What’s Up Friday!

Hey hey!! Happy Friday friends!! How has your week been?? 

Mine has been a little off. I haven't felt great and things have just felt a little wonky. Nothing is wrong...I just haven't felt in my groove this week! You know that feeling?? You just can't put your finger on it- but things are just OFF.  I just really try to stay focused on doing the next right thing when I feel this way. I ALWAYS prioritize movement and I celebrate everything I can. I got all the kids to their dentist appointment! I cooked dinner 5 nights in a row and packed lunches every day! Everyone is healthy! The dogs haven't had any accidents lately! The sun has been SHINING all week! You get the picture :) The more I stay focused on the overflowing GOOD that constantly surrounds me- it helps me not be so focused on feeling a little out of sorts.
 
Since I haven't been feeling my best..I didn't get my Wednesday blog post up. So I just moved it to today!! I am going to do a little end of the month "dump" and do a "what's up Wednesday" post on a Friday :) Let's just go with it, ok?!? :)

 What we're eating this week...As always- our menu for this week has been all about SIMPLE and EASY meals!

Here's what our family has been eating this week!
 
*FYI: I have been making an effort to post our meal plan every Monday here on the blog! I don't plan fancy dinners and we repeat a lot of meals- but if you need a few ideas when planning your menu for the week- come check out what I have planned!  

 What I'm reminiscing about...this time last year, we were finishing up our master bathroom remodel! It was a BIG project! Aaron did all of the demo. We then had our contractor do all of the tile work as well as creating the huge walk in shower. Then when he was done, Aaron installed our bathroom vanities, the lighting, the mirrors and did all the finishing touches. It took almost a month to complete- but it was so worth it! 

Here's the before picture!
And here's the after! I still can't believe this is our bathroom! :)
We got all of our tile from Lowe's on sale. We purchased our bathroom vanities from Wayfair and our mirrors from Home Depot. I forget where we got the lighting over our vanities- but the big light over the shower came from Wayfair. By ordering everything ourselves (and buying it on sale), Aaron doing the demo and installing everything- we were able to save A LOT of money. I am SO thankful Aaron is so handy. He makes projects like this one possible!
What I am loving....I recently bought a new set of sheets for our bed and I LOVE them!!
 I bought them on a whim, while doing some shopping on Walmart.com. I was so pleasantly surprised when I opened the package and saw how nice they were! We have had them on our bed for over a week now and I just love how soft and smooth they feel. And I got them for a STEAL!! For the king size, the sheet set was just under $33!! You can find them HERE! They come in a lot of colors- I love white bedding- so I got them in "white/striped."

What I'm dreading...the time change. Darkness at 4:30 pm makes me SO sad!!!

What I'm working on...I don't know if I would really say I am officially "working on" something. I have been focused on finishing up Christmas shopping for my kids. With 5 kids, ranging in ages from 7-(almost)15- and a BUDGET- it takes a lot of thought and planning on my part to get it all done! 
I am also planning out what I am going to get all of the kids' teachers for Christmas, as well as, what I would like to get my mom! My goal is to have the bulk of my shopping done by the 1st Sunday of Advent- which happens to be my birthday this year!
What I am watching/reading...I am SO boring on this front. I am not reading anything
 (I WANT to be a reader- but I just can't get into it!) and we are currently not watching anything that we are super excited about. We have been catching up on the latest season of British Baking Show- but Aaron and I both end up asleep before an episode is over! HA!

What I am listening to...I have been creating a playlist for myself on Pandora and I am LOVING it. It is all of my favorite songs and whenever I hear a song that I love- I promptly add it to my playlist! I drive A LOT and it just makes me happy to listen to music that is "me." My kids are cool with about 60% of the songs on my playlist.
 And the other 40% of the songs are basically painful for them. HA! 

What I'm wearing...I pretty much wear the same thing over and over again. I really like to keep my wardrobe super simple. I have one "fall" sweater- and I wear it a lot in October and November! You can find it HERE on Amazon! I have had it for a couple years now and it still looks brand new! Recently, I have been on the hunt for a couple new pairs of jeans. I found these jeans at Target and I really like them (I am wearing them in the picture below)! They are a nice change from my typical skinny jeans! And bonus- they are currently 30% off right now! 
 
What I'm doing this weekend...Tonight my oldest daughter has a fall carnival at her school and my 2nd oldest daughter is going to her middle school dance! Tomorrow we have a retreat at church for our son Marshall and then in the afternoon, we will be going to the kids' school for their "fall fest." Sunday, after church, we are going to carve our pumpkins. It's going to be a FULL and FUN weekend!

What I'm looking forward to next month...We have a lot of fun things happening in November! I will get the house decorated for Christmas, our boys will compete in their first wrestling tournament, my oldest daughter will celebrate her birthday and we will be celebrating Thanksgiving at my mom's beautiful new home!

What else is new...we have been car shopping for our "kid car"- which will be the car all of our kids will drive. Our oldest daughter will be getting her learning permit in a little over a month and we would like to have the car by then so she can learn to drive in the car she will be driving. Two things. #1: How am I old enough to be looking at a car for my CHILD to drive?! #2: Car shopping is SO NOT FUN. HA! It's wild AND expensive out there! 

And on that note...I am off to get my kids to school!  Hope you have the BEST Friday and a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!



 Linking up with from Andrea and Erica for Friday Favorites!!! 

Also linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday! (Even though I am posting on a Friday! HA!)


 



 

Comments

  1. Yes to your kid learning to drive on the car they will be driving! We have a Dodge Durango and a Chevy Suburban and they were really hard to teach our kids on because they are both so big. Driving clicked when we purchased our Kia Soul. It's lime green and super ugly, but it does the job. Love your orange sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience! I drive an Expedition Max- not the car you want to learn to drive on initially! HA!

      Delete
  2. Your bathroom looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved hearing all about life lately. Your master bath is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya! It turned out just as I had hoped!

      Delete
  4. Oh no! So sorry you haven't been feeling great. I hope things improve over the weekend. I am glad you have found all the positives from the week. Fab meals and I love to meal plan too.
    Your new bathroom looks amazing!
    I am looking forward to the time change. I like the dark nights.
    hahaha! I want to be a reader too but I just can't get into it either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Your bathroom is beautiful, smart for your husband do the demo (my husband demo'd our kitchen and it saved a ton of money!) and do the finishing touches as well. Ugh, don't get me started on the time change, I don't like the early evening dark. That's great you're getting your shopping done early. I love The Great British Baking Show, I got up early this morning to catch this week's episode before I had to run some errands. I fell asleep in the chair just before they announced the Star Baker! Fortunately, I only dozed for a few minutes so I rewound the episode and watched the end. Sorry to see Rowan and Nicky leave, they were both such characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this season's contestants- they are so fun! Glad to know I am not the only one who dozes off while watching it though! HA!

      Delete
  6. Yes to not buying another car!!! Our kids will have to share and that is just how it is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts