Hello Monday!

Hi friends!!
Happy Monday! 

How was your weekend??
We had a really good one. The kids were off on Friday and we were watching my friend's daughter- so I kept the kids busy ALL.DAY.LONG. We went to the store, got a car wash, went hiking, had a picnic lunch and ended our fun Friday by going to a super fun event our downtown sponsors the night before home football games. There was a Zac Brown Cover band playing and it was seriously SO fun!

Saturday, we went on a little road trip to check out a lake a couple hours from us. We checked out the area and had a picnic lunch. Then on the way home, we stopped off at Medoc State Park- and went hiking on two different trails- and had a GREAT time. We did a lot of driving around and exploring and the kids were troopers. 
(Obviously there was whining and complaining and a lot of "I'M STILL HUNGRY- but overall they were pretty great!)
Sunday morning we went to church and once we got home and everyone had lunch- I did some baking! I am taking a big dinner this week, to one of our local missionary groups that guides and loves on high schoolers in our town and I wanted to make sure they had some yummy treats to have after dinner! I made a big pan of brownies and two types of cookies- oatmeal chocolate chip and good ol' chocolate chip!
 My girls spent all Sunday afternoon preparing for our annual "Spooky Dinner." I think we have been doing this dinner for at least 4 years now! The girls plan the menu, decorate and make dinner! I took care of dessert :)
 They each made something special for every table setting. Celine wrote everyone a poem. Cora wrote out everyone's menu and Charlotte colored everyone a My Little Pony Halloween picture :)
It's so neat to see how excited they get and how much they love to have their "own" project. And it's especially fun for me, because now that they are older- they are SO much more independent and I have to do less helping!! :)
 I had to really force myself to get a meal plan together for this week...I always have a harder time in the months where there is technically 5 weeks- I just feel like I have run out of ideas! HA!  We've got some easy- but yummy meals on the menu- and hopefully there will be little to no complaining from my crew about what's for dinner. HA!

Here's what our family will be eating this week!

MONDAY: Chicken strips, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli
TUESDAY: Shredded chicken tacos, refried beans and corn
WEDNESDAY: Cheeseburgers, chips and green beans
THURSDAY: Grilled cheese and potato corn chowder
FRIDAY: Pizza!!
SATURDAY: Dinner out- our friend is visiting!
SUNDAY: Skinnytaste Chicken Enchiladas, black beans and side salads- you can find the recipe HERE!
It's going to be a full week for us...as I am sure it will be for you too- with Halloween on Thursday night!

Here's a few goals I am setting for myself in the midst of all the craziness:

1) Exercise everyday and stay on track with my nutrition. I have had some headaches lately...not sure if they are hormonal? I've been pretty congested the last few days..so that could be a part of it too. Either way- I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to help kick those darn headaches to the curb by drinking plenty of water and eating GOOD, CLEAN food. 
#stayawayfrommehalloweencandy - HA!

2) Stay on top of household chores and laundry- we have a friend coming to visit us on Saturday and I really don't want to be scrambling around on Friday night doing all the things I should have done throughout the week!

3) Every day- write down my "Top 3" I MUST get done. Don't sweat the other 20 or 100 little things I need to do. I can get so bogged down in little things I need to accomplish that I miss my window of opportunity to get DONE what I really need to DO. 
Tell me I am not the only one like this?!? HA!

4) Give each of my kids a bear hug every day and look them in the eyes and tell them I love them. I will be very honest and say is not something I do regularly. I tell them I love them and I give them hugs- but...not always very intentionally. I want to press PAUSE for just a minute and make sure they know mommy SEES them and loves them!!
SO simple and SO important and it's something I am committed to making a habit! :)

What are some goals you are hoping to tackle this week??

I hope you have the BEST day and a wonderful start to your week!!

Linking up with HeatherJohannahTanya and Lindsay!




Comments

  1. The spooky dinner is such a fun tradition and that concert / event on Friday night sounds like a blast!! Have a great week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hug, look them in the eyes and I love you to each kiddo! We had a rough send off to school this morning :( I hate when that happens so I'm meeting Olive at the bus stop with a giant hug + an intentional I love you this afternoon. Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the girls planned out the spooky dinner with all the fun details! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spooky dinner idea! So fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always smile when I stop by and read your posts. They are so refreshing and you have such a precious family that's doing so much RIGHT! Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO kind. Your beautiful words of encouragement truly mean so much to me!!! Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts