Tuesday Talk: A Quick Breakfast Idea!

Happy Tuesday friends!!

I sure hope your week is off to a great start!!!

I wanted to share a QUICK little breakfast idea with you today. 
I am not an "eat as soon as you wake up" type of person. I usually eat anywhere between 10:00 - 11:00 am. I typically am never home during that time of day- so I decided instead of making my breakfast every morning (when it is crazy and I am trying to get my husband and 5 kiddos out the door on time), I needed to be a little more efficient and prep my breakfast ahead of time!

This is NOT an original idea and I am sure you can find exact recipe by googling "egg white muffins." I just wanted to share how I literally threw a couple ingredients together with what I had in my fridge and in a matter of 25 minutes- breakfast for 4 mornings was DONE!

I started by chopping up some fresh spinach!
I then diced up some fresh mushrooms and 2 turkey sausage patties. We like the Butterball Natural Inspirations Turkey Breakfast Sausage!
I sauted the spinach, mushrooms and sausage all together and seasoned it with some salt and pepper for about 5 minutes
I am kind of weird about eggs. HA! I love having a hard boiled egg for a snack- but I do NOT like egg yolks in my scrambled eggs. I know. I am weird. HA!
So- I get these cage free egg whites from Walmart so I don't have to waste a bunch of egg yolks when I make scrambled eggs whites!

Okay- back to the egg white muffins :)
After the veggies and sausage had sauted for about 5 minutes, I put a little bit of the mixture into a muffin tin, that I sprayed generously with olive oil spray.
Then, I poured the egg whites over the mixture, filling the muffin compartment about 2/3 of the way full. I added just a dash more salt and pepper and then baked them at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes!
Here's the finished product! 
So easy and so good!

What I loved about these is that the possibilities are endless in what you can put into them. Bacon and mushrooms sounds delicious. You could do mushrooms, diced ham and green peppers! So many options!
I am dairy free- so I don't eat cheese- but obviously a little bit of cheese would be SO yummy!
I have been eating 3 of these muffins for breakfast and they are the perfect amount of food for me. I am not a heavy breakfast person so I really like that these are high in protein and low in carbs! 
I just pack them up in a to-go container, put a cool pack on top of them and eat them on the go!
For all of my friends on WW- I am counting 3 of these as 1 Smartpoint.
1 turkey sausage patty is 1 point and since I split 2 sausage patties across 12 muffins- I probably don't even need to count the sausage- but I am for good measure :)
Egg whites, spinach and mushrooms are 0 Smartpoints. 
It is a GREAT low point breakfast that keeps you full! :)

I made another variation of these egg muffins yesterday morning for my husband...I just used eggs, milk, cheese and sausage- mixed all of that together and poured the mixture into a large sized muffin tin (makes 6). Baked them at 350 for about 15 minutes and breakfast for him is now done for the week!

For his breakfast, I pair one of the egg muffins with a bagel and cream cheese and he is a happy guy!! 

I'd love to know- are you a big breakfast eater? 
What are some of your favorite easy, on-the-go breakfast ideas?

Hope you have the BEST day!!



Comments

  1. These look SO good and easy! I wonder if they'd freeze well?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, but I haven't made them in a long time. I love spinach, sweet peppers, turkey sausage and feta in mine :) I bet my kids would eat them if I did ham and cheese. I need to make these next week for easy lunch options

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts