Friday Favorites!

Hi!! Happy Friday!!!
How was your week??

We had a really good week...we weren't too busy, which meant I was able to get some things done around the house that I have been needing to do (like clean our bathrooms! HA!) I took the boys to Ash Wednesday Mass at the girls' school and it was such a special treat to go to mass with them!
We needed a little change in our routine...so instead of going home after school yesterday, we went straight to the library! Charlotte got herself set up in a little study cubby and was SO excited to do her homework at the library...she felt like such a big girl :) While she was doing her homework, the other kids checked out books and DVDs and played. I don't know about you- but things can get pretty CRAZY at our house from the hours of 4:00 - 5:30 pm...so it was just really great to do something different- which translated into 5 happy kiddos and one SUPER happy mama! :)

Ok- time for some FAVORITES from this past week!

//ONE//
Cora Maye had her special "All About Me" day at school last Friday and she invited me to be her "celebrity reader." I read a book of Cora's choice to the class and then the students asked me a bunch of questions (like- what is my favorite Star Wars character!?! HA!) 
It was SO fun! Cora has the MOST amazing kindergarten teacher and her classmates are so sweet. It was such a precious time!! 
 //TWO//
Molly from Stilettos and Diapers mentioned on Instagram how much she loves this lip lacquer from E.L.F. - so of course I picked some up! I got it in 'neutral' and it really is the perfect lip gloss. I am not a big lip color person...but this has just a hint of color and slight shimmer...and it's $2!!! I love E.L.F. products- they are SO affordable and in my opinion, work just as well as many high end cosmetics brands!
//THREE//
Speaking of new makeup, I also picked up this jumbo eye pencil from NYX earlier this week and I am LOVING it! I got it in the shade, 'cashmere-shimmery champagne,' and I am using it under my bottom eyelid as kind of a highlighter. It is VERY subtle and does exactly what I want it to do- it just brightens up my eye a smidge! It stays put all day- which really surprised me- because I feel like a lot of time colored eye pencils smudge easily and kind of get all over the place! This one works great!
//FOUR//
My hubby surprised me BIG TIME earlier this week when he gave me a new Fitbit Flex 2!!
I have had the original Fitbit Flex for over 3 years now and have LOVED it! I have been wanting to upgrade to the new Flex 2 since it came out because it tracks swimming laps in the pool (which the original Flex does not). I swim 1-2 times a week, so I really liked the idea of being to see my activity on my Fitbit on the days I swim. Well...the other night- before we headed to bed, I gave my husband my Fitbit to charge on his computer and when he gave it back to me- he had swapped out my old Flex and put my new Flex2 on my wrist!! I was SO surprised and super excited. I have been wearing it all week and it worked great when I swam laps the other day! It accurately picked up my activity minutes and how many laps I swam- SO COOL! I also like how the wristband is slimmer and more lightweight! If you are on the fence about getting a Fitbit- I highly recommend checking out the Flex2!

//FIVE//
YES to this. Here's to living, loving and truly embracing the mundane moments of life. 
The mess. The craziness. All of it. 
Hope you have the BEST day and a WONDERFUL weekend!

 I am also linking up with April for Five on Friday!

 Joining Karli for her, Oh Hey Friday Link Up! too!


And lastly, linking up with KatieTifDella & Caitlin for High Five for Friday!

Comments

  1. So sweet of Cora to pick you as her celebrity reader~~ How special!
    Love your new fitbit! So awesome of Aaron!!
    Next time I'm at Target I am looking for that ELF lipgloss! I love color on my lips but not in the summer at the pool, but I feel "naked" if I don't have on something so that would be perfect! Thanks for sharing!
    Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of you and Cora, and how fun that you went to the library after school. I posted a picture of Grace from kinder today and sure miss those sweet days!

    I am looking forward to lots of library visits with the kids this summer. Love the new fitbit. They are so good for motivation! Thanks for the make up tips...I have yet to be disappointed by an Elf product. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you were the guest reader in class. I would love to do that in my classroom (I need to implement that next year). Also, I had to LOL at the questions you were asked. My Kinders never let me down in the random comment department and I love it. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! What do you love the most about the fitbit? I've contemplated getting one in the past, but don't want to be totally obsessed with my steps.
    Happy Friday! From the #H54F linkup!
    Megs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I need to check out that lip lacquer..I love ELF, and you can't beat a $2 lip product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to check out that lip gloss. It sounds great! And how sweet of your husband to surprise you with the Fitbit. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great quote and gentle reminder! Thanks for the makeup tips!! Always looking for new goodies. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try that lipgloss! Looks like such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea of going to the library in the afternoons! We usually go in the morning before lunch, but those hours from 4-6 are always a challenge. We'll have to give your routine a try. Love your short hair!! Are you feeling used to it yet? It looks great on you! I get so excited when I find an ELF product that works really well. I'm currently using an ELF blush, brushes and lipstick. Your hubby was so sweet to surprise you with a new fitbit. I have an older one, too, so I'm adding a new one to my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a brand new reader of your blog. Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Robin Meade (HLN morning show host)? I am enjoying your blog. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Random: how many pictures do you put in your kids books? Do you start Birthday to Birthday?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts