Thursday Confessions!!


Hi!! Happy Thursday!!
My fabulous friend, Leigh, recently started a super fun link up on Thursday...where you can share what's on your mind and just have a good ol' confession session!

Here's some of my confessions...in no particular order :)

//1// I really, really DISLIKE how all of my favorite shows are having their season finales and totally leaving me hanging until the END OF SEPTEMBER. That's a long freakin' time to wait to find out what is going to happen to all of my favorite friends characters!!
I think the two shows I am most anxious about are Chicago Fire and Grey's Anatomy. Do you watch those shows?? Are you as concerned as I am??

//2// Speaking of TV shows...I am completely obsessed with watching cooking shows. My ALL TIME favorite Food Network show is Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Now that we have Netflix I can watch multiple episodes in a row and it just makes me happy!

//3// It goes without saying how much I LOVE my kids. But- I also LOVE nap time just as much :) HA! My girls don't nap anymore- but now that they are going to be home for the summer- I am definitely requiring them all to retreat to their rooms for an hour to have quiet time. If they want to fall asleep- that's fine with me! James still takes a nap- and I NEED him to take one. He wakes up extremely early and literally is going 90 MPH until I put him down for his nap. My sweet buddy is precious- but he is a wild little boy! I am super flexible and easy going with our schedule UNTIL nap time rolls around. And then we are HOME. I do NOT mess around with James' nap time! Momma needs it just as much as he does! HA!

//4// Here's a confession that's going to show how weird I am :) I HAVE to wear flip flops when I am home. I am a pair of my favorite Reef flip flops that are strictly my "inside" flip flops. If I need to go get the mail- I put on my outside flip flops. I just can't STAND to be barefoot!! During the winter when it's colder, I have an old pair of Ugg style boots that I wear. They are my "inside" boots. And get this- when we have people over- I like them to take off their shoes because we have a lot of carpeting in our house. My daughter Cora ALWAYS tells our guests- "Mommy says you have to take off your shoes- but she still gets to wear her's." HA!

I think I'll end on this note :)

Do you have anything to confess??
I am all ears!! :)

Hope you have the BEST day!

Comments

  1. Oh scared nap time! How I love thee!

    As far as the barefoot thing, that is so funny! I love being barefoot & apparently Cash is taking after me because he wants to be barefoot all the time. Inside, outside, you name it. If it isn't a bath night, which is unusual during the hot months, his feet get a nice soaking before bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to catch up on Grey's! I am a few episodes behind..yikes!

    That is to funny about you hate being barefoot. I love being barefoot. The first thing that goes when I get home is jewelry and shoes! Ella is the exact same....her shoes are off in the car on the way home from school!! haha

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not weird at all. My mom TRAVELS with her indoor flip flops. Yesterday she brought them with her to my house because she knows my no shoes inside policy! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Grey's and Scandal on Thursday nights!! We'll actually have to talk to each other or something tonight! HAHAHA. Usually one of Big Brother's nights is on a Thursday, so we'll have that when it starts again in a few weeks. For now, we'll probably just sit and stare at our phones or each other. What did people do before TV? HA. And, I am ALL for a mandated afternoon naptime! Yes, sign me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU for linking up with me!! You provide such great support in my life!! I am cracking up at your indoor/outdoor shoes! I don't have separate pairs, but I am the same way and almost always have on shoes or flip flops. Praying you get your naptime in this summer - maybe they will all play hard and crash hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, naptime is the best! It's my only semi-quiet time of the day. If only my older kids napped!
    I have indoor flipflops and slipper boots, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grey's...YES. I hate that we have to wait that long!
    And cooking shows.... my favorite. They are just so good...and so easy to watch another, and another, and another :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved these! We have been doing quiet time every afternoon because mama needs it! Olive isn't really napping regularly, but I think we both need the break. I really enjoy Grey's but haven't kept up with this season. I need to catch up over the summer. I'm currently watching ridiculous shows like Southern Charm, The Voice (I"m behind) and The Goldbergs. I laughed at your inside/outside shoe arrangement and Cora's explanation to guests. Kids are so honest :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts