Hello Monday!

Hi friends!!!!

How was your weekend??

I feel like it's been forever since I last posted...even though it's only been a week! HA!!
We have been ON.THE.GO. since I last checked in!

I am linking up with Heather, Johannah and Lindsey today and just wanted to share a little bit about what we've been up to the past few days!
We were up bright and early (as usual!! none of my kids know how to sleep in! HA!) on the 4th of July and got on the road to head to the beach for the day!
My brother and his family along with several of his friends and their families were in Kure Beach for the week, so we made the 2 1/2 hour drive down there to join in on all the fun they were having!
Marshall is the baby that can fall asleep anywhere! HA!
I had given him a go-gurt, turned around to get James one out of the cooler and then found him totally passed out a couple minutes later! Such a sweet boy!! The beach is such a tiring place! HA! We put a towel on a boogie board and made a pillow for him out of another beach towel. He slept for over two hours on his makeshift beach bed!! We had to wake him up because it was time for us to head home!
We got back to our house around 7:45 pm and grilled out burgers for dinner. A MUCH later night for us than usual- but it was the 4th of July!! After dinner, we lit sparklers and then snuggled up on our back porch and watched fireworks. 
It was such a fun day and I just felt so grateful!!
(James is in that horribly awkward stage where he says "cheese" when we take a picture- but he doesn't smile and it's just so bad it's funny! HA!)
Friday afternoon, after Aaron got home from work, we headed out again on another adventure! James has been asking to go camping FOREVER. We decided it would be such a fun way to spend his birthday weekend- so we reserved a couple campsites at a local campground in New Bern, NC (which is about 45 minutes away from us). My brother and his family met us at the campground and spent the weekend with us! We ended up changing our reservation from tent camping to "glamping" and we stayed in some really cute log cabin cottages. There was supposed to be some pretty strong thunderstorms over the weekend and we just didn't want to get stuck in tents with kids with a bunch of thunder and lightening!

The campground backed right up on the Neuse River and it was GORGEOUS!!
We had the best time celebrating this precious boy turning FOUR!
We went swimming, fishing, and paddle boating. We spent the afternoon walking about the town of New Bern- which is absolutely ADORABLE. We ordered pizza (James' birthday dinner choice), had cupcakes and then roasted marshmallows and made s'mores!

Gosh. Words can't describe how much I love this precious boy. He made me a "boy" mom and is constantly making me laugh, challenging me and is one of my greatest adventures. 
I am so thankful God chose me to be his mama!!
We got home yesterday around lunch time, got everything unpacked and organized, went to church and had a nice Sunday dinner and of course, as bed time rolled around, Aaron and I were ready to collapse- and the kids "just weren't really tired." HA! WHHHYYY??? 

And now it's Monday and this is how I am totally feeling! HA!
No time for naps in a beach wagon though! It's Vacation Bible School week at our church!
I am in charge of the nursery with another friend of mine and Marshall will be with me while the other 4 kids are attending VBS! It's going to be a FUN, FULL week!

What's happening for you this week? It is it jam packed with activities? Or do you have a nice, slow week planned??

Hope you have the BEST day!

Comments

  1. It sounds like you guys have had SO much fun!! The beach sounds like it was great as does camping!! I hope you guys have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all do so much with your crew! You are one busy mama. We have a busy week this week also with me having two educational workshops, a dentist appointment, and going on vacation this Friday. The packing has not even started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun at the beach. Then camping. What precious memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That camping spot is gorgeous! Camping is the best! We just booked a trip for September! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these adventures you're going on!! And I love that you have family nearby to meet up with. I've never been camping. Looks like you're figuring out a fun camping routine with your crew. The South suits your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate your kind comments and love engaging with ya'll!!!

Popular Posts