Thankful for Laundry

Hey friends!!! I am checking in later in the week than I normally like to...but we hit a bit of a wall on Sunday!

Soooo...Sunday was not only Mother's Day, but it was also my  youngest daughter's birthday!

We woke up and had a fun morning of opening presents, going to breakfast at church, opening Mother's Day presents when we got home from church....and then things started to fall apart. HA!

FYI: I am getting ready to talk about throw up- so if that grosses you out- you might want to skip reading this post. HA!

Back tracking just a bit- in the middle of the night on Friday, my youngest son woke up in the middle of night because he has thrown up in his crib. Luckily, once we cleaned him up and got his sheets changed, he went back to bed easily. Saturday, his tummy still seemed a little off- but overall he was fine.  
During church, on Sunday morning, my middle daughter, Cora, kept telling me her tummy hurt...but in true "get over it fashion" (which is totally how I react most times my kids tell me they don't feel good! HA!), I told her she probably ate too much at breakfast and that she would be fine. 

Okay- so it was about 1 pm on Sunday and Cora says she really isn't feeling good. She then went to the bathroom and started throwing up!! Poor thing!! We got her cleaned up and settled on the couch. I decided to take my son James for a walk while Celine road her bike.
Well- wouldn't you know it- James started throwing up IN THE STROLLER on our walk!!!! 
So- I got him home, we cleaned him up and Aaron got the stroller sprayed off. 
Then Cora and James just started taking turns throwing up.

Then....I started feeling weird. 
But I tried to ignore it because it was Mother's Day! It was Celine's Birthday! 
But- I finally had to throw in the towel around 3 pm and crawled into bed. 
Well, then Celine told me she wasn't feeling so great. She got into bed with me and THANK GOODNESS I had a trash can by me- because she started throwing up in it!!! 
Poor thing!! On her birthday!!

So- then she was down for the count too. Then Charlotte started feeling horrible and around 7 pm started throwing up and it didn't stop until about midnight. I won't even go into detail about me. Let's just say I became good friends with the toilet. UGH. 

So- that was our Mother's Day/Celine's birthday. Aaron ended the evening by holding little girls' hair back while they puked and ordering himself a pizza from Pizza Hut. HA!

I really cared less about it being Mother's Day...I was so bummed out for Celine!! I had made her a special rainbow cake and we were all so excited to see how it turned out!

 Monday morning, everyone woke up feeling a tad bit better and most of our day looked like this....watching TV and eating crackers :)
Celine took this picture of me on Monday afternoon, and at the time, I will be honest- I was super annoyed she had my phone and was snapping a million pictures. 
But looking at it now- I kind of love it.
I have continued to feel pretty crappy the last few days, but life goes on...and that's what this picture shows. 

And it makes me SO thankful the extent of our "troubles" lasted only about 24 hours. 
My kiddos went back to school yesterday and they are all fine. 

I have a wonderful husband who took care of us and came home early from work on Monday to take us out for dinner since we had been cooped up in the house all day.

I have a big, sturdy washing machine and dryer and running water and did about 10 loads of laundry on Monday without even thinking twice about it. Not to be melodramatic- but I think we often realize WHAT A PRIVILEGE that is!!!
 And so...here we are! It's Wednesday and I am finally feeling like myself again.
The kids are great and the only reason we are headed to the doctor this week is because Celine has a well-check.
Aaron has an immune system of STEEL and NEVER got sick. (I attribute that to the many years he has worked in hospitals. He has been exposed to every germ known to man! HA!)
We are going to do a birthday "re-do" this Saturday for Celine and have her birthday dinner and her rainbow cake!

Life is GOOD (even though it's been a little rough the last few days) and I am SO thankful :)

Hope you have the BEST day!

Comments

  1. oh my goodness. Bless of your hearts~ I am so thankful the virus only lasted 24 hours. but man on sweet Celine's birthday! So glad y'all are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're all feeling better but what a rough couple of days!

    Hoping for an extra fabulous rest of the week and weekend re-do for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! What a "mess"! I admire your positive mindset during difficult times being a parent. Best wishes for a fantastic re-do on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word girl! Glad to hear that everyone is on the way back to feeling like themselves! Thankfully, it was fairly quick even though I'm sure it didn't feel like it at the time! Can't wait to see how the rainbow cake turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a weekend! Glad you are all feeling better! I will never take my washer/dryer for granted after doing laundry in the UK for 3 years. I always told people that the washer basically would hold the amount of clothing you could fit balanced on one hand. A set of sheets was really pushing it. And the dryer never got the clothes dry. I practically kissed my big US-style washer/dryer when we moved back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh the WORST! I am so glad y'all are on the mend! Poor Celine on her birthday, and you on Mother's Day :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Gosh!! What a day!! So sorry to hear that you were all so sick. Moms really should get a pass on getting sick. No one has time for that. I'm glad you're doing a birthday redo this weekend. Hope it's a long time before the stomach bug tears through your house again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts