Welcome Wednesday: Fall Home Tour!

Hi friends!!
Happy Wednesday!!
How is your week going so far?
Things are going well in our neck of the woods...the weather is finally cooling down- but still warm enough that it feels like fall is just gently settling in....basically it's delightful :)

Since it is now officially fall and we are already in the second week of October (HOW?!?), 
I thought it would be fun to share a few of the fall decorations I have up in our house right now!

First things first- if you were coming over to my house- you would be greeted with a cup of coffee flavored with my FAVORITE fall coffee creamer! :) Can't have a house tour without a cup of coffee!
Okay- Let's start at the front door!
Aaron made me the "Harvest" sign. Because he is awesome- the back of it is painted red and says "Joyful." I just turn it around when I decorate for Christmas! :)
He also made the wooden pumpkins!
I LOVE the look of tons of mums and real pumpkins...but here's the deal with me. I have a BLACK thumb. I kill every plant I buy and I just know that if I spend a bunch of money on mums- it's going to be wasted- because I won't keep them alive! HA!
So my porch decor is simple and sustainable :)
(I like to buy our pumpkins a little closer to Halloween just because they have a tendency to rot pretty quick down here since it is still fairly warm)

Next up is our entryway!
This past June, Aaron put shiplap up on the main wall in our entryway and it looks SO good!
Most of my decorations are either from Kirkland's or Hobby Lobby.
I love to keep the color scheme neutral and simple!
In our living room, I have a few little fall touches on our piano!
Love this straw pumpkin (I think I got it at Michael's)!
And I have already shared about this cute pumpkin candle I got at Aldi!!
I added just a tiny "touch" of fall to our mantle...using some galvanized pumpkins and some dried wheat stalks in mason jars!
 I don't have a lot of room to decorate our mantle because of our TV 
(#martialcompromise- HA!)- so I love how the wheat and the pumpkins fit nicely on either ends of the mantle!
I had some different fall pillows on my couch last year, but changed up my "scheme" when I picked up 2 new pumpkin throw pillows at Aldi!
And yes. I have a problem with pillows. HA! I just love them! :)
In the kitchen, I have this simple little letter board and a little pumpkin. 
Marshall made that leaf at school and I love it!
Moving onto the master bedroom- I wanted to show ya'll something we just added! This is not decorated for fall but since I am giving a little home tour- I wanted to share it! :)
This is the wall opposite of the wall our bed is on. It has been bare, with just that print on it, since we moved in. I have been wanting a console table and a place to keep our blankets- but just hadn't found anything I liked for the price I wanted to pay!

Well...Aaron to the rescue! I showed him a design I liked and about a month ago, he made this table! It's super simple- and exactly what I wanted!
I got the baskets from Michael's and they are perfect for our quilts!
Now all I have left to do in our room is get pictures up on our other two walls on either side of our bed. I am looking at getting 2 picture rails from Ballard design..but need them to go on sale  (more than they are right now) AND have free shipping before I get them :)
Okay- back to my fall decorations :)

The last little area I wanted to show you was our reading nook! 
I put out our Halloween books, set out some little pumpkins and two funky metal jack-o-lanterns and it is such a fun, little festive area! 
One other fun thing I do for the kids is put a Halloween themed hand towel and hand soap in their bathrooms and put a Halloween pillowcase on one of their pillows :)
SUPER simple little touches- but they make things just a little more special and fun!

And there you have it! A little fall tour of our house! I hoped you enjoyed your visit :)
And FOR REAL- if you are ever in Greenville, North Carolina- my door is WIDE open for a visit!! 

Hope you have the BEST day!

Linking up with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay today!

Comments

  1. Your home is beautiful! Love all the shiplap! We’ve been “shiplapping” areas in our home and I’m obsessed! Makes it even more fun to decorate for each season with such a pretty background!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Aaron executes the projects you want for the house. That saves so much money and is such an amazing skill. Love your reading nook, your pretty pillows and your neutral fall decor. My mom just bought me a pretty braided pumpkin like yours. It looks really great on my kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts