Friday Favorites!

Hi friends!! Happy Friday!

How was your week??
Our's was really good...pretty boring actually- which I will never complain about! HA!

Time is seriously FLYING by...isn't it?? It's just crazy!

Despite having a low key week- I still have a few fun FAVORITES to share...so here we go!

//ONE//
Last Saturday, after the boys went down for their afternoon naps, the girls and I snuck out of the house to have some Mommy/Daughter time!!
I surprised them by first going to Starbucks and getting them a fancy drink (I NEVER do this- we are more 1/2 price Steak and Shake milkshake people- HA!) and they were SO excited!
Once we got our drinks, we headed to TJ Maxx and Homegoods and had such a fun time looking at everything! It was so fun to be with my girls and be able to take the time to listen to them and look at EVERY single thing they wanted to show me. I don't always have the ability to do that when I have their little brothers with us- so I was just super grateful for our mommy/daughter time! 
 //TWO//
We got some VERY exciting news that they have started building our house!!! 
They have starting pouring the foundation!
And all of that wood you see is for the house to begin to be framed out! 
One of the partners in Aaron's new practice lives one neighborhood over from where we will be living and she has been so kind to stop by our lot every once and while and take pictures of the building progress. We are so excited to get our next round of pictures!
 //THREE//
One thing I was looking for when the girls and I went shopping at TJ Maxx was some cute St. Patrick's Day garland or a cute St. Patrick's Day picture...I found NOTHING! Both Homegoods and TJ Maxx barely had any St. Patrick's Day decorations! Everything is all about Easter right now...which don't even get me started on all the adorable Easter decor all the stores have right now!! HA!
Anyway- I asked my girls to draw me some St. Patrick's Day pictures and I put them in some frames and viola!- my favorite shelves are all ready for St. Patrick's Day! 
Cora drew me a hill with lots of 4 leaf clovers (on the left) and Charlotte drew me a rainbow with a pot of gold (on the right). I think they turned out so cute and I love our simple, festive St. Patrick's decorations! 
//FOUR//
So I had to share: these are my absolute FAVORITE workout leggings! They are from Old Navy and they are called their "Go-Dry Mid-Rise Compression Legging." They are on sale for $20 right now! I have at least 4 pairs of them and wear them to workout in and just as regular leggings. I really need a new pair of black yoga pants and was really hoping Old Navy carried this same style of compression pant in a bootcut yoga pant. They have these pants...but that's not really what I am looking for. Where's your favorite pair of black yoga pants from?? I tried on a pair at Target I liked...but the material is a little shiny and I don't really care for that. I tried a pair of bootcut yoga pants by Zella a couple years ago and did not care for them- they fit me weird! I might just end up ordering the Old Navy pants and seeing if I like them...but I would love to know if you have any recommendations! 
//FIVE//
As always...SUPER excited for the weekend. While we always stay very busy and the kids have NO concept of sleeping in (HA!)- it is the BEST to get a few days off of our regular work/school schedule. PS- I have been daydreaming about summer break SO much lately! I can't wait for lazy summer days filled with the pool, picnics and having nowhere to be!!! 
But for now- I am grateful it's Friday :) Celine, James, Marshall and I will be going to the YMCA this morning. They will play while I swim laps and then we are headed to get our groceries from Aldi. I am having a 31 party with a teacher from the girls' school next week- so I am going to go set up all of my 31 bags in the teacher's lounge after school today. 
A busy but fun day!
Hope you have the BEST day and a WONDERFUL weekend!

I am linking up with Andrea and Erika for their Friday Favorites Link Up!

 I am also linking up with April for Five on Friday!

 Joining Karli for her, Oh Hey Friday Link Up! too!


And lastly, linking up with KatieTifDella & Caitlin for High Five for Friday!

Comments

  1. I know how you love your Walmart finds (you and me both;)), so this will come as no surprise... I LOVE the Danskin brand semi-fitted black yoga longpants I got there. I did get them last year but I'm sure it's a staple item! And they're like $12!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, looks like you had such an awesome time with your girls! I'll have to check out those leggings, they sound perfect. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where was your tiara? ;) I love how you set aside special time for just you & the girls! Just wait til Aaron has guy days with the little boys! Aww!

    Can't wait to see more updates on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Starbucks and Mommy/Daughter dates!
    Eeek. The start of your house!!!
    Those St. Patrick's Day pictures are the cutest!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you treated the girls to Starbucks =) I bet they absolutely loved it!!
    I am beyond excited for you and your new house!! Soooo excited! I can't wait to see the final outcome!
    And really what a great idea to have them draw you St Patricks day pictures. They came out so cute!
    Did you find any Rae Dunn at either Homegoods or TJ Maxx?

    I hope you guys have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time you have a girl's day CALL ME! I want to tag along for delicious drinks, TJ and Homegoods :) Love your St. Patrick's Day shelves. I hate that you had such a hard time finding cute St. Pat's decor. Several people emailed me asking where to find cute things this year. I LOVE that Aaron's partner is sending you house pictures. That seriously made me tear up! What a thoughtful way to get you excited about your new house in your new city!! I know it's intimidating moving to a new place, but things like this make all the difference in making a place feel like home. Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls getaway sounds so cute! I am headed to Target/Home Goods shortly and hope to find some goodies. =0) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun girls day! Kinda jealous!! #boymom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE your impromptu st. patty's decor by the girls!! I'll have to do this one day!Can't wait to see your new house progress - it's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago, but I just love reading it! Have a great weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts