What I am Loving Wednesday!

Hi friends!!
Happy Wednesday!!
How is your week going so far? We are doing ok! James got sick (tummy stuff) on Sunday afternoon- but was fine by Monday morning! I kept him home just to be sure he was ok- which he was! Yesterday morning, my youngest daughter, Celine, came into our room at 4:30 am and told me she had just thrown up :( She got sick again- but then was fine for the rest of the day. She didn't feel good- but she didn't have any more "episodes." I am just crossing my fingers this little tummy bug doesn't hit anyone else in the family- especially MOMMY. HA!

Ok- Let's talk about a few things I am loving lately!

SOMETHING FUN FOR HALLOWEEN
I printed off these fun FREE Halloween jokes for the kids' lunches! You can get the printables HERE! I write my kids a note each day and put it in their lunch and I think they are going to LOVE the addition of these cute jokes. 
We're currently in a joke telling phase at our house. The girls make up their own jokes and let's just say I am having to do A LOT of fake laughing. HA! 
FOR THE FACE
I mentioned these wax strips by Parissa several years ago- but wanted to share them again- because they are my most preferred way to get rid of unwanted hair on my face!
I have used the little shavers for my face- and I like them okay. For getting rid of the hair on my upper lip- these wax strips are what I use and really feel like work the BEST!
The huge bonus with these strips are that they do not need to be warmed up! You warm the strips up in between hands and then apply them on your brow line or upper lip. I always take a deep breath, count to three and then just rip off the strip. HA! All of the hair I want gone is taken care of and it's just so easy and cheap. If you are looking for an easy, mess free waxing solution- I would definitely these out! You can find them HERE on Amazon!
(FYI- these wax strips do not have great reviews on Amazon- but I really do love them! If you want to try them out- they also carry them at Ulta- and if you don't like them- Ulta has an AWESOME return policy!)
IN THE KITCHEN
This past Sunday, Charlotte, my oldest daughter, made a batch of our favorite oatmeal chocolate peanut butter protein balls!
We love making these protein balls and they are seriously SO easy. We don't follow an exact recipe- so bear with my "instructions." HA! We take a couple of HEAPING spoonfuls of peanut butter and about a 1/4 cup of honey and warm those two ingredients in the microwave until they are slightly melted. Then in a big mixing bowl- mix together about 3 cups of oats and 2 scoops of protein powder. Then pour the honey/peanut mixture over the oats and protein powder and mix together! You might need to add more honey and peanut butter if the mixture is seeming extra dry. 
Also- I wanted to point out- we used old fashioned oats- but will definitely use quick cooking oats next time. The old fashioned oats are a little bigger and heartier in texture than my girls normally prefer.
After everything is mixed together- add in some mini chocolate chips and stir them in!
Then form them into balls!
We keep our's in the fridge- that way they stay hardened and fresh. 
(FYI:You can totally find LOTS of legit recipes for protein balls on the good ol' internet by doing a quick search!)

My girls loving having a couple of these protein balls along with an apple or a yogurt for after school snack! They are seriously yummy and a lot of fun to make with your kiddos!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
This post by Rachel Balducci just gave me all the feels. You can read it HERE and I guarantee wherever you are in life- it will speak to you!!
And there you have it! That's what I am loving lately...what about you? What are you loving this week?

Hope you have the BEST day!

Linking up with StefanieKeriMauriSarah, and Lindsay today!

Comments

  1. Those Halloween jokes look so cute!! Now that Olive is reading more, I bet she'd love to find that surprise in her lunch box this month. Thanks for sharing. Hope everyone is feeling 100% soon. Stomach bugs are the worst :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts