Some Fun Ideas for St. Patrick's Day!

We love holidays in our house- any excuse to celebrate and have some fun- we are all about it!  
St. Patrick's Day is this upcoming Tuesday and I have some fun things planned to make the day extra fun for my girls.  

How fun does this recipe look?!?  I plan on making these for my girls while they are at school and having them ready for an extra special St. Patrick's Day treat when they get home!
source

I had my husband pick up green plates, cups, knives and napkins this past week at Walmart.  He found all of these items in the party aisle.
The night before St. Patrick's Day, I am going to set our kitchen table with all of our green paper goods.  I know my girls will just love coming downstairs and seeing a special table all set up!  

Another tradition of ours is to make green pancakes for breakfast.  I typically just add green food coloring to my regular pancake batter, but this year I am going to try out these cake batter pancakes from the Mix and Match Mama's blog!  
I am pretty sure my girls will love them! :)

This picture was taken last year on St. Patrick's Day :) Along with green pancakes, we always have green applesauce, green yogurt, and green milk:)
 Look at my two oldest daughters!! 
It is CrAzY how much they have grown in just one year!  



I picked my girls' fun shamrock shirts up at Target last year and they are able to wear them again this year.  We just got James this cute polo so he has something green to wear! :)

As a surprise in my girls' lunch boxes, I am going to make a super easy, fun treat.  All you need is green candy melts and pretzels!

Just cover a cookie a sheet with some wax paper and set up your pretzels in the shape of a shamrock.  Melt your candy melts and then put in a Ziploc bag.  Snip the end of the bag and pipe on top of the pretzels.  The melted candy melts will act as the "glue" that will keep the shamrocks together.  Just make sure to let them completely cool!  Or if you don't want to spend the time to make the shamrocks- just do green covered pretzels!  Dip the pretzels in the melted candy and sprinkle some green sprinkles on top. You have the perfect, simple, festive snack to pack in your kiddo's lunch!
source

One of my FAVORITE things about being a mommy is making what could be just an ordinary day- extra special for my kids.  

Life is too short to not celebrate every chance you can!

Look at my little Shamrocks!  SO cute!

Do you have anything fun or a special meal planned for St. Patrick's Day?

Comments

Popular Posts