Tuesday Talk!

Hi friends!!!

Happy Tuesday!! Happy FIRST DAY OF OCTOBER!

How was your weekend?? 
Is your week off to a good start?

We had the loveliest visit with my mom! We did so many fun things and had lots of time to just catch up and talk. It was SO good to spend time with my mom and I definitely have had a lump in my throat since we dropped her off at my brother's house on Sunday afternoon.
I don't necessarily have the words to articulate all that I am feeling...but I can say that my dad's presence was so very missed- it's things like a visit with JUST my mom to make me realize (all over again), how he is no longer with us; and at the same time, I am feeling so thankful my mom had the courage to come visit us and it felt SO good to finally get to show her where we live and what life looks like for us here in North Carolina! 
I love this quote by Lysa Terkeurst and it absolutely sums up how I feel most of the time. Just living in that space where joy and sorrow are parallel to one another and being OKAY with that.
So- let's shift topics just slightly (HA!) and talk about the COMFIEST pants ever.
I follow a really fun, cute gal named Laura Godfrey on Instagram and she shared about these jogger/sweatpants from Loft. Then she started sharing all the DMs she was getting about these pants and just how AMAZING they are. Well- I am a total sucker for great reviews, so I promptly ordered myself a pair and picked them up a couple hours later at our local Loft store. FRIENDS. These pants are good. And can totally work for lounge/comfy pants around the house or for running errands around town. They are SO SO soft and very flattering!!
They are currently 50% off, making them $35 (and free shipping or free pick up in store)- which is NOT cheap...BUT...here's my thought- I change into comfy pants EVERY day. I told myself if they were as amazing as everyone else was saying they were- I would keep them- because I knew I would wear them all the time. Well- I am currently typing this post in my new comfy pants. HA!
Okay. I feel like I have rambled enough about these pants. Just go buy a pair and let me know what you think! If you have a Loft store in your town- you have nothing to lose! Try them out and if you don't love them- return them!! (But I really think you are going to thank me a million times once put these pants on! HA!)
What's going on for ya'll this week?

Monday is always a busy day for us...and so is Tuesday. And Wednesday too. HA! On Tuesday, two of my girls are taking a pottery class through our Parks and Recreation department and they LOVE it!! Charlotte has piano lessons on Tuesday too. I have tried to feed us all dinner at the table with the 30 minutes we are all home and it is NOT working. So- I am going to start making the BEST sub sandwiches for Aaron to eat on the go (he takes Charlotte to piano) and the kids get grilled cheese. I'll have a salad (#boringbuteasy)
I posted about these sub sandwiches a couple years ago- but it is still our FAVORITE way to make an "at-home" Jimmy John's sub sandwich!!
(You can check out this POST to see how I make our sandwiches!)
Okay friends...I feel like this is all the randomness I have for today. HA!

I hope ya'll have had a great start to your week and here's to a NEW FRESH BEAUTIFUL MONTH!


Comments

  1. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your visit with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful that you had a good visit, and I know it must have also been bittersweet. Thinking of you! Thanks for the recommendation on the comfy pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used code OMGVIP and got MORE than 50% off with free shipping...yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to have your mom visit and then get to share her with your brother. I'm proud of her for trying something new and being adventurous. Those are hard things at any age. Those pants look so cute! I haven't bought any joggers in a long time so I'll have to check them out. We don't have a Loft in town and I've seen such cute things there lately - bummer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts