Pages

A FUN, EASY Recipe!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Hi friends!! Happy Thursday!!
How has your week been going???

I had every intention of sharing some weekly Walmart finds yesterday- but my little James has had a rough couple of days...he has terrible allergies- which in turn almost always turns into an upper respiratory infection, ear infection or even pneumonia!!
This past weekend we were outside A LOT and the pollen was flying around like crazy. Wouldn't you know it, he started coughing and wheezing the next day and woke up from his nap on Tuesday with a fever. He barely slept Tuesday night- poor thing was miserable! 
I took him to the doctor yesterday and he has a yucky double ear infection. We are having to do breathing treatments 5 times per day until his cough clears up- so needless to say- I have been a little extra busy trying to wrangle my crazy 2 1/2 year old to sit still to take his medicine and get his breathing treatments done! 
While I really don't like seeing James or any of my kids for that matter, not feel well, I am just always so thankful we have access to a wonderful pediatrician and medicine that I know will clear up his ear infection!!! 

Okay- enough about my boring last couple of days. HA!

I bought Marshall a big box of cheerios to snack on a couple of weeks ago and the precious little guy doesn't like them :) They were on their way to getting stale- so I did a quick search to see if I could find a recipe I could use them in!

Quite a few recipes came up in my search- but I decided to go with this one from Taste of Home- because MARSHMALLOWS and PEANUT BUTTER and M&M's.

Here's what you need to make these super simple and ridiculously yummy cheerio bars!

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
5 cups cheerios
1 cup M&Ms
Place butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Then add the cheerios and M&M's. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; press down gently. 
I let them sit for about an hour before I served them to my kiddos!
 And here's the finished product!!

Friends: These are SO YUMMY. And SO easy! Especially since you melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave! This would be the perfect treat to make with your kiddos!!
And I love that these are "no-bake" so when a craving for something sweet hit this summer- you don't need to heat up your kitchen with turning on the hot oven!
My kids LOVED these! And so did I :) I had to stop myself after a couple of bites- because I seriously could have eaten the whole pan. HA!

Easy, Yummy, Simple. My kind of recipe!!

Hope you have the BEST day friends!

Linking up with Annie and Natalie today!

3 comments:

  1. Ella would love these. She loves Cherrios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm yumm-o!! My girls would love this! And I especially love that this is no bake considering we are coming into the summer months!
    I sure hope James starts feeling better VERY soon!!!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound amazing!! My kids are obsessed with Cheerios so I know they'd love them. And Rice Krispie treats are one of our favorite treats so these Cheerio Treats are something we've got to try. I love any recipe that doesn't use the oven in the summer. Thanks for sharing :) Sure hope James is feeling better! Poor guy. I hate to hear that Spring is so rough on his allergies. Maybe a move to the South will help out his allergies??

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let's keep it nice though...ain't nobody got time for anything else!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS