Semi-Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Happy Monday friends!!

I hope you had a good weekend!
Our's was pretty jam packed and it flew by way too quickly! Also- the tree pollen RUDELY showed up with a vengeance and I felt quite "BLEH" all weekend. One of my eyes was almost swollen shut on Sunday morning!! Allergies are crazy!!

Anyway! It's Monday and my kids only have three days of school this week! Then we are on spring break!! YAY!

Today I wanted to share a "how-to" on our family's favorite cinnamon rolls! I shared this semi-homemade recipe (if you can even call it that?!?) many years ago. I thought it was a good time to update the pictures and share about how I make these cinnamon rolls in case you wanted to make them this upcoming weekend for Easter!!

Here's what you will need to make these cinnamon rolls. Just 5 ingredients! (plus icing :)

-2 cans of crescent rolls - this will make 10-12 medium sized cinnamon rolls
- sugar
-cinnamon
-brown sugar
- butter
The first step is to lay out your crescent roll dough and make a large rectangle. You can pinch together the open parts of the dough so it's one big piece.
Next, you are going to spread butter (margarine also works!) all over the dough.
After you have spread the butter on the dough, sprinkle a generous amount of sugar, cinnamon and brown sugar all over the dough. The brown sugar is what makes these extra yummy :)
Now it's time to roll up the dough! You will want to roll the dough width wise!
Here it is all rolled up! Ready to be cut!
Next, use a serated knife and cut (approximately) 1.5 inch rolls and place them in a greased or parchment paper lined dish.
I usually bake my cinnamon rolls in an 9X9 pan or a pie pan. 

As you can see- these cinnamon rolls are NOT perfect!! And that's ok. If they fall apart a little bit- just roll and tuck the dough and put it into the baking dish :)
You are going to bake these at 375 degrees until they are cooked through and golden brown. The baking time is variable to your oven- mine usually take about 20 minutes. 

Here's what they look like when they come out of the oven!
And now for the best part! Adding the icing!!
My family loves cream cheese icing on their cinnamon rolls. I make a big batch of it and just keep it in the refrigerator! We have cinnamon rolls every Sunday- so it's nice to have some made and ready to go. 

I don't have an exact recipe for my cream cheese icing...I measure with my heart :)
Here's the gist though:

1 stick butter
1 block cream cheese
3/4 - 1 bag of powder sugar
a couple dashes of vanilla
milk as needed to create the correct consistency

I cream my butter and cream cheese together. Then I add the powder sugar. I keep adding powdered sugar until its the consistency I want!
Sorry this is not exact. I am not an exact recipe kind of gal. HA!

And if you don't want to make your own icing...just use store bought!!

And here's what the cinnamon rolls look like once they are iced and ready to be served!
They are SO simple and SO good!
(Also- these are SO fun to make with kids- because they are so easy!!)

Sunday cinnamon rolls + coffee + this guy..
the BEST kind of morning!!!
If you make these cinnamon rolls...I sure hope you enjoy them! 

Have the BEST day friends!!

Comments

  1. These look so good, and I love semi-homemade recipes! Hope you have a good start to the week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts