope you have an awesome day friend!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that color combo for your house! Beautiful. Those floors...gorgeous! Ah! So exciting. Not to stress you out more, but 4.5 months is going to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the color combo you picked and I can not wait to see the inside when it's all put together. Are you getting anxious at all about your move?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your color combinations for the house and the flooring is gorgeous. I can't wait to see pics! So hard to believe Marshall is already 1 that is crazy! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan!!! I am REALLY excited about our floors!! I think they are going to look so pretty!! And yes- I can't believe my precious Marshall is almost one either. He is such an angel and it's been such an amazing year with him!!

      Delete
  5. I am so excited to see your new home come together. I am sure you are just bursting at the seams with excitement. I love the vest, I think I am going to bust it out this week because it is finally starting to warm up a little. It sounds like you all have some wonderful things to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally bursting at the seams Jenna!! It really doesn't feel "real" yet!! And yes- this in between weather- not cold- but not super warm- is perfect for vests!! Hope you're having a great week!

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited to see your new home =) I love the color combos that you went with, so pretty!
    I hope you have a great Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend!! We can't wait for everything to get started!! It still feels surreal! :)

      Delete
  7. Your house colors are the same as ours, with the stone work and everything. You're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so neat Ashley!! Thank you for your encouragement! I was a little hesitant at first to pick such bold colors- but I am really excited to see what the finished product is going to look like!! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm LOVING the finishes you've picked out for your home!! Great job!! It'll be so excited to see it all come together. I love that dry shampoo and Suave's dry shampoo. It's so affordable and does a great job. Can't wait to see the fun things you've got going for St. Patrick's Day. Have you found anything for your boys yet? I've been on the hunt for something for Fletcher and am coming up short.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sam's club has some of the best clothes! :) Love the vest, super cute!! I am loving the house color scheme, I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I love the clothes at Sam's!! They have the cutest kids' clothes and so many awesome workout clothes! I have to steer clear of those aisles when I am there because I could definitely do some major damage! HA!

      Delete
  10. I'm so excited about your house plans..I'll just live vicariously through you these next few months of a house building journey! And I'm still obsessed with your hair - it's fabulous!! HOW can he be almost ONE!?! It literally seems like just a few weeks ago you emailed us that he was here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest!! I am really loving my new hair cut too :) It requires a little more work on my part...but I am having less hair headaches- I got them all the time with my big ol' long mane! HA! And seriously- I do NOT know how Marshall is almost one. It is no joke when people tell you not to blink...because it's true!! Time passes SO quickly!!

      Delete
  11. Can't wait to follow along on your family's big changes this year! So excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts