What's Up Wednesday!

Hi friends!!
So...it is the last Wednesday of the month (how is that even possible?!?!)...which means it is time for a What's Up Wednesday Post!  I am excited to be joining MelShay and Sheaffer for their super fun link up party today!


What we're eating this week...As always- our menu for the week is all about SIMPLE and EASY meals. I try and write out what we are having on this chalkboard every Sunday evening...some weeks I don't...but I got my act together this past weekend and planned out our meals AND wrote them on our menu board! 
What I'm reminiscing about...
With Marshall just a few days shy of turning TWO YEARS OLD (HOW?!?!?), I have been thinking a lot about being pregnant with him and all of my other kiddos too! I truly LOVED being pregnant with each one of our babies and just feel SO, SO grateful to have 5 healthy kids that are growing up and turning into such awesome little people.

Holding my precious, eleven pound (HA! I still can't believe he was that big!!) baby boy right before it was time for us to leave the hospital and head home!! Can I just please travel back in time for a couple minutes so I can smell his soft, newborn head one time???!
What I am loving....this Philosophy Purity Made Simple Moisturizer!! I picked up a sample of it when I was at Ulta over the weekend and oh my goodness! I LOVE it! I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and the only moisturizer I have used for the last several years is Cetaphil. This moisturizer has not bothered my skin at all- and it has made it feel hydrated and fresh and so so good! I am now thinking I need to ask for the regular size of this moisturizer along with Purity Made Simple One-Step Cleanser for my Mother's Day gifts!




What we've been up to...lots of playing outside, taking the girls to dance, going to the gym, and finishing up swimming lessons for 2 of the kids! We've been going to the park after the girls get done with their homework a couple days a week and it's been a fun change in our normal routine!!

What I'm dreading...I am not necessarily "dreading" it- but Aaron will be on call double the amount he usually is in May- which means he will be working more than he already does (which is a lot) and that's not my favorite :) The upside is that at the end of the month- we are taking a trip...so we have that to look forward to!!!  

What I'm working on...finishing up 3 of the 5 kids' photo books from LAST YEAR. I know. It's bad. I am so close to being done with James' and Cora's books and I need get Charlotte's started....before I need to start Marshall's 2 year book and my youngest daughter's 6 year book (she has a birthday in a couple of weeks)! With 5 kids, I basically stand no chance on ever being caught up in real time with their yearly photo books! HA! I have actually asked the kids if they would mind if I stopped making them and they looked at me like I had told that Santa isn't real. They were APPALLED. They love their photo books and they especially enjoy looking at each other's books. So I will keep making them!! :)

What I am watching/reading...To be honest we haven't been watching much TV. By the time we get the kiddos in bed, clean up the kitchen and get things ready for the next day. we are both ready to pass out. HA! But when we do muster up the energy to watch a show, we are big fans of Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Chicago Med. And we love watching Blue Bloods too!! And of course, I am been counting down the days for the new This Is Us season that won't start until September. HA!

What I am listening to...we're loving Toby Mac and Zac Williams in our house lately!! I also love anything my husband plays on his Spotify playlists! 

What I'm wearing...nothing cute ;) I am either in workout clothes or jeans and a long sleeve top. While the weather has been warming up here in Eastern North Carolina...it's still not warm enough for me to break out the shorts and t-shirts (I am ALWAYS freezing). I am hoping it's only going to continue to warm up because I just got this dress on sale from Old Navy and I would love to wear it to church on Mother's Day!
(PS- the color of the dress in this picture is super BLAH. In person it's a really pretty coral color!!)
What I'm doing this weekend...Celebrating our precious Marshall's 2nd birthday!!! We are going out for a family date night Saturday night and then on Sunday, his birthday, we will go to a local farm that makes homemade ice cream from the milk their cows produce. It is the CUTEST place and I think it will be the perfect way to celebrate our little guy's special day! 

What I'm looking forward to next month...Aaron and I are going on a trip to Charleston, SC to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary!!!! We haven't been on an official vacation together since our honeymoon, ahem...which was 10 years ago...so to say we are giddy with excitement would be a slight understatement!! 
What else is new...nothing! :) Life is FULL, sometimes chaotic and FUN!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!

Comments

  1. How is Marshall already 2?? I feel like I was just reading that he was born! CRAZY!
    Oh i can't wait for you and Aaron to go to SC! I love Charleston! SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have never been to Charleston..we are soooo excited!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love that dress!!! What a gorgeous color!

    Have a great time in Charleston! I would love to go there sometime!!

    Have a great one! Shannon @slayitagainshan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon!!! It's so much prettier in person!!! We have never been to Charleston...so we are super excited to check it out!!!

      Delete
  3. I can relate to so much of what you are saying--no time for TV shows and wearing lots of work out clothes. So impressed with your work on the kids photo books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I can barely make it to 9 pm without completely passing out!!! ;)
      Thanks for the kind words about the photo books...they are definitely a LABOR OF LOVE! ;)

      Delete
  4. So many great things going on this month!! I'm so excited for your anniversary getaway! What a treat. I think as Olive gets older she'd love to see the menu written out for the week. I keep it on a notepad on the side of our fridge now, but I need to look for a fun board to write it out on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful things all in one post! Happy birthday week to your little one! Enjoy celebrating him! Motherhood is such a joy! :) Thank you for sharing your favorite moisturizer! I've been looking for one, so I'll check that out. How exciting that you have a getaway planned for your milestone anniversary coming soon! Sounds wonderful! I have a blogging friend, Meg, who lives in Charleston and she's done some great posts on the area. You may have fun peeking through her blog (myborrowedheaven.com) and the posts about your upcoming vacation destination! Enjoy the rest of your week! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com
    xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG he was 11 lbs?! Bless you mama!!! So jealous about yalls Charleston trip, my favorite place ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn’t know you were back! Whooooooooowhooooowhoooooo! I love your Walmart finds! I finally reached lifetime status with weight watchers! 40lbs gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey!!! That is amazing!!! Congratulations!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

      Delete
  8. Yay for a couples trip! So excited the two of you get to get away! Happy 2nd birthday Marshall! I remember when you werr pregnant with him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts