Random Monday Ramblings...

Happy Monday!! How does the weekend always fly by so fast?!? 

Here's a little weekend wrap-up :)

My two oldest daughters had spirit week at their school this past week.  Each day they got to dress up in fun outfits (instead of wearing their uniforms) and on Friday it was Team Spirit Day.  I dressed all of my cuties up in gear from my Alma Mater, Southern Illinois University!! GO SALUKIS!  Love this sweet picture of my kids and me!! Poor James looks a little dazed...I think Celine my have been rubbing his head pretty hard! HA!

Friday evening, my husband and I went on our first date since we had our baby boy in JULY! We don't have any family in the area and having just recently moved to our town...it has taken us awhile to find a babysitter we felt comfortable watching our crazy crew :)  Needless to say...we have been looking forward to a dinner just the two of us for quite some time! We tried a new burger place right by our house and had such a FUN time!  SO thankful for my husband.  He is my favorite :)

I was able to go to the gym early Friday morning and run, get outside and power walk on Saturday morning and get another run in at the gym on Sunday after church!  
Exercise is like free therapy for me :)  With the yucky, cold winter weather and my husband's crazy work schedule, I don't get to work out as often as I would like.  We do have a wonderful childcare center at our gym, but my kids JUST got done being super sick...so I am avoiding bringing them there for a few weeks.  Anyway...I was a happy momma on my power walk on Saturday...even if it was only 29 degrees outside :)  

Our Sunday was low key...we went to church in the morning, my husband and I traded off going to the gym and we had homemade pizza.  I thought Katy Perry did an awesome job with the Super Bowl Halftime show!  I told my husband it seemed like she was REALLY singing...which was so refreshing! I feel like so many performers lip synch when they are doing a big show!

And to conclude this super random post, I thought I would share our menu plan for the week.  Do you menu plan?  While I am not a huge fan of cooking (I LOVE to bake...cooking..not so much:), it helps me SO much.  I am able to stick to our grocery budget by menu planning. I am also able to avoid that stressful "IT'S 5 PM AND MY KIDS ARE GOING NUTS AND MY HUSBAND IS GOING TO BE HOME IN ONE HOUR AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE EATING FOR DINNER" scenario. I am sure that has never happened to you...but it sure has happened to me! HA ;)

So..here is what we are eating this week:)

Monday: Leftover spaghetti (made this on Saturday), salad and cheesy bread
Tuesday: Turkey sausage (in the summer we grill it, in the winter, I just broil it in the oven), green beans and one pot macaroni and cheese
Wednesday: Crockpot Chicken Santa (From Skinnytaste.com), shredded lettuce and brown rice (kind of like a burrito bowl from Chipotle)
Thursday: Leftover Chicken Santa Fe burritos/burrito bowls 
Friday: sandwiches/random leftovers 
Saturday: Homemade pizza with whole wheat crust 
(I make a cheese pizza and one with turkey pepperoni)
Sunday: Potato Corn Chowder, salad and grilled cheese sandwiches 

I will post the recipe I use to make the Potato Corn Chowder later in the week...it is SO yummy!! Perfect for these cold winter nights!

Here's to a wonderful week!! 

Comments

  1. I'm going to have to try out that recipe for the one pot mac & cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! :) I just love finding other medical wives because everyone is on the same schedule and moves/starts new jobs in July! Have you heard of Side by Side or the facebook group "Lives of Doctors Wives"? Both have been a great resource to me as we move all around the country and have to deal with crazy schedules and long training years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts