A Quick Tip on Tuesday!

Hi!! Hope you have had a great start to your week!
Sooo...last Friday I wrote about getting a chalk pen and loving it!  Several of you commented, saying you were worried the chalk pen would stain your chalk board.  A couple of you asked how I clean my chalk pen off of my chalkboard??  Well I replied back to everyone in the comments- but thought I would post it here too...only because it is like the simplest thing ever and it works! :) I use baby wipes to clean my chalk pen off of my chalkboard!! I KNOW. Please don't think I am a big weirdo...but the baby wipes really do work SO well!  
So here is the chalk pen I use- I got it from Hobby Lobby and Laura mentioned in the comments section she got her chalk pen from Walmart!  
So here is my chalkboard sign.  I really used my chalk pen making this sign- I went over each of the letters several times because I wanted them to stand out.  So- there is definitely a lot of chalk pen on the chalk board.  Also- this particular message had been on the chalk board for about 4 days- so it definitely had some time to "set in."  
(Please don't judge my handiwork- HA! I have a loonnngg way to go when it comes to my chalk pen penmanship!!)
So I used two baby wipes to clean this particular chalk board.  After using the first baby wipe, you can see that there was still some writing on the board and it wasn't totally clean.
I took a second baby wipe and firmly wiped the board down again.  I definitely had to use a little elbow grease to get all the words completely erased!
Here is what the chalk board looked like after using the second baby wipe!
I tried to take an up close, angled shot to show you that all the words totally got erased and there wasn't even a "shadow" of what was previously written.  Do you know what I am talking about?!

So there you have it! My super technical method for cleaning my chalkboards! HA!
Now- since I am NOT a crafter- I am probably totally breaking some rule and it could not be the best thing for your chalkboard to be cleaning it with baby wipes.  I personally don't care! HA!  But- if you're chalkboard is VERY special to you or it is an antique- you might want to do a little further research to see if baby wipes are an acceptable way to clean it.
I know some of you might not have baby wipes readily available at your house...but you can pick up a small pack to have on hand just for when you clean your chalk board.  I tell you what- baby wipes are one of my FAVORITE household items :)  I have been known to get finger prints off my fridge with them and totally use them to do quick wipe downs of our half bathroom that we have on our first floor!  They can do so much more than just clean cute little babies' bottoms! :)

Do you have a specific method for cleaning your chalk board?? 
And please tell me I am not the only one who uses baby wipes for EVERYTHING!?! HA!

Have a fabulous day!!


Comments

  1. I don't have a lot of chalk boards in our house (although I am planning on getting a big one for our kitchen) the ones I do have are small and are on our Sugar jar and Dog Treat Jar. I tried the baby wipe method last night to clean them both off...and it WORKED! Thanks for sharing this tip!!! =) Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad to hear it Johannah! I am telling you- those baby wipes are HANDY!! :)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!! Going to Walmart this week to search for a chalk pen for our back to school board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Hope you have luck finding your chalk pen at Walmart!! Such a fun idea to have a "back to school" chalk board!! :)

      Delete
  3. Okay, I am trusting you!!! Going to test mine out and see if it works the same!! I like my board, but could easily replace if it doesn't work, so I am throwing caution to the wind!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh! You have me all nervous- hahaha! I seriously hope the baby wipe trick works as well for you as it does for me! Let me know!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts