I love Aldi + an Easy, Yummy Recipe!


So- I am an Aldi shopper. I have been for about 6 years now. When we lived in Texas, there was no Aldi by us- but since living in Ohio and now Indiana- there are Aldis everywhere! I know when I was a kid and we would shop at Aldi-  I thought it smelled funny and that it was kind of a weird store. Well- Aldi has come a loonggg way! Their prices can't be beat and they have really great products- including a TON of organic items (including produce) and a fast growing line of gluten free products!  
April shared this on her blog a while back and it is a great resource if you are new to shopping at Aldi!  
I thought it would be fun to show you how I use the items I get at Aldi in different recipes. The proof is in the pudding, right?

My parents are here for a quick visit and I wanted to make a quick but delicious, hearty Sunday meal for them.  I decided on open faced meatball sandwiches.  YUM.  Here are the ingredients I used- all from Aldi!
I used 2 pounds of fresh, 93/7 ground turkey , 2 packets of Italian seasoning (found by the salad dressing) and 3/4 cups (this is approximate :) of shredded mozzarella cheese to make the meatball mixture.  SO easy and super tasty.  I lined a cookie sheet with foil, sprayed it with cooking spray and rolled meatballs about 2 inches in diameter.  You can obviously make your meatballs as big or little as you would like! I baked them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.  I then put them in a casserole dish and poured a jar of Simply Nature Organic marinara sauce over them.  When it was time to eat, I popped the meatballs and sauce in the oven to warm up while I buttered slices of Italian bread (or you could brush with olive oil), found in their bread section.  After I got the bread buttered, I took out the meatballs and sauce and put the bread under the broiler to get just a tad toasted.  Then, I assembled my sandwiches by putting 3-4 meatballs on a slice of toasted bread, put marinara sauce on top of the meatballs and then sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.  I put the sandwiches back under the broiler until the cheese was bubbly.  My mom made a delicious, fresh salad with Aldi's Artisan salad mix, english (seedless) cucumbers, grape tomatoes and carrots and that is what we served alongside the sandwiches.  It was such a tasty, healthy and filling meal!  The best part- it was easy!


I get really excited about being able to feed my family healthy, quality foods and still be able to stay within our grocery budget.  Aldi for the win!!
source

Do you shop at Aldi? What are some of your favorite products?
Would you be interested in me sharing more recipes using products from Aldi?

Comments

  1. I live in Texas and we just recently got an Aldi in our town and I love it. I don't buy everything from there but I do get a lot of grocery items from there and your right there prices can not be beat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts