Thoughts For Thursday!

Hi!
Happy Thursday! :)

Soo...I haven't given a little update on how my pregnancy is going with baby #5 since I was 16 weeks...which was 8 weeks ago! It doesn't feel like it has been that long!! And while we still have a solid 4 months to go before the baby arrives- that really isn't too far away!! 
Anyway- just thought I would share a little bit on how things are currently going!

I am 24 weeks pregnant and feeling really good!!
The baby kicks all the time now and the girls absolutely LOVE feeling the baby move :)
I would definitely say I am feeling quite big- but nothing uncomfortable or that keeps me from doing everything that needs to get done. 
I am still exercising 4-5 times a week- but I have definitely had to slow things down. About a month ago- I was still able to run 2-3 miles- now- I have do walk/run intervals. I am also doing the elliptical machine a lot more than I normally do- but I find it easier on my body than being on the treadmill.  I am also still lifting weights- again- not nearly at the intensity I was prior to being pregnant- but I figured anything I do is better than doing nothing, right?!?
HA!
The one "thing" I deal with when I am pregnant is that I have TERRIBLE varicose veins. They are not only horribly ugly- but also extremely painful. So in order to be able to go about my day, I wear a pair medical grade maternity compression hose (like these) everyday.  They are a HUGE pain in the butt to put on- and they can get a little uncomfortable by the end of the day- but I seriously wouldn't be able to move if I didn't wear them! 
Every woman has a couple (if not more!) things she struggles with when she is pregnant- especially when you are old and on your 5th kid in 7 years like me (HA!)- and really my varicose veins are so NOT a big deal compared to what other women go through during their pregnancies!  I just wear my compression hose, go about my day and look forward to peeling them off every night and snuggling up in one of my favorite pairs of Old Navy flannel pajama pants :)

Here's my buddy and me with my 24 week bump!
I am getting so excited about seeing James become a big brother!! I know it is going to be so sweet and hysterical at the same time! He will be 22 months when the baby is born- so honestly- he probably isn't going to be that interested in the baby initially :) But because they are fairly close in age, I pray him and his sister or brother grow to have a close, wonderful relationship! 

So there you have it! A pretty boring pregnancy update! HA!
I am SO thankful to be having a "normal," uneventful pregnancy. It is an absolute miracle and I extremely grateful for my health and our precious little baby's continued growth, development and health!!

Linking up with Annie and Natalie today!

Comments

  1. I wore the compression stockings all the time with my pregnancies! I loved them when working 12 hour shifts as a nurse and they made my legs feel so much less tired at the end of the day! Luckily.. It's winter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is your baby bump!!! And the baby on the bump! :) My dear friend dealt with varicose veins, so I have heard the pain - she also looked like she had caterpillars under her skin, so be thankful you don't have that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking great! We are due in less than 6 weeks and this little girl and our oldest boy will be 18 months apart, so I feel like we are tracking the same steps right now! (Minus your 3 extra kiddos, haha!) So glad you are feeling good and enjoying your pregnancy- you look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Heather!! And thank you for your kind comments!! Your baby girl will be here SO soon! All of my girls are 20 months apart and while it is a little crazy- I love having them all so close in age! They are the BEST of friends! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. You look amazing!! What a fun time in the pregnancy too! Sorry about the veins - I have a few friends who had the compression hose too. You are amazing to work out so often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seriously look fantastic!!! I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with varicose veins. I've heard they can be so painful =( Not too much longer and your new bundle of joy will be here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend!!! And you are SO right- I am going to be snuggling a baby before I know it!! Can't wait!! :)

      Delete
  6. You definitely look great! I might have to use you as my inspiration if I am ever pregnant again with your dedication to working out. My first pregnancy, exercising unfortunately wasn't an option thanks to brutal all day morning sickness. So I am determined if I have another one it will be different. ( like I can control anything about pregnancy. HA!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie!! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! You are SO right- there are so many things out of your control when you are pregnant!! I will tell you- that even when I was super sick- I still worked out and while it was quite awful to get the workout started- I ALWAYS felt better once I was done! I feel like it really helped a lot with my nausea!! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. You look great!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is your top from in the pic of you and James? And by the way, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica! It is a sweater dress (non-maternity) from Athleta:) It is not on their website though- my mom got it for me from TJ Maxx for Christmas this year! I LOVE it- so soft and comfy!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts