Hello Monday: Thoughts and Goals for the New Week!

Hi!! Happy Monday!!!

How was your weekend??

Our's was good. FULL and fun and everything in between...as it always is when we try to jam pack A LOT of life into 2 days all together as a family!

Aaron and I start off every morning in our sunroom with coffee, prayers and our bibles. He took this amazing picture of the sunrise on Saturday morning and it still has me in awe!! I am SO grateful the for INCREDIBLE sunrises we see every morning!!
 We finally got a taste of some fall weather on Saturday and we were ALL ABOUT IT! The kids all wanted to wear their festive Halloween clothes and I was not mad about wearing a long sleeve top and a fun vest I just got from Zulily!
We went out for breakfast and then headed to a local nursery to get some trees for our backyard. I could have spent HOURS walking around this nursery! It was so beautiful! You would NEVER know how expansive it is by looking at the entrance of it! We had SO much fun wandering around and we ended up taking home 4 trees to plant in our backyard!
Sunday morning, BRIGHT AND EARLY, we were out of the house for our annual family pictures. We went to church after that and by the time we had gotten home and eaten lunch, I felt like I had run a marathon. HA! 

I got lunches organized for the week, made my kids their favorite after school treat (honey nut cheerio bars) and we ended our day by having dinner and ice cream sundaes (our Sunday tradition) outside on the patio. It definitely felt like a looonnnggg day...but it was a good one :)

And now it's Monday.
I don't know about you- but I LOVE to start the week off with a set of goals. 
I feel like every Monday is kind of a mini New Year. HA!
Here's what I am working on this week:

1) Being more focused on my nutrition. Exercising every day is NOT a problem for me. Getting lazy with my eating choices- especially when I am tired and cranky and a big spoonful of peanut butter and chocolate chips sounds really good- is something I am really needing to work on. 
My goal is to have a meal plan (it will be flexible and I can for sure change up what I eat if I am not feeling what I have planned out) for each day. I do so much better when I know what I plan to eat for each meal AND for my snacks. And when I say I do "so much better"- I not only mean my pants fit better (HA!)- I feel SO much better mentally and am such a better mom/wife/person when I am taking care of myself through making healthy food choices!

If your curious- here's what I have planned for today:
Breakfast- 3 egg white/spinach/mushroom "muffins"
Lunch: turkey and lettuce wrap and carrots/cucumbers
Dinner: Veggie burger/steamed cauliflower/sweet potato fries
Snacks: muffin + hard boiled egg
pumpkin pie protein smoothie

I may or may not eat all of this food- but I feel good knowing I have a plan IF I am hungry enough to want/need all this food!

2) Get at least 10 pages in Marshall's photo book done. UGH. I am ALWAYS behind on the kids' yearly photo books! I MUST make some head way! HA!

3) End each day of this week with no laundry in the dryer or laundry basket. I have NOT been staying on top of the laundry lately and it is bugging me!! I am just being lazy! No excuses!

4) Send 3 notes of encouragement to friends via snail mail!

5) Go to bed by 10:30 pm every night. This one is going to be a challenge! But I know I need more sleep. HA! Gotta make this one happen.
Loved this quote SO much. I can 100% agree with this. Consistency is the KEY to anything and everything. The fruits of your labor will not immediately show up and you cannot expect the "roots" of your habits or efforts to grow big and strong if you don't put in the effort-do the work- every.single.day. Your best may look different on some days due to life circumstances- but that doesn't mean you can't give all that you've got- EVERY day.
I am totally preaching to myself right now :)

I'd love to know...do you start off your week with fresh goals? What are some of them?? Share them in the comments! I would love to encourage you and cheer you on! We are in this journey of life together :)

Hope you have the BEST Monday!!
Linking up with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay!


Comments

  1. Oh my gosh - love that the kids wanted to be festive as well! That's such a great photo of you all! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start each week with a new page in a spiral notebook I keep on my desk. I make a to do list for the week, including chores I need to tackle. I make a section titled WALK and try to get as many "check" in that section as possible. Gorgeous sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are spot on with consistency, it makes for a most productive life. So enjoyed this entry and that beautiful sunrise was just that, beautiful! Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your goals! I like your idea to set weekly goals. I haven't done that before. I'm currently working on making healthy choices all throughout the day and getting some exercise every day. I've been working on this goal since summer and it's going pretty well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts