Tuesday Talk!

Hi!!
Happy Tuesday!! Hope your week is off to a great start! The temperatures were in the 60's here yesterday and from the minute the kids got home from school until it was bath time (we did drag them in for dinner :) - they were playing outside! And I can't tell you how glorious it was to have our sliding glass door open and to hear the squeals of my kids as they happily ran around our back yard. I am telling you- sunshine and warm temperatures are MAGIC!
Sooo...I have just a "little bit of this" and a "little bit of that" to share today :)
For starters- I picked up a few new cosmetics yesterday when I was in Walmart and I am excited to try them out! When my friend Michaela was here this past weekend, we went to Ulta and walked around, just looking at ALL THE FABULOUS THINGS :) I told her- I am not a shoes or clothes girl- but man can I spend some money on makeup :)  Well- reality is that my "beauty budget" is quite teeny tiny, so while I thoroughly enjoyed pursuing the aisles of Ulta- Walmart is where I do most of my shopping for makeup.
I have tried a couple things from the E.L.F. Cosmetics line in the past- and have been really pleased! So yesterday- I picked up their Hydrating Face Primer, Volume Plumping Mascara and Kohl Eyeliner. The face primer is top rated and I know of a few other people who use it and love it- so I am really excited to see how I like it! I am ALWAYS trying out new mascara- and am anxious to see if I like this specific kind of mascara!! At $3- I figured I wasn't taking a big risk to try it! HA!
Do you use any products by E.L.F.?? Thoughts on them? Any other products I should test out?? I LOVE talking all things beauty- so your suggestions are always welcome!!

For a person who does NOT really like watching movies...I have been on quite the movie watching kick lately!! And I am feeling pretty proud of myself for it- especially since my husband really likes to watch them and I know he enjoys renting a movie on the weekend :) 
In the past month I have seen The Martian and The Intern- LOVED both of them and if you haven't seen them- make plans to rent one of them this upcoming weekend!
This past weekend we rented Spy and it was so FUNNY! I absolutely adore Melissa McCarthy. I think she is hysterical!!! (And fun fact- did you know she has a really cute clothing line on Home Shopping Network?? I love watching her when she is on HSN because she is just so fun!!) Obviously- this movie is a comedy- definitely don't rent it if you are looking for something that is going to make you "think." HA! 
I will say there is quite a bit of "language" in the movie- but other than that- it is just a funny movie with a pretty good twist in the plot!  

And finally- I am curious- do you have a "cleaning routine?" Mine is ALWAYS changing. I definitely do some form of cleaning/laundry/house tidying every day- but I don't necessarily have a set routine. I just started reading Clean Mama's blog and WOW. does she have a system DOWN. I really like how she has set up her cleaning into daily tasks- and she has a really efficient system for how she gets it all done. Her blog is FILLED with awesome ideas, resources and she has a "Printables" tab filled with free checklists, calendars, etc that you can print to help you get organized.  
As I get more pregnant (AKA start to move around at a snail's pace) and James gets more CRAZY (I seriously cannot take my eyes off of him for more than 2 seconds before he is scaling a piece of furniture or climbing on a chair onto the counter to get to the knives- insert wide eyed emoticon here! HA!) I am having to adjust what I can do around the house. What seems to be working for me currently is making sure at least one load of laundry gets washed, dried AND put away and I get one other "cleaning task" done. Yesterday- I changed our master bedroom sheets, did a load of laundry and cleaned our master bathroom. I was able to get all of this done pretty easily while James played legos in the playroom- but I had to move FAST- HA! Gone are the days where I can power clean for a couple hours and just get everything done at once!  What about you? How do you stay on top of all the cleaning that needs to get done at your house? 

Annnddd.... that's all I have for now :)  Hope you have the BEST day today!!!
 Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram
Michelle at Grammie Time | Pinterest | Instagram  
Whitney at Polka Dotty Place | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram 



Comments

  1. elf products...I have loved most of them that I've tried! My absolute favorites right now are the high definition loose powder in sheer and the bb cream for a very light foundation. I love that you can try it for only a few dollars. If you don't like it, it's not that big of a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw the Martian over the weekend too, we loved it! And I Love the Intern, I might have a cried a little. I'm such a baby:) Stopping by from Tuesday Talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed a glimpse into your blessed life. :-)

    I've heard great things about Elf products. I'd be curious about the face primer.

    I love Melissa McCarthy. I always say she could read the phone book out loud and it would be hilarious!

    It was such a treat to stop by your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen! Thank you so much for your kind comments!! Today was the first time I used the face primer- but I really liked it!! I will be sure to give an update on the products I trying out and what I think about them! And Melissa McCarthy is just SO. FUNNY. I totally agree with you on her making the phone book sound funny!! Thanks again for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. I love Elf products! My favorite right now is a pressed powder bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ELF make-up, too! My current favorite is their blush set that comes with three blush options and a contouring color. It's a great set and I think it's either $4 or $6. I'm curious about their mascara so let us know what you think. I'm with you on the cleaning routine - definitely do some every day, but not a real schedule. I do laundry regularly, dishes daily and then we tidy up every day. I vaccum every few days and need to be better about washing our sheets. It's just so much work so maybe if I made a schedule it would happen more :) I'm over here moving at a snail's pace right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to try out this primer, I have read so many rave reviews. Hope y'all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts