Thursday Thoughts!

Hi friends!! Happy Thursday!

How has your week been going??

Our's has been going well! Not much has been going on...just regular ol' LIFE :)
For the first time in QUITE AWHILE I feel fairly caught up on my household "chores," our laundry pile isn't an erupting volcano and I don't feel like a such a maniac running around trying to get 98 things done at once! HA!  I go through PLENTY of seasons where I feel the exact opposite- so I am soaking up this feeling for as long as it decides to last! ;)

So- this is totally NOT politically- but I really love the Bush Family. I absolute adore Jenna Bush Hager (her sister seems wonderful too!) and think Mrs. Bush is just SO smart and articulate.  When I was running on the treadmill at the gym on Monday, President Bush was on the Today Show, promoting a new book he has written called Portraits of Courage: A Commander in Chief's Tribute to America's Warriors. The book looks amazing- I plan on buying it for several people this year as a gift and I REALLY enjoyed hearing more about the book and the inspiration for it!! You can check out the segment that was broadcasted on the Today show HERE
I have been using It Cosmetics CC Cream for a little over a month now and LOVE it. Since I am totally obsessed with makeup- I want to try every product in the It Cosmetics line now! HA! I am very intrigued by this offer on the actual It Cosmetics website: for $50 (plus shipping and handling- OF COURSE- HA!) you get a 7 piece kit including foundation, concealer, loose powder, a lipstick, brow pencil and mascara!! It seems like an incredible deal- considering the It CC cream alone is $38!! Have any of you purchased this kit recently?? I am trying to figure out how I can convince Aaron I NEED more makeup to add to my already overflowing cosmetics bag. HA!

I think I have mentioned before that I make each of my kids a yearly photo/memory book. It gets pretty time consuming, considering I usually upload about 225 pictures AND because I have 5 kids- HA! I am pretty much always needing to work on someone's photo book. Anyway- I JUST put the finishing touches on James' and Cora's books (from their birthday LAST year!) and need to get started on Charlotte's book. Well- I use Shutterfly to create my photo books and they have this new service where they will create for your photo book FOR YOUYou upload all of your pictures (they suggest making sure they are dated so they can easily be put in chronological order) and make a couple selections on what type of book you want and how many pages you want it to be. A design professional creates the book for you and you can personalize it- like adding captions- once they have made the book for you. They only charge you $10 to make the book- which I think is SO REASONABLE. It's pretty hard finding the time to sit down and make my kids' photo books- spending $10 is totally worth it to me! I think I am going to the service a try and I will definitely let you know what I think! Shutterfly has always had great customer service and they guarantee you are happy with your photo book- so I figure- what do I have to lose?!? 

And since it's March now (HOW?!?), I am thinking up a few, fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in just a couple of weeks! I got my girls some super cute shirts from Crazy 8 and picked them up the most adorable tutus from Walmart (they're not online- only in the store)! 
I am loving this EASY  and FUN treat!  All you need is green candy melts and pretzels!
Just cover a cookie a sheet with some wax paper and set up your pretzels in the shape of a shamrock.  Melt your candy melts and then put in a Ziploc bag.  Snip the end of the bag and pipe on top of the pretzels.  The melted candy melts will act as the "glue" that will keep the shamrocks together.  Just make sure to let them completely cool!  Or if you don't want to spend the time to make the shamrocks- just do green covered pretzels!  Dip the pretzels in the melted candy and sprinkle some green sprinkles on top. You have the perfect, simple, festive snack to pack in your kiddo's lunch!
source

We always have a "green" breakfast on St. Patrick's Day...for the past couple of years we have had our breakfast for dinner since our mornings are pretty rushed with getting the girls off to school. I am going to make these fun pancakes this year for our green "Brinner" - my girls will LOVE the marshmallows in them!
One of my FAVORITE things about being a mommy is making what could be just an ordinary day- extra special for my kids.  
Life is too short to not celebrate every chance you can!

So tell me- what's been going on with you lately?? 
Do you have any fun plans for the month of March? Any great deals you have found lately?

Hope you have the BEST day!

Linking up with Annie and Natalie today!


Comments

  1. So much goodness in this post! I also love the Bush family, and plan to get the new book for several birthdays coming up. That IT deal!! I might be ordering that today! Their products are such great quality. Did you see you also get a free gift on top of all those products! Of course, I don't NEED any makeup right now, but I have a hard time resisting a deal. I also make Shutterfly books and am several years behind! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the Bush's, too! I think my father-in-law would really enjoy that book. I'm already planning our St. Patrick's Day shenanigans. Unfortunately, Wyatt has his 18 month well check, but that won't stop us from getting some shamrock shakes as a treat for after shots. Even if our appointment is at 9:30... ;)

    Is the $10 in addition to the book cost? Also, can you still use a coupon with the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Bush family too! :) So, please tell me more about the photo books.... I know you include special occasions, holidays, what else do you include? I have three kids: 6,4 and 10 months..... I want to start doing this because let's face it, I AM SO BEHIND!!! Eek... I get stressed just thinking about it. Please help. I take probably 100 pics a week of my kids. LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting those shirts! Kate received a tutu from Walmart for my mother-in-law for her birthday this weekend at her party and it is quite cute. I never saw it but it has glitter shamrocks on it. I'm not super in love with the T-shirt that goes with it so I might go out and get this one. Also, I might try to make those shamrock pretzels. I'll try to forget about the time I tried to make the Christmas tree cake...eek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving those St. Patrick's Day food ideas!! Those pretzels are SO CUTE. I love that sweet and salty combo. I am really impressed with your photo book tradition. I take the pictures, document the milestones on the blog, but am missing the component of putting it into a form my kids can enjoy. I need to remedy that. I keep thinking I'll make them some chatbooks, but I've yet to do that. I could use some help in this department - ha! Way to go Super Mom for doing it times FIVE :) You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the St. Patrick's day goodies!!
    Love the Bush family too! They are precious!
    Hope you have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, the pretzels are adorable! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I just found this fun fact out, QVC sells IT cosmetics and they have crazy deals online. ( I saw a beauty blogger post about it) I got 2 mascaras (THE BEST IT product) for the price of one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts