Friday Favorites!

Hi! It's Friday! Did you have a good week??
Our week has been all about Vacation Bible School and the pool.  That pretty much sums up our week :)  
As I was uploading my pictures for this post, I started to think how much I enjoy writing about my "Friday Favorites." Even if I think we haven't done much or it has been a fairly "boring" week, I always look back and think- "Wow! We had a lot of fun!"  It is just a great reflection for me and a wonderful way to be thankful for the littlest things and moments in life! :)

Here are my FAVORITES from this past week!

ONE
While I was home last week, my mom gave me an antique metal tray.  I had Aaron spray paint it for me and now it is sitting in the middle of our kitchen table!  I LOVE it!  I am keeping it stocked with napkins, forks and spoons so that the girls have everything they need, ready to go, when I ask them to set the table for dinner.  Functional and totally cute- definitely a new FAVORITE of mine!  PS- I sent my mom this picture to show her how cute her old tray turned out and responded by saying, "I want it back!" HA! :)
TWO
Even with 4 kids and several years of parenting under our belts, Aaron and I are still figuring out what works best for our kids on a CONSTANT basis :)  Dinner time has historically been pretty special and involved a lot of whining and even some tears- not the best time of day for our kids.  Well...we pushed up the time we eat from 6:00 pm to 5:30 pm (SO thankful Aaron's current schedule allows this!) and it has made SUCH a difference.  Everyone is happily eating their dinner, no meltdowns and the best part- we have time after dinner to play!  We are either taking a family walk or going out in our backyard.  Last night we were in the back yard, blasting our Vacation Bible School CD and swinging. It was the perfect summer night! My youngest daughter hopped on my lap and we did some tandem swinging together and she was SO tickled by it!  She was hysterically laughing....which made me laugh!! Pardon our super squinty eyes in the picture...but we were having too much fun not to document it! :) Totally a FAVORITE moment of mine this week!
THREE
Confession: My husband and I are pretty big dorks. One of our favorite things to do before bed is watch an episode of House Hunters or Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the computer.  This past week we have been watching multiple episodes of the Triple D and I just love it! Guy Fieri is HYSTERICAL and my husband cracks me up with how excited he gets about the food they are making on the show. Hands down, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is one of my FAVORITE shows to watch! :)
FOUR
I am that girl that needs a sweet treat after dinner.  I don't know what it is- but I just need something!! I had my husband pick me up some of these Outshine Fruit Bars last week so I could have one every night after dinner and I am embarrassed to say they were gone in like 4 days! HA! They are SO good. Seriously the perfect summer treat- and totally guilt-free! 2 of my 3 girls also loved them!  Definitely one of my FAVORITE food items!!
FIVE
As I mentioned before, we have been going to Vacation Bible School all week. Charlotte has been with the "school-age" kids and Celine and Cora have been with the preschool age kids. James and I have been in the nursery, where I have been volunteering. We have had such a great week and I am so proud of my crew!!
I was telling Aaron the other day..."I know this might sound weird-but I am totally obsessed with our kids!" HA! And he responded and said, "I get that. I am too." HA! A man of many words, that husband of mine.
 Love these 3 girls and 1 little guy so much- they are always my FAVORITES!
Here's to an awesome Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead!!

I am linking up with Andrea and Erika for their Friday Favorites Link Up!

 I am also linking up with April for Five on Friday!

Joining Karli for her, Oh Hey Friday Link Up! too!


Comments

  1. How do you make sure to get dinner on the table so early as a busy mama of multiple kids? I feel like I'm struggling to get dinner by 630 and I only have 2 babies! Tell me all your secrets!! ;) we love those Outshine bars as a sweet snack at night too! I love when my hubby gets excited to watch Food Network with me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda!! Love that we aren't the only couple that loves the Food Network-HA! Hope you had a great weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Love the way your tray turned out! Such a cute photo of you all at VBS!
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsey!! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! I love my new tray too...and it is especially fun it used to be my mom's!!

      Delete
  3. You have the sweetest family!!!! I LOVE those outshine bars too! They are the best!!! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katelyn!! Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment!! :)

      Delete
  4. We love those bars too. And the Everest VBS! Have you ever written about your transition from 3-4 kids?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Friday Favorites and what a delightful post! Such precious kiddos and looks like you all know how to have a good time. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best.Photo.Ever! Love that you worked out a good dinner schedule for your crew. Sounds like you've had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy!! Thanks for stopping by!! Yes- a new dinner routine that decreases whining is worth its wait in gold, right?!?

      Delete
  7. I love Outshine popsicles. They have a peach flavored one that is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela! I have never seen the peach favor- but I am going to be on the lookout for them now!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts