Recipe Club: Homemade Creamed Corn!

Hi!! Happy Wednesday!!

I am super excited about today- because it's Recipe Club day!! Two of my best blogging buddies, Johannah and Heather, host Recipe Club, every 3rd Wednesday of the month. All you have to do is share one of your favorite recipes and link up with them!!
I am part of the meal ministry for funerals at our church and recently had to make a hot vegetable dish for a luncheon. I seriously had NO idea what to make- because I ALWAYS sign up to make a dessert!
So, of course, I did a quick search on Pinterest and this SUPER easy and YUMMY recipe from Damn Delicious (one of my favorite food blogs) popped up:
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn. It is made in the crock pot. You only need 5 ingredients- all of which I can almost guarantee you already have. It is ready to serve in 2-3 hours. 
DONE and DONE!
Here's the main ingredients you will need:

1 cup of milk
(3) cans of whole kernel corn (15.25 oz) DRAINED (please note- I only have 1 can of corn pictured- but you will need THREE for the recipe!!)
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter- cut into small squares
(not pictured)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions:

**Line your slow cooker with a crock pot liner for easy clean up!**


Place corn in slow cooker. Mix sugar, milk and pepper together until well combined. Pour over corn. Do NOT stir!! Top the corn/milk mixture with cut up butter and cubed cream cheese. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours.

Uncover and stir until butter and cream cheese are well combined. Cover and cook on high heat for another 15 minutes.

Serve Immediately!

Or you can do what I did- and put it in a dish that can be re-heated and serve it later!
Since this was the first time I made this recipe- I can't say if it would freeze well or not. I will have to make it again and try it out! 
Friends. This simple side dish turned out SO yummy! And seriously- it maybe took me five minutes- MAX- to get this prepped and ready to go in the slow cooker!

Wouldn't this be a great side dish to have at Thanksgiving? It is perfect if you are cooking for a big crowd...you could have this as your "starch," make a big tossed salad, grill some steaks and chicken- and BOOM- you have a gorgeous meal!

My husband is from Texas and he looooveeess his creamed corn- especially with BBQ ;) I am excited to make this dish again so he can enjoy it with some BBQ pork!

Let me know if you try this recipe out and what you think of it! I have NEVER not loved a recipe from Damn Delicious- they are all so yummy (and easy to make)!!

Hope you have the BEST day!

Comments

  1. Well I think I just found what I'm taking to my moms for Thanksgiving!! Thank you!! HA
    Thanks for linking up with us each month and sharing awesome recipes!!
    Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I am planning on making it for our thanksgiving dinner too! :)

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Heather!! I have to make a dish for Thanksgiving and I am so making this!!! It looks so good =) We leave for Florida the day after Thanksgiving, so this is something super easy that I don't have to stress over making! Thanks for linking up with us =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be the perfect dish to make!!! And I think you would have plenty for everyone- but barely any leftover - which is good since you will be leaving on your trip! :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so easy and delicious. It's nice because it would be good with both summer/grilling recipes and traditional fall/winter holiday meals. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Delicious has the best recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! We love corn so I'll have to remember this for a side dish. I have always bought cans of creamed corn for recipes and never really thought about making my own! Now I'm hungry for BBQ and your creamed corn. I'm sure people appreciate a yummy side dish like this when they are in need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts