Seven Minute Makeup Routine!

I am a firm believer in making time for things that are important to you.  A few things that are important to me, that make me feel put together, positive and ready to tackle the day are: exercise, getting dressed, and putting on makeup.  I know this is not a priority for everyone- but for me- I just FEEL better when I have put my makeup on! 
Especially, if I have been up several times during the night with my baby or one of my other kids- a little makeup goes a long way for a more, ahem, awake look :)

I wake up at 5:30 am every morning to have time to drink some coffee, have some quiet time and to get ready for the day.  I wake my kids up at 6:30 am and we have to be out the door at 7:20 am for our drive to school.  I don't like feeling rushed AT ALL, so I have got my morning beauty routine down to ten minutes total.  I remember when I didn't have kids, it would take me over AN HOUR to get ready for work...HA!  I didn't know how good I had it!
Soo...first, I wash my face every morning with my Clarisonic Mia 2 (I got this for my birthday and LOVE it!) and then I brush my teeth (duh)- which takes about 3 minutes.  

The remaining 7 minutes is when I put on my "face." 

Here is the makeup I use everyday.  I really have no loyalty to any specific brand...I don't like to spend a lot of money on makeup- so I usually find things I like at Target or Wal Mart.  I also LOVE Avon's makeup products!

(Disclaimer- I am obviously NOT a beauty blogger..
.just your average momma trying to not look like she is working on 4 hours of sleep!)
1. I am currently using this mascara.  My mom put it in my Christmas package and I really like it!  I am also a HUGE fan of this mascara
2. I have used this compact for a very long time and sadly, Avon has discontinued making it.  This compact  looks like a great substitute- I am going to order one soon and give it a try!
3. I love this eyeliner!!  I get it at Target and have used it for a long time.  I put eyeliner on my tops lids and rim the inside of my bottom lids with it.
4. This eye shadow palette is SO AWESOME.  I splurged on this about 2 years ago with birthday money and I have barely put a dent in some of the colors!! This is so worth the money!  
5. I have used this eyeshadow for as long as I can remember wearing makeup! I use this as a bottom lid highlighter.  Using my eyeshadow brush, I will dust some right under my lower lid lashes and put some on the inside corners of my eyes.  Then I will use my eyeliner and rim the inside of my lower lids.  For everyday, I don't use mascara on my bottom lashes...but  when I am doing a more "intense" eye- I will put some mascara on my bottom lashes.
6. This blush is great!  I want to try out a more "pink" color the next time I get some- but it goes on really nice and is SO affordable! I am also thinking about trying some cream blush like this the next time I place an order with Avon.
7. This is the bronzer I use.  I got it in a little Bare Minerals gift package about a year ago and a little goes a long way! After I put on my pressed powder, I will put some bronzer on and then finish with blush right on my cheekbones.
8. This eyeshadow brush is what I use to apply my highlighter eyeshadow.  The Naked 2 palette comes with a really nice eyeshadow brush and that I what I use on my top lids.

Seven minutes later, here is my finished, "everyday" face!
(PS- I am SO awkward and BAD at taking selfies.) 
And here is the reason I have my morning beauty routine so "streamlined."  
I can't be stuck up in my bathroom getting ready when these little girls are ready to play!!

What makeup products do you love?  
Are you the type of gal who feels better with makeup on?

Comments

Popular Posts