My Patriotic Front Door Summer Wreath!

 Hi! Happy Tuesday!! Hope your week is off to a great start!

Sooo...I am just about the least crafty person alive.
I feel l can decorate pretty well.
I can come up with some pretty good ideas- in regard to home projects/decor.
Actually creating stuff..um. yeah. Not my strong suit!

That's why I was SO excited when I made my first ever burlap wreath for my front door!
The internet is awesome and by watching a couple videos and reading some blog posts..I was able to say I MADE something! Ha!

Here's how I made my wreath!
First, I watched this awesome You Tube video showing how to make a burlap wreath- its only two minutes long..which I love because nobody has time for a 15 minute video- HA!

Then I found a written tutorial I liked. There are a TON of blog posts out there showing you how to make a burlap wreath...this is the one I used: The Easiest Burlap Wreath You Will Ever Make! The key word for me was EASIEST- ha!
Once I got my wreath made, I followed this tutorial to make the big American flag bow!
I think I only messed up about 3 times before I got it looking the way I wanted! Ha!
Before I attached the bow, I just randomly shoved in some white artificial flowers I had into one side of the wreath and then secured the flowers and the bow to the wreath with thin floral wire.  Aaron made me the 'L' but you can get big letters similar to mine at Walmart (in the craft section) or at Hobby Lobby AKA The Happiest Place on Earth. Ha!
And there you have it! A cute, simple summer wreath for the front door!
Since I had so much success making this burlap wreath, I made another one and I use it to decorate for fall and winter. I don't attach anything to it permanently, so I am able to re-use it for each season, using different little accents that go with the particular season!
I would love to know- did you get the crafty gene?? 
Or are you more like me and rely on the crafty geniuses that post their tutorials on 
Pinterest?! HA!
If you enjoy making things, what is one of your favorite crafts/projects you have made??

Linking up with these FABULOUS ladies today:

 Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram
Michelle at Grammie Time | Pinterest | Instagram  
Whitney at Polka Dotty Place | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram 

Comments

  1. Oh I love! I actually love everything about your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job!!! Love your front porch! Did you paint your American flag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!! My husband made and painted the flag for me!! :)

      Delete
  3. I really don't have the crafting gene either - in fact I thought yesterday I bet my neighbors are tired of the same wreath that has been on my door for almost a year!!! Gotta get with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is darling!!! As is your entire front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing!! What a cheerful front porch you have :) My mom is VERY crafty so I grew up doing crafty things. My dad did all kinds of wood working projects and she painted them, made wreaths and tons of things for every holiday. So I'd say I'm fairly crafty. I enjoy doing it and love making wreaths for my door, making holiday decor, paper crafts and some DIYs. I think we'll be moving around July 4th so I'm not decorating for it this year. My sights are set on decorations for August. Love your wreath and I'm thinking I could handle it since you made it sound so doable. I also love it when I find a youtuber that can share their whole message quickly instead of drawing things out for 20-30 minutes. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your front porch! I like to th9no I'm crafty, but my projects never work out. Where did you get the bench?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie! My wonderful husband made me that bench for Mother's Day last year!

      Delete
  7. You did a really good job in designing your first wreath. I would never know it was your first time making a wreath if I hadn’t read your blog. I like the idea of using accents you can change throughout the year. I’m indecisive and my wife is crafty, so I am sure we would want to change it up every season.

    Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts