Friday Favorites!

Hi friends!!! Happy Friday!

WHEW. It's been a WEEK. Nothing really big happened this week...but it just kind of felt like I was a dog chasing it's tail around! HA!  Needless to say...I am so happy Friday is here! 

Lots of fun, happy things have been going on at our house and I am excited to share a few of them with you today!!

//ONE//
My daughters have asked me to start running with them before school!! They have fitness trackers and they are ALL ABOUT getting their steps in- which I think is SO amazing! So on Tuesday and Thursday mornings (those are the days I don't work), we go for a one mile run at 6 am. I told them in order for us to go- they had to get themselves up and dressed and be ready to go...and they are! I can't tell you how much I love exercising with my girls...and to fit in a little run with them while the sun is coming up...well- it just about makes my heart want to burst!! 
 //TWO//
Speaking of running, I ran in a 5K race last Saturday with our Greenville Ainsley's Angels team and had a BLAST. Our Angel Rider was amazing and my running partner (who was about 10 years older than me!!) pushed me BIG TIME. We ran a great race and had the best weather. It was a super fun way to start our Saturday!!
//THREE//
We celebrated our precious Marshall's 2nd birthday on Sunday!!! It was the BEST day. We went to church and then headed out to Simply Natural Creamery. We went on a little tour around their dairy farm, got to pet baby calves, the kids got HUGE waffle cones and we enjoyed the most beautiful day outside! Of course, Marshall looks super angry in this picture...but I promise you he was having a super happy birthday. He just didn't like the fact that I was making him take a picture! HA!
//FOUR//
Ok- I had to share my latest FAVORITE meal. I get all the ingredients at Aldi!
In our Aldi's "seasonal" freezer section- they have these black angus beef meatballs. They are REAL meatballs- with all REAL, good ingredients in them. I am always hesitant to buy pre-made meatballs because I am not always a  fan of what's in them! Anyway...to feed our family of 7- I put about a 1/3 of the bag of meatballs in the crockpot (with a crockpot liner OF COURSE), pour a jar of marinara sauce over them and cook them on high for 4 hours. Right around the 3 hour mark they are done- and I move the setting to "keep warm." Then when it's time for dinner, I just melt some cheese on Italian rolls under the broiler, top the rolls with a few meatballs and sauce and VOILA! Dinner is done! The EASIEST meal ever. And so budget friendly! The bag of meatballs is $9.99 but you can get AT LEAST (if not more) 3-4 meals out of one bag. The jar of sauce, the rolls and the cheese aren't more than $6 combined- so you are looking at a hearty meal (with probably some leftovers!) for less than $10!! 
I serve steamed broccoli with the meatball subs!
So easy!!
//FIVE//
Speaking of easy meals...earlier this week Aaron was working SUPER late at the hospital and we had a busy evening after the kids got home from school. For Valentine's Day, my mom had sent the kids gift cards to Dairy Queen and we have been saving to use them!! Well- we cashed them in and the kids had the yummiest meal complete with mini blizzards for dessert. I, on the other hand,had a veggie burger when we got home. HA! 
We got to enjoy the beautiful sunshine AND I didn't have to cook or clean up. 
BEST NIGHT EVER in my book!!
So...What are your plans for the weekend??
Are you as excited as I am for a couple days off??

Aaron is on call this weekend...but the kids and I have a lot of fun activities going on...so while we will miss Daddy while he is working- we will be busy having lots of fun!

Hope you have a FABULOUS Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Linking up with AndreaErika and Narci!


Also joining April, Christina and Natasha for their fun link-up!
Linking up with TifBeckyDella and Katie too!

Comments

  1. Sounds like the best week!! And Happy Birthday to sweet Marshall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe Marshall is TWO! Looks like a great week! I need to try those meatballs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those meatballs look amazing! My family loves meatballs and I rarely take them time to make them. Thanks for adding another delicious item to my Aldi list. And your girls are TOO CUTE wanting to exercise with you. Olive has just started asking to walk (instead of ride in the stroller) for portions of our walks. It's fun to see things change with our girls as they get older. Marshall's party sounded like so much fun. What a perfect party for the whole family. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, how in the world is Marshall TWO?!?! It's so insane how fast time goes by. He is just the cutest!
    I love that the girls want to get up with you and run in the mornings...that's amazing!!
    Those meatballs sound delicious. I don't think there is a single Aldi in Maine. I think that needs to change!
    Have a great weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts