A Big Helper for Packing School Lunches!

All of my girls are officially back to school- so that means I am back to packing lunches 5 days a week!

When I started packing lunches for my girls last school year, I would use a TON of separate 
Ziploc baggies and I just really didn't like all the waste and time it took to fill up each little baggie!! I did a little searching and found Easy Lunchbox Containers, promptly ordered them (from Amazon:) and have been a happy lunch maker ever since!!

I got a set of 4 containers for just under $14.  Which comes out to $3.50 a container (whoa Justine- you are such a mathematician- HA!)  I think that is SUCH a good deal for how sturdy and high quality these containers are!  A few things I loved about them right away were that they are microwave and dishwasher safe, BPA free and they fit perfectly into my daughter's lunch boxes!
So this is how I set up my girls' lunch boxes when I am getting ready to pack them for the next day.  As long as everyone is happy and entertained, I try to pack lunches within 10 minutes of us getting home from school.  If I don't do it then, I won't have time again until after the kids are in bed- and I usually don't feel like doing much of ANYTHING at that point! HA!
And here they are all filled up!  Please- don't be jealous of my amazing iPhone photography- HA!  As you can see- the 3 compartments are really generously sized and there is plenty of room!  Charlotte's lunch box is the one on the far left- she takes a snack to school + a drink, so those items get packed in a different compartment of her lunch box.
Lunches are packed and ready to go! I love how everything has a place in the easy lunchbox instead of a bunch of separate baggies/containers just floating around in their lunch box.
They stack up so nicely!  Not only do I love using the easy lunchbox containers in my girls lunch boxes- but they are great for traveling, picnics, lunch at the pool, and meals for your baby/toddler if they go to daycare. I personally use them when I need to pack food if we are going to be out for a long time!  One of my favorite things to do is pack fruit in the medium compartment, a bunch of veggies in the big compartment and hummus is the smallest compartment! 
In case you were wondering- here is what they look like up close!
And with the lid on! 
There are definitely other "compartment" style containers you can get at Walmart or Target for a cheaper price- but I really think they are worth the little extra money!

I love finding products that make my life easier!! 
These containers are definitely one of them!!
What do you use to pack lunches?  Do you think you might like these containers?

Hope you have the best day!!

(P.S.- I always feel silly saying this- but because this post sounds eerily like an infomercial- HA- I just wanted to let you know- it is NOT sponsored.  I just really think these containers are great and they really have made a task I do every day- easier!)

Comments

  1. I like these containers! I don't pack Emma's lunch every day because she does like to eat the school lunch somedays. But when I do pack her lunch, I have a bento box that I got from Pottery Barn a couple of years ago. I remember it being kind of pricey, but at the time I only had to buy one. Now that Alyx is here, when she is a little bigger i'll have to find one for her too =) I'm always looking for new ideas on what to pack in the lunches...so I think you should do an entire post on different lunch options that you pack your girls =) Happy Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johannah!! You have to get these containers!! I also checked out the pottery barn bento boxes- but didn't really care for the price- considering I had to buy three! :) These are such a great option- 4 for almost the price of 1 pottery barn container!! And you are SO sweet to say I should do a post on what I pack my girls...but I think you would be disappointed- their lunches are bbooorrrriinnng!! HA! Hope you have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhh I LOVE the organization!!! We do the sandwich bags and it seems like such a waste- I need to find this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh! You will LOVE these containers!! Amazon has them!! Got get some!! :) Hope you have a great day!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts