Weekly Walmart Finds: Beauty Products on a Budget!

Hi!! Happy Middle of the Week!  So, when we were at Walmart this past weekend, picking up a few odds and ends, I got drawn into the beauty section, specifically, all the facial care items.  And while I was looking at different moisturizers and serums , I saw tucked in right by the brand name items, were Equate items!! For those of you who aren't big Walmart shoppers, Equate is Walmart's exclusive brand.  The products are meant to be almost exactly like the brand name item- but for a much lower price.
Anyway- I was totally intrigued by some of the Equate products, so I when I got home, I went to Walmart.com and looked up some of the things I saw in the store- and ladies- guess what?!? These products have AWESOME reviews!  Most of the Equate beauty products had 4-5 star ratings and the majority of people commented that they couldn't tell the difference between the name brand and Equate brand! YAY! 

Here are the Equate beauty products I found that I thought were worth mentioning!

This is budget version of Clearsil Daily Face Wash- which is $7.99. The Equate version is $2.76!!

Next up is the Equate version of Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream.  SO many great reviews for this cream!! The price for this cream is $14.27! The name brand price for this is $19.99.


Okay- for all of you Clinique gals out there- these next few products are for you!
There is an Equate version of the Clinique Clarifying Toner!!  And again- great reviews on this product and it is only $8.96!  I have never used a toner- have you?? Should I be using one?  I definitely will at this price! :)


I have never used a serum before, but I keep reading about how beneficial they are for your skin...especially for those of us, ahem, who are NOT in our twenties anymore :)  This serum is the Equate version of Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus Serum.  Walmart's price is $14.88 and they also have several other Equate versions of serums you can check out here, here and here!



I know so many loyal Clinique users love their face wash.  Well there is an Equate version of it- with awesome reviews- for $7.96!


Do you use a dark spot correcting cream?  If you do- Walmart has a version just like Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector- and it is $16.87!
Even though summer is ending, it doesn't mean we should stop wearing sunscreen.  My husband just recently went in for his yearly physical and his doctor said that the 3 things he tells his healthy patients to do- if they want to stay healthy- is to: 1) Do some form of cardio several times a week, 2) Eat healthy foods and maintain a healthy weight and 3) WEAR SUNSCREEN!  Neutrogena is always a top ranked brand for sunscreens...but man- they can sure be pricey!  I was so excited to see this Equate version of Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen for only $3.47!  There is also a 70 SPF version for $5.47!


Here is the first of two items I ended up getting when we were at Walmart.
The first one is the Equate version of St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub.  I couldn't find this on Walmart's website- but it was right next to the St. Ives scrub at my store.  It was only $1.97! I have used it and it is EXACTLY like the St. Ives kind.  I use it every other day with my Clarisonic to help with some extra exfoliation.  The biggest thing that I liked is that it felt very exfoliating, but when I was done washing my face- it also felt very moisturized and not dried out at all!
I got this face wash to use on the days I don't use my " facial scrub."  Again, I use it with my Clarisonic and just loved the way my skin felt after I used it!! SO clean, smooth and hydrated!  This cleanser was $3.97!  I also couldn't find this one on the Walmart website but you would most likely find it right by the Olay Regenerist products!

So...what are your thoughts on using NON name brand?  I know for some people, it is just not their thing- which I totally get!  
For me- since my "beauty" budget is very small, I am willing to try out store brands, so that I can use a name brand product- but not at a name brand price.  I know everyone's experiences are different- but for me- I have never had a problem returning an item that I did not like to Walmart.  I always keep my receipt and the packaging and am just honest when I return it.  I, of course, don't go using the whole product before I return it, but I try it out a couple of times and then if it isn't going to work for me- back to the store it goes!

I would love to know if you would try any of these products?,!  Or do you already use any of them??  If you know of any great "budget" beauty items- send them my way!! 

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Comments

  1. I use the St Ives "Fresh Skin" apricot scrub, and I love it!! The next time I am at WalMart i'm going to pick up their version and give it a try. I use the apricot scrub usually every other day and then the other days I use Clean & Clear morning burst skin brightening face cleanser. I may have to see if WalMart has that in equate too =) I tend to by the name brand, because well honestly i've never really known if the store brand was the same or not. Now that you've posted about this, i'm going to try more store name brands! =) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Johannah! So glad you enjoyed this post!! I have used a few "store brand" products that I haven't liked- but almost all of the time- I am can't tell a difference! I hope you find the Equate version of your clean and clear face wash- and let me know what you think!!

      Delete
  2. I have used lots of Equate beauty products. I'm always pleased. I definitely want to try the Equate Clinique products, especially the serum and dark spot corrector. Have you tried the Walmart Beauty box? It is $5 and they mail you various samples. I just got one in the mail and it had great products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya! I had NO idea about the Walmart beauty box!! I am SO intrigued!! How fun would that be to gift that subscription to my mom and sister too!! I am totally looking into it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I definitely will use non-name brand products, especially if they are dupes for higher-end ones! I'm going to check out some of these the next time I'm at Walmart! Thanks for the recs!
    The Busy Brunette
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! So excited you are going to check out Walmart's beauty products!! I think it is so fun to find items that work really well- but don't break the bank!! Let me know if you try anything out and what you think! :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Justine, awesome post. You know I love a good beauty product review, and I love saving money too! I want to try the apricot scrub with my Clarisonic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading about your Walmart finds! I am especially excited about that sunscreen! That is the only kind my husband will wear and we go through so much it will be nice to be able to save some money on this item. And Walmart has products similar to Clinique - This is so exciting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle! I was so excited to find that sunscreen too!! And I know- who would have thought they carry products that are similar versions of Clinique?!? Just another reason I big puffy heart Walmart! HA! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts