What's Up Wednesday!

So...it is the last Wednesday of the month (how is that even possible?!?!)...which means it is time for a What's Up Wednesday Post!  I am excited to be joining Shay and Sheaffer for their super fun link up party today!
What we're eating this week...As always- our menu for the week is all about SIMPLE and EASY meals. 
Here's what our family will be eating this week!

MONDAY: Chicken strips, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli
TUESDAY: Shredded chicken tacos, refried beans and corn
WEDNESDAY: Cheeseburgers, chips and green beans
THURSDAY: Grilled cheese and potato corn chowder
FRIDAY: Pizza!!
SATURDAY: Dinner out- our friend is visiting!
SUNDAY: Skinnytaste Chicken Enchiladas, black beans and side salads- you can find the recipe HERE!

What I'm reminiscing about...
This time, FOUR years ago, we were announced we were expecting our fifth baby!! FOUR YEARS ago. WOW. Seriously feels like yesterday!!! SUCH a FUN memory!!!! I LOVED taking these pictures!!

What I am loving....I recently got some of Tarte's Shape Tape Concealer and it is GOOD. It definitely lives up to all of the hype and the crazy amazing reviews it has!!!!
A little goes a LONG way and it lasts all day. I can really notice a difference when I use and when I don't!! It's definitely not cheap ($27)- but SO worth it in my opinion!!!
What we've been up to...enjoying the beautiful fall weather and doing lots of hiking!!

This past weekend we drove about an hour north of us and went to Medoc State Park- it was GORGEOUS!
 We have an amazing nature center about 15 minutes from us and I love taking the kids there to hike!
 LOVE this crew!! Thankful they love to be outside as much as I do!
What I'm dreading...in the most cheerful, joyful way..I am kind of dreading dragging out all of our Christmas decor. HA! I like to get the house decorated by mid-November and while I LOVE having all of our decorations up- the actual decorating process is not my favorite. HA!

What I'm working on...learning how to play tennis!!! I just completed a 6 week "Try Tennis" course where you are taught the basics of tennis. Now, we are doing a course called "Try Play," where we are actually PLAYING! We are playing doubles and it is an absolutely BLAST. I am terrible and still have so much to learn- but I am loving it!! I play with the nicest ladies who are all learning too and it's just a great, supportive environment!!
What I am watching/reading...we are so happy the "Chicago" shows are back in full swing! We also love Blue Bloods!! And I ALWAYS love watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!! I am not currently reading anything- but I am planning on getting to the library soon and stocking up on some books. Reading is not something that I find easy to do in this season of life...but it's something I really enjoy doing if I find the right book! I am AMAZED by the people who read MULTIPLE books a month. I always think I am going to read once I get in bed and about 2 seconds in the reading, I have passed out. HA!

A couple of years ago I read the first two books from Elin Hilderbrand's Winter Stroll series. I want to read the last two she has written- so that is what I will be looking for when I go to the library!

What I am listening to...Needtobreathe on Pandora! Hands down my favorite station! The kids and I always listen to K-Love (Christian radio station) when we are driving around town. My current favorite song is "Reason" by Unspoken. The lyrics speak to STRAIGHT to my heart! 
What I'm wearing...I have been wearing jeans and short sleeve tops mostly!! The weather is just finally starting to cool down here in Eastern North Carolina!!
Here's a few items in my closet that have been on major repeat lately!!

Super cute top from Loft, jeans from Walmart, waffle tunic top from Walmart, jeans from Target and this cute pumpkin t-shirt from an online boutique called Peach Marketplace!
What I'm doing this weekend...Our friend Michaela is coming to visit us!! I met Michaela when I moved to Chicago back in 2004 and we were roommates for 2 years! One random weekend in February 2006, we took a trip together to Austin and almost immediately upon arriving, I knew I wanted to move there! I moved to Austin in June 2006 and then she decided to join me- so we were roomies in Austin for a year! It was SO fun.
She has since moved back to Chicago where she now owns a gorgeous condo- but we've always kept in touch!! We haven't seen each other in a few years- but I know we are going to have the BEST time and it's going to feel like no time has passed at all!!

What I'm looking forward to next month...Can I be vulnerable for a minute and just share that I am actually not looking forward to Thanksgiving or much about this upcoming month? This will be the first Thanksgiving we have not traveled back to Illinois to my mom's house and this is the first Thanksgiving without my dad. Right now- all I am thinking about is how last November he wasn't doing well- but he was still HERE. And now he is not. Grief is hard and the reality of losing someone that was so BIG and SPECIAL in your life creates an ache that just doesn't go away. I am not sure what we will be doing for Thanksgiving but I am thankful I will be with my precious kiddos and amazing husband. 
The details don't really matter to me :)

What else is new...nothing! :) Life is FULL, slightly chaotic and FUN!

Hope you have the most WONDERFUL Wednesday!!

Comments

  1. The holidays are always the hardest when you are missing someone you love or sure! My dad has been gone for 15 years and still when Christmas gets close I get into a slump and sometimes it takes me just a bit before I realize it's the grief. Have a fun weekend with your friend! I'm meeting up with some blog besties for a long weekend in Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this will be a tough holiday season for you...hang in there. Your kids will keep you busy and I'm sure that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all the fall hiking photos I'm seeing on the What's Up Wednesday posts today. I think we've missed our window here as they are calling for SNOW on Friday. Ugh.

    And I will be praying for you in this upcoming holiday season. I'm sorry that your dad isn't here anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were both announcing our pregnancies with Fletcher & Marshall at the same time! Such fun memories! Your hiking pictures have looked so sweet. I can't believe how tall Charlotte is getting! Everyone is looking so grown up. I have heard great things about that concealer. I need to check it out. Thinking of you as Thanksgiving is approaching. Praying for you as you establish new traditions, honor sweet memories of your dad and enjoy a season of thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying Justine.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts